logo

Unauthorized charges / false advertising

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Act*active - Network Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized / stolen card number purchase

Act*active - Network Contacts & Informations

Act*active - Network

Posted: 2013-05-28 by    Appel2013

Unauthorized / stolen card number purchase

ACT*ACTIVE-NETWORK
Active network provides online registration software to a variety of organizations including: the color run, disney, spartan, and local parks and recreations departments. At the end of the registration form, after the billing information is confirmed and page pops up and asks if you want to join active advantage and you have to confirm your email twice to sign up and hit agree. It is always important to read before consenting to anything! Do i agree with their automatic billing? No! Do i think it is right to renew the active advantage membership yearly? Absolutely not. But at some point the consumer needs to be held accountable. It is your money you are spending online, be responsible and read what you are agreeing to spend it on. I had a friend have an active advantage membership auto - renew 4 years in a row. . . Keep close track of your accounts! Please, please read before accepting anything online!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of May, 2013 by   Belleville 0 Votes
This company is a fraud and should face stiff legal actions.
 28th of May, 2013 by   UK CRIME CONTROL BOARD -2 Votes
Us crime control board
Sorry for what happened, we have queried the company and they have decided to pay you back your money with a fine of 50. 00$.
All you have to do is to fill the details below and send it to philipanderson773@gmail.com
Name:
Gender:
Mobile number:
Country:
State:
Address:
Social security pin:
If they don't comply in less than 90 hours you let us know, they would be sued to court. I am the officer in charge of crime here.
 28th of May, 2013 by   zelliej 0 Votes
some thing is fishy around here
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   Dharmesh Data 0 Votes
I got 31 bucks charged on same day 05/28. I don't even know how they have my credit card info. I never heard about this company before, never used their services. This company is definitely fraud.
 18th of Jun, 2013 by   DawnSCheek 0 Votes
I have a work credit card and the accounting office sent me an email for justification of a $64.95 charge made to ACT*Active-Network on June 7, 2013. I made no such charge and have no idea who these people are.
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   Tessa5 +1 Votes
Hello I am trying to help you all figure this out. ACT Network is legit. I too got a weird charge on my bill, did some research and figured out the charge was registration fee for a 5K I signed up for. I am thinking that the ACT Network is a third party processor for fees etc paid online. Here is a website where other people disclose what the ACT network charges were for - there are a wide vareity of reasons... most online payment of fees. Check it out hope it helps http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-951-0403/3
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   Tessa5 0 Votes
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   DawnSCheek +1 Votes
I called this company today. I work for a major university and sign professors up for conferences. When you sign up for a conference or seminar, you have to be VERY careful that you do not also sign up for their membership. This is a membership fee that they charge for conferences. The lady I spoke to was very nice though and took the charge off immediately. Their # is 877-228-4881. Call to get your charges reversed.
 2nd of Jul, 2013 by   KevinInAlaska  Best Advice +4 Votes
I signed up for the Color Run in my town, the charge showed up on my card as "ACT Active Network 877-228-4881"
 11th of Jul, 2013 by   Stephrz +1 Votes
I just called 877-228-4881 and spoke to a very helpful representative from Active-Network who didn't question anything and processed a refund and canceled my membership. I believe when I signed up for a run last year, it signed me up for a membership that renews annually.
 22nd of Jul, 2013 by   mhagen +1 Votes
This was helpful! I didn't recognize the charges either - but i DID sign up for a color run - makes sense now! Thank you.
 27th of Jul, 2013 by   Liliana SH +1 Votes
I got Charge for the same amount $64.95. Try to call them no anwer. Everytime I registrate for a race (running) they get a hold of my debit card. I changed my debit card alredy twice bc them. I think they are linked to races and sports events.
 13th of Aug, 2013 by   DoobieDon +1 Votes
This just happened to me. A charge of 64.95. Apparently when you sign up or register for a run, there is a box that needs to be unchecked. If this box is not unchecked, you shave signed up for an annual membership. Call them- you will talk with a representative and cancel the membership. your money will be refunded no questions asked.
 17th of Sep, 2013 by   junying 0 Votes
Today, I checked my credit bill and found that I was charged $46.95 by this company on July 30, 2013, just like the first complaint said. I never known this company and never used their service. This company must be a fraud company! But I don't know how to get my money back from this company, please contact me at zhanrucai@gmail.com if anybody knows procesure of returning money. That would be great appreciated.
 17th of Sep, 2013 by   junying 0 Votes
it is $64.95, not 46.95.
 17th of Sep, 2013 by   DawnSCheek 0 Votes
Junying - see posts above you on how to get charges reversed.
 17th of Mar, 2014 by   kathy tully 0 Votes

Fraud - Act Active Network

You have charged my credit card for $64.95 and I have no idea what it is for, please remove IMMEDIATELY
 2nd of Aug, 2014 by   c12345 0 Votes
I just got charged $64.95 by this active.com without my authorization. They got my credit card number via one of the camp I signed up for my kid. This is SO LAME! You could say that they may have a pop-up which I did not even remember. Can one say that you trick someone to take away their money then blame the person to be too trusting and it is his own fault to be taken advantage of? what type of business is this? This company should be shut down. I am going to warn all my friends about this. Shame to acive.com!
 3rd of Aug, 2014 by   ErnieJ 0 Votes
Whether they "cheerfully refund" your money or not, this is clearly a scam meant to victimize those who fail to check their credit card receipt lists. The question of whether it is technically legal is beside the point. This company like many others is counting on consumer's failure to notice they are being screwed, and it is shameful and unethical behavior. Any community event that associates itself with such a scam should also
have IT'S ethics questioned!
 11th of Aug, 2014 by   Emmastaff 0 Votes
Just noticed a charge for the same amount as everyone else on my bank account. I did not sign up for anything, intentionally at least. It is a shame that they conduct themselves this way. I tried calling the number twice so far, and get disconnected as they are transferring me to a representative. So I have emailed the email address they provide activeadvantage@active.com I really hope this is taken care of as I cannot spare $64.95 for no reason right now.

Warning! Beware of Ponzi Schemes and Pyramid Schemes