logo

Uncomfortable experience

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aspen Dental, Keene NH, Keene, New Hampshire Complaints & Reviews - Billing and extra services

Aspen Dental, Keene NH Contacts & Informations

Aspen Dental, Keene NH

Posted:    Kim

Billing and extra services

Aspen Dental
Keene, New Hampshire
I went to Aspen last year because I had some teeth that had been crowned and had broken under the crown. Of course I had to have x-rays and cleaning before they would even look at me. They automatically gave me a electric toothbrush and floride mouthwash. I had told them that all I wanted was the teeth pulled. They automatically totaled everything - never gave me an itemized bill - and after my insurances portion told me that it would be over $3000 but signed me up immediately for carecredit which I am still paying off! But they promised that this would be everything. I have TMJ so had to see the oral surgeon and I needed to get the teeth done. I had told them that I didn't want a partial to replace the teeth but after I had signed up for the carecredit they told me that was included - my fault I didn't make them redo it! They told me they would call me with the oral surgeon appointment because they didn't have his schedule available. Carecredit was already taking their payment and I had to call 2x to finally get the appointment scheduled - took the time off work etc only to have them call that week and say they had to reschedule it later (went in August - took until January to get the teeth pulled). When I went back for my check up after the extraction I was told I was all done - I had to remind them that they needed to do the partial plate. At each of the appointments to get the partial etc I was told that I didn't need to see the finance person because I was all set with my carecredit. Suddenly I started getting statements from them but didn't pay much attention because I thought it was just the amount remaining on the carecredit - the office tells me I am all set. Now I have a collection agency call me telling me that I owe another $1154 !!
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jun, 2009 by   Allie at Aspen Dental -1 Votes
Kim, Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. If you feel you have an issue that cannot be resolved by the Aspen Dental office you visited, please call our Patient Satisfaction Hotline at 1-866-273-8606 or email us at patient services@aspendent.com. We will respond to you as quickly as possible, always within two business days from your initial contact with us. Aspen Dental is committed to your total satisfaction and we look forward resolving any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Devlin 0 Votes
I went there and felt like all I was, was a wallet ripe for the picking!

I went for a tooth that had gone bad and broken as well (interesting to see even the quote was approximately the same!). They did an exam and x-rays (I do like the actual dentist she should open her own practice) but after the exam I was taken to the "consultation" office where the consultant refused to talk about any of the denture options except the most expensive one.

I was told this person no longer works there, but after seeing a posting this current I am very hesitant on returning.

I have since gone back and talked to them. Though I am glad the other person is no longer there I am still leary just for the fact that through searching Google it seems to be a systemic problem through the Aspen Dental chain of offices.

If I do wind up going with them for my dental work I would hope they realize some of us don't quietly take it... we respond LOUDLY...
When I started with my employer I was empressed with what was told to me during training. "Treat the customer as you would like to be treated." I do, and I expect to be treated the same.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   Tammy Pelland 0 Votes
had the same exact thing happen to both me and my husband, went in for dental appoint, said I need
a ton of work down, said this is the total, and signed both of us up for the carecredit, charging the total amount
mind you it went well over there estimate and we also had dental insurance, and they paid most of the bill
got 2 bills, 1 for 2, 000 and 1 for 3, 000. call them to have them fix it. said they would take care of it
well lets say 1 was taken care of from 2, 000 to 500, big difference, but mine, just notice still being charged 3, 000
all hell is going to happen. as soon as I'm done typing this, I will be calling them.
 17th of Mar, 2011 by   katis 0 Votes
i just got my dental insurance and went for a cleaning knowing i needed some fillings. i read the reviews and i took all the money and credit cards out of my wallett. they gave me flouride without asking and then charged me for it because my insurance doesn't cover it. i opened my wallett and showed her i had no money she said i can just pay for it later. the reciptionist said they would call me with an estimate to have my teeth fixed..never did. i called them 4 times and never heard back. they set up my next cleaning apt. but i never went because after 6 months they still wouldn't give me an estimate. i think it's becasuse they saw my empty wallet. i found a new dentists and i trust him 100% i don't have to hide my money.
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   Ripped Off in Keene, NH 0 Votes
This company is like a used car dealer. They raped my insurance, gave me quotes that were fake and under the amount I was billed for and tried to ram services up my bumm without my con.sent. I was charged 700.00 for a cleaning for half of my mouth, I was told the cleaning for the other half would also be an additional 700.00. My teeth were not bad since I just had a cleaning a year before. I was also given an open bottle of mouthwash that I found when I got home and was told I couldn't return it since it was open (35.00). They even tried to give me a 1.00 battery tooth brush with free life time .25 cent batteries for 235.00. I told them to stick it. When they were done raping the insurance c, ompany and sent me a bill that was 400.oo above the quote that was my part I told them "See Ya Later Rip Offs" when I told them we used up our insurance they would not allow me come back until the new year started. I then lost my job and was told they are having computer problems and they would call me back in the next day to get me in for some work. Well they never called back and when I called them they made up hokey reasons as to why I couldn't come in. I met one of the employees social and they told me I couldn.t come back u.less I gave them cash.. or took their credit service. Funny how the written quote I got was not honnored and they doubled the billing and then tried to extort more out of me. Warning to anyone.. don't use these rip offs they will drain every penny you have.
 30th of May, 2012 by   dissatisfied1234 0 Votes
Terrible customer service! X-ray tech did not follow procedure--never looked at paperwork (I hadn't even filled out the potentially pregnant section), insisted that I keep my earrings on during the exam. And overall, it was a very DIRTY PLACE! UNSANITARY!!! Nasty, dingy carpet, smudges all over the walls and linoleum. Everything seemed dirty--including the dental reclining chairs. A receptionist's children were running loose and causing mayhem. Dirty restroom. Dental tools were out in the open of a walkway, rather than under UV lights. The employees were yelling to one another about entirely non-related subjects. Poor customer service. I will not go there again!!!
 27th of Jun, 2012 by   Jon Ricco 0 Votes
Aspen Dental is a Scam that preys upon the less knowledgeable and the anxious. They had me in just to look at me for a cleaning. This never happened before. The doctor said the hygienist wouldn't be available for a month so I waited. When I saw her a month later she did a gum examination and was rather pushy in that she wasn't sure If I'd get a cleaning today. They decided I needed a root scaling and they refused a cleaning. They sent me up front to be handed a bill for about 2100.00, 1350.00 out of pocket and a third appointment. I went to a dentist once who performed a cleaning the first day I went in and suggested a scaling next visit. When I told Aspen that they said they could lose their license performing just a cleaning when I needed a scaling. Aspen is equivalent to a Dental Whorehouse. Stay away from here!
 17th of Jul, 2012 by   privateyegirl 0 Votes
Please join the class action lawsuit being filed. We need your testimony. Contact me at Researchpartners@verizon.net.
I am a paralegal and private investigator working on the case.
 6th of Apr, 2013 by   Consum012c 0 Votes
Went to this location in NH. Very Poor lead Dentist - drilled into wrong tooth. Bad customer support after dentist made mistake from the staff - refused to give me the original x-rays when they knew I wasn't going to return. Received a bill from this office after they said I didn't have to pay for the dentist mistake. 7 months later I had a tooth develop decay because they removed sanded or "cleaned" stains off which also removed the protective layer on the tooth. 1 year later I have had 2 teeth completely chip off because it developed decay so quickly due to the removal of the protective layer on my teeth. I had absolutely nothing wrong with these teeth.

Originally, when the dentist inspected my teeth, he spent probably a total of 2 minutes - if that - calling out to his assistant dental codes. I optioned to take things slowly before getting my wisdom tooth pulled. An assistant went through with the stages of cleaning. All which was proportionately payed by myself, or my insurance carrier per session. We finally set up the appointment to have my cavities repaired. During the session the dentist didn't start well. Instead of gently edging in with the needle, he darted in and injected me once which sent me on edge. Then he had to do a total of 5 - 6 injections in my mouth which I thought at the time was odd, and meanwhile, he kept asking me if it was painful. Finally, he started drilling, because my mouth was so numb it took me a little while to realize that he was on the top of my mouth and not the bottom. He drilled into the wrong tooth. I told to "stop" and told him " i don't have cavities on any of my front teeth, nor my top teeth.". He quickly asserted trying to convince otherwise by saying, "Well, that is the teeth we agreed on." I never even spoke with this dentist. I spoke with the lady who cleaned my teeth. All the dentist did was come in and do a pressure test on my teeth, calling out numbers to his assistant. Anyhow, he carelessly filled in the tooth he damaged - which I had to pay out of pocket to another dentist to go back and pull the filling a place another in its place. Then to top it off. My knew dentist wanted to borrow the original x-rays which he said I could return to Aspen. He said there are things you cannot see on just the copies. Upon request Aspen refused to give them to me. I told them, I have rights to them, my insurance paid for them. They sarcastically said, "No, your insurance paid to have our dental assistant take the x-rays." When I asked my insurance company if they would pay for another set they said they only pay for one every so many years. I left there without that dentist at Aspen pulling my wisdom tooth. However, after everything settled and my dental work was taken care of by other facilities, I got a bill from the corporate office for the tooth the dentist messed up. I then contacted this office and explained to them what the dentist did, and was not too happy about seeing this bill. Now, I have holes in my teeth where they sanding clean some coffee stains, also taking the top protective layer off my teeth. After they cleaned the areas they looked crisp white but had a different texture than the normal gloss coating. Nearly a year later, the area has darkened just a bit and a chunk of my tooth just pulled right out. This has happened on two of my teeth. Which I had no problem with prior. Overall, my experience at this place was miserable, and I am still paying for it.

Insurance on Campus