logo

My Perfect Resume
It is fraud
2. (5 mins ago)
united lending services
was guaranteed a loan for $35 but was denied. I want my money back.
3. (7 mins ago)
Abercrombie, Hollister
Descrimination against heathy sized girls
4. (14 mins ago)
Berkline
Terrible everything
5. (25 mins ago)
payexim.com
Don’t send them money – they don’t exchange them

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

LightInTheBox Complaints & Reviews - Do not use this company!

LightInTheBox Contacts & Informations

LightInTheBox

Posted:    irrtisam

Do not use this company!

china wholesale
China
lightinthebox.com
BEWARE!

I bought some nba jerseys from lightinthebox.com(they have another site called Sellerkey.com), thinking they might be ligit because of the pictures. when i recieved them after a month i was very dissapointed. they dont look anyhting like hte picture. and they wont give me a refund but a coupon instead. thats ridiculous cuz im never using this site again.

The jerseys was sposed to be a swingman which means it should be stitched. the numbers looked like they were spray painted on the jersey. and there is no tags. its all mugged.

These guys just stick in nice pictures, bottom prices, once you pay, that`s it, you are fucked, it is just a BIG BIG RIPOFF.
Comments China Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Oct, 2008 by   david +1 Votes
I was ripped off by another web site of Lightinthebox---Sellersky.com so I am very concerned about web sites like "Light in the Box". I would not like to see others been ripped off by this kind of web sites.

I would tell everyone be aware of this kind of web sites such as "lightinthebox":

1) They claim serving the whole sell market but the prices are ALL retail. How do you make money with such high price?

2) They cannot guarantee the quality of the price because they are middle man in the purchase process.

3) They cannot guarantee the shipping days. How can you rely on them to run your business?

4) Bad, bad, bad customer support!

5) The problem is there but they have not changed much.

Conclusion:
Forget about "lightinthebox": there is no light at the end of tunnel! It's really a rip off for customers around the world. Go to better sites who are indeed business friendly.
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   david +2 Votes
I have seen a lot of bad comments about this web site. For people considering buy from them please also see review from another web site:
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   Santiago +1 Votes
Do not use this company. I ordered a wii console. It came and wouldn't work. I've been a week now trying to get some sort of replacement or repair but nobody can be bothered to talk to me or whoever does talk to me says not to worry, someone will get back to me. Its disgraceful
 19th of Oct, 2008 by   sedalero +2 Votes
I bought two phones from them and when I got them and one wasn't working. After two weeks the speaker of the other went and no one in customer care was able to help with the problems I had. Before they can do anything they ask you to report your problem, then they respond with a stupid email and after that there is no response and you cannot get help from anyone. They avoid you. Smart aren't they.
 19th of Oct, 2008 by   sedalero +1 Votes
It's funny. You all are saying that light in the box tells you not to worry. They told me the same thing! It must be the companies slogan. Don't worry if you don't have a dress ready for your wedding. "So don't worry. Just Waiting for it in patience." I've been trying to get ahold of them for a week to fix the error they made in a dress size for my wedding. I'm very disappointed with this company. They don't answer the phone, email, or the ticket center they claim will get back to you in 24hrs. Buyers beware.
 20th of Oct, 2008 by   nobody +1 Votes
I ordered 200 earbuds from this site for a business need. I was told I would have my product in 5-7days. We are on day 5 now and they have not even shipped. You cannot get through to speak to anyone. I have been trying for 3 days to speak to someone to confirm what courier they will use and the "US number" provided is a cell phone of someone located in San Francisco. The phone usually goes straigh to voicemail or is not answered when it is on. The voicemail is always full. "William" on the web chat told me the cell phone was dead so to try again later. They will not give me a China number. They said the delay was they had to check the products to make sure they were good before sending them or if I wanted them quicker they would just send me "unchecked" products and I would risk them not working. When you finally get through on the click to chat they tell you not to worry. Sounds familiar. "William" must have got tired of me because he sent a message saying he had a phone call and had to transfer my chat session. It has been an hour and no one has picked up the session. Funny that he is taking a phone call when I can't seem to even get a number to the China office.
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   shak +1 Votes
I have also bought a phone, which never worked and got rippedoff $200 from this so call lightinthebox.com, they are thief and shouldn't be allowed to be in business. I have sent them a note that I would like my $$$ back, however, they have never responded back and a local numbe they shows at 650-681-5344 is always full and would not accept any messages. I suggestion "NEVER BUY FROM CHINA"
 26th of Dec, 2008 by   bb1 +1 Votes
Chinese JUNK! Don't care how you look at it. That's MY opinion. Bought an MP3 player for my daughter for Christmas from lightinabox. They said it would take 1-2 days to "process" then I chose standard shipping so that would take 6-8 days. This was fine. It would be here on time. 8 DAYS LATER I got the confirmation E-mail that my order was shipped and would arrive in 10 DAYS. I was expecting, at MOST, for this order to arrive in 10 days after it was ordered. But it took 18. Needless to say MY story is just like all of these other ones. I first called the fake number and got the "Mailbox Full" message. Then I sent a pretty nasty e-mail to them asking them about the changes in shipping time and why it was not put on the site that the mp3 player was being shipped from Shenzhen, CHINA! They know no one would buy the junk then. I got one of those "Don't worry" responses. REALLY nice! Well, it came with an SD card slot that takes a card size that I don't believe exsists, the rechargeable battery goes dead after 1/2 hour, a lot of the wording on the players functions are in CHINESE(which I don't speak), and the only instructions came in Chinese. It came with a disc that is for a different type of device and it even came in a box for an even different device. The mp3 player I got wouldn't even fit in the box they sent it in. I was like, " What kind of junk is this?" DO NOT BUY FROM LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM!!! DO NOT!!!
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   cmminds +1 Votes
HiPhone Touch-Screen i32

I bought this "HiPhone Touch-Screen i32" phone from LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM and it was not working at all. It was $140.00 and they charged me $30.00 for shipping. Shipping cover says it’s a gift. I tried 100 + times to solve the trouble and they never even returned my emails. They have post their own fake comments about the products.

Lets file a complain about these people and the website. It's worthless just to post comments here. Please email me all your complains to "cmminds@hotmail.com" and please type "LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM" on the subject bar. I will take necessary action and file it.

Thanks
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   Sean 0 Votes
I ordered 5 jerseys. After a month of waiting, they were sent on Christmas Eve, but I was not home. Instead of leaving them, FedEx sent them back to China. I had been trying to get Lightinthebox to resend it, which they said they would, for almost three months. They keep saying “no problem”. It is impossible to reach them by phone or talk to anybody. They keep sending me emails to be patient because of some Chinese holiday. Meanwhile, I have ordered two lenses from a different company and received them in a week’s time. Whatever you do, don't waste your money. These people are a scam.
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   upset MOM 0 Votes
I have just ordered a dress for my daughters senior pictures, when I first put the order in I made a mistake and ordered two of the same dress I E-mailed them they responded the next day and said they would cancel, but it wasnt clear on if they canceled both or just one so I e-mailed again, they said no worry order canceled still not the answer I needed. I also am unable to get a hold of anyone on the phone its either busy or just rings and rings, they do answer my e-mails but there not clear, now that I have read some of your views im worried that we will not be getting this dress and im running out of time.
 22nd of Apr, 2009 by   C.JOHNSON 0 Votes
I ordered my wedding dress from lightinthebox.com, well i recieved an e-mail stating my ordered had been shipped, so of course I am so excited I went to the site to look at the picture of my dress, well they changed the picture and the dress they have shown now with the same exact inventory number of the dress I ordered looks like crap. I am soooo upset that this company would do this. Had this been the original picture of the dress, I would not have ordered it. I just wish I would have known about this company a lot sooner! By the way, I can never speak to anyone about this issue, they are always so busy...I guess riping off others. Now it all makes sense.
 29th of May, 2009 by   Burned 0 Votes
This company is horrible!!! No customer service. The phone number that they offer is bogus! No one ever picks up. I ordered 2 netbooks. When they arrived, one of them was incomplete. Only half of the charger came. They said that they would send a new one. I have been asking where it is and no reply. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! Chances are, you will be disappointed.
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   skins +1 Votes
I agree with you all, and wished I would have seen this site earlier! I ordered my bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding 31/2 weeks ago with the 5-7 day shipping that I paid $35.00 for. The wedding is this Friday and still no dress. UGH!!!
 19th of Oct, 2009 by   Denny_ 0 Votes
Dear customer,

On behalf of LightInTheBox.com, we apologize for the unpleasant experiences and the late reply. We are extremely concerned to read your comments. We would like to know more details so we can address this issue promptly.

You can reach me at Denny@lightinthebox.com. Include your order number and contact info (a reachable phone number is best) and we will assist you very soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Denny
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   Mrs Williams 0 Votes
Wow, I'm sorry others had a problem with them.

I did not have a problem with them. I ordered my dress on a Sunday night and within two weeks, the dress was delivered as promised. I live in New Jersey. Although skeptical at first, but once I received my shipping notification, I thought it would take an additional few weeks because of where it was coming from. My notification came on a Saturday and by Wednesday, the dress was on my front porch. Fits perfectly and looks great.
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   Britton 0 Votes
Yeah makes me wonder how I didn't get the shaft from them to, I really went into it blind. Paid 27.99 for a generic portable media player from LinTB. I was more concerned with customs blocking the order and the thought of "hey they ripped me off" never occurred to me. It did take them several days to confirm shipment, but I ordered it exactly on Christmas day.it was finally shipped on the 31st of Dec. of 09'. It arrived exactly 15 days later, via the cheap air mail option. I kept saying "I got screwed" "It's not coming", then on the 15th of Jan 2010 it was in a brown box in my mail box. Had super foreign labels on it, my first time ordering straight from China like that.

I also had my fun with the customer support dept, I got the feeling of a dark basement with some chink girls reading emails from people and giving out useless and repetitive reply's all with the same theme of "'Don't worry about it", hey fuck you lady. I worried about it, you just took off with money that took hard work to earn. It usually took about 2 to 3 days for a reply for my request for info tickets to be answered. With no pertinent information with any of them, just the usual spluge of "Were sorry for the inconvenience"

Even went back to the site many times trying to post my own picture of the device (you can see it here: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i267/brittonb/player.jpg ) may have to copy and paste to the address bar. I was unable to post a picture that would show on the site and my original review of the item was never published. I had to "dumb it down some" for they would post it. I like the cheap prices and I'm glad they didn't slide one in me. On an honest scale of 1 to 10 I gave them an average of 6 for low prices and a (-)9 on the customer service. Based on the other posts about them I'll count my good fortune and be done with them.
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   powermaniac 0 Votes
i be waiting 6 months to return me my money for faulty mobile...teriblel :angry: :angry:
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   beth2384 0 Votes
I disagree as well. My wedding dress was a custom order. They told me that it would take about two months to receive. I got it within one and I love it. Not only was the dress way less then what I would have paid for here, but the hem and beaded detail were excellent in craftmanship.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   Eva HA 0 Votes
Lightinthebox.com is the WORST company I have ever ordered from. The items you receive are absolutely nothing like the pictures. Everything I ordered was of poor quality and looked like they had been sewn together in minutes. It is very horrible. I spent a lot of money and the items took 2 months to reach my home even though they said it would only take a couple of weeks. DO NOT order from this site please. It is a total RIP OFF. DO NOT trust them!

Swine Flu Vaccine Scam