logo

Topix, LLC
Cyberbullying Company
4. (25 mins ago)
exchange-paysafecard.es
My transfer of my money failed and they didn’t return money
5. (42 mins ago)

Facebook

Posted: 2014-06-09 by    Nadyne DeBoick

Fraud

Australia
Hi, I recently recently received notification from my bank that a credit card account I have is being used to pay for games i have not subscibed to, this has been going on since last November with money being debited regularly. I am in contact with my banks freud dept & they asked me to enquire how my credit card details were obtained, as i have NEVER purchased games & also how if my name was matched to the card number. Please help me with this matter as i am horrified@ that these scams.Thankyou
Comments Australia Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Oct, 2008 by   Christine Cameron 0 Votes

IQ Quiz - Facebook

Was misled by IQ quiz - $9.99/month.
 15th of Oct, 2008 by   Nik Edwards 0 Votes
The IQ scam got $30 out of me and I read the fine print! It is meant to be on the web site in small print (very small)!
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   R.Wallace 0 Votes
When you click on the message that says 1 friend nominated you to challenge their score (there is no friend (false advertising) They are just trying to scam us into subscribing...This ad should be banned because they send you heaps of (unrelated) txt messages and each 1 costs about $5 per txt... i got 4-5 messages in just one day before i realised @#$%$#!!! They should be BANNED from the net they are EVERYWHERE!!! im gonna report them to Target and fair go!

This is in small print (tiny) at the bottom of the page which you have to scroll way down to:

Summary Terms: By calculating your perfect match and by entering your personal PIN Code which will be sent to the mobile phone number supplied by you on this website, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to a bi-weekly horoscope. All plans are subject to the Terms and Conditions. You may stop this subscription service at any time by sending a text message with STOP, to short code 2228. Your phone must have text messaging capability. The love calculation is priced at $5. The weekly horoscope is sent twice weekly and is priced at $5 per horoscope. You will receive an initial horoscope priced at $5. By opting into the service you form a relationship with us and may receive future promotional messages. We will attempt to re-deliver for 7 days if there are delivery errors. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   Joel 0 Votes
So do you have to type in the pin they sent you to become subscribed???
Please answer i'm worried sick as i have no credit!
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   Adam 0 Votes
I have been caught by this scam as well. I don't know how to stop it. I have text STOP many times and they say "you have been unsubscribed" but you haven't. They'll do it again in a day or 2. Somebody help.
My phone network won't do anything about it!!! They're in on it too. How else can somebody charge for sending YOU a text???!!!
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Tony 0 Votes
I agree, a totally disgusting scam.
The text gives you a number to STOP, however this is not the number to cancel the charges, only the messages. You must also text STOP to 88870
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Tony 0 Votes
Sorry forgot to add: 88870 is for UK users.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   HelloKitty 0 Votes
I was caught, too. Damn!
I've mailed to Consumers' Association of Canada. Hope that someone can deal with this scam!
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   Jack Spratt +1 Votes
When my niece joined facebook, I was the first friend she added, she saw the IQ quiz that said that I CHALLENGE her. I have never taken this quiz, I have never challenged anyone to any quiz or game, etc.
Is it illegal to tell people that their TRUSTED friend are challenging them when it is an out-right lie ? My niece got scammed because she thought that I requested the quiz to her.
is this false advertising ?
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   Jack Spratt 0 Votes
This might be helpful for anyone looking into lawsuits against myiqquiz.com

I haven't checked all the links yet, seeing how it was my niece who got scammed, not me.
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   Forget it 0 Votes
Why does Facebook permit this kind of usage? I think they should pick up the cost if they allow these kinds of abusive behavior on their application - particularily if they do nothing to warn or prevent this from happening
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   jeanne 0 Votes
I, too, was scammed because it showed my sister's picture with the IQ quiz and stated that she said that I was stupid. Well, sibling rivalry got the best of me, and I was sucked right in! After I typed in my cell phone number and hit enter, I realized that I really was kind of stupid, and called my sister to confirm her message. You know she had no idea what I was talking about. Completely FALSE advertising.
I immediately tried to cancel to no avail--could not get a human on the line nor would the STOP code work. I then contacted my cell phone provider (Sprint) and was lucky enough to get Norman on the line who calmed me down and walked me through the process of blocking their numbers from my phone and crediting my account. They had already gotten me for $14.99. I did send an email to support@allpp.com to cancel. Their company name is PlayPhone Inc.
Should be banned from Facebook.
 21st of Mar, 2009 by   GTH +1 Votes
I hope when the people running this scam gets off work today they step in front of a truck going 70 mph. Then I'll feel like my 9.99 is going to a good cause.
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   Tracy McDowell 0 Votes
I to was scammed said few friends asked to challenge me so done test but didnt know I got charged till got my phone bill in, and had call charges of £14.00 when rang my phone provider said I recieved 3 messages at £5 each, totally false advertising they shouldnt be able to do this.
Facebook should do something and stop them advertising on their site.
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   dht923nh 0 Votes
Somehow, seeing I have company makes me feel a bit better - I also fell for the IQ challenge on Facebook; figured if my friends were challenging me, it was legit. I called the number on my cell bill tonight and got the outgoing message about how to stop and block them. Sent an email to the stop@allpp.com, and it was aborted after a minute and probably did not get to them. Will have to get to T-Mobile and explain, hopefully they will help block these jerks!

I will also post on Facebook to all my friends that this is a ripoff and not to follow it; I suggest we all do this to get the word out to our friends and family who might get taken. I'm fairly phishing savvy and amazed I got pulled in!!
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   Tabitha 0 Votes
We at Mobile Messenger would like to assist you with your concern or complaint. If you need assistance in regards to being unsubscribed or other related issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call 1-800-416-6129, to speak to a live operator, Monday to Friday 0600 – 1800 US Pacific Time or email escalationsus@sms-helpdesk.com
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   Jon 0 Votes
I too was charged $9.99 on my phone bill for this scam after texting stop to the number provided. I called the number given by user Tabatha and spoke with Monique. She supposedly cancelled my subscription. I inquired about a credit to my phone account and she took my name and address to send a refund check. We shall see if this actually works, but if it does then it should help everyone to cancel this scam!!!
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   pilot light 0 Votes
I had a similar experience except I didn't put my accurate personal information in. I filled out a complaint by clicking on the app (in my case it was MyCalendar) that had this IQ quiz and then scrolling all the way down. Look on the left side there are the following information, the app's logo, Built by "name of app or builder" (link), "Contact" (link), "Report" (link). I clicked on "Report" and checked the box to have a copy of it sent to the developer. I'm also going to post something on my page about it. I may also send an emal to the developer by clicking on "Contact".

Good luck all.
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   Sandra 0 Votes
We at Mobile Messenger would like to assist you with your concern or complaint. If you need assistance in regards to being unsubscribed or other related issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call 1-800-416-6129 Monday to Friday 0600 – 1800 US Pacific Time or email escalationsus@sms-helpdesk.com

Sandra
Mobile Messenger
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   mrsquigles +2 Votes
Guess you all failed the IQ test.

Bank Cards Scam