Soldiers AngelsStopped Funding Wounded Soldiers Program

Just recently Soldier’s Angels has decided to discontinue funding for a rehabilitation program for our wounded warriors at the Fisher House, located at Fort Sam Houston TX. Our servicemen would receive therapeutic massage, facials, exfoliating body wraps, pedicures and more.
These were all very beneficial treatments for our wounded, and now Soldier’s Angels decided to cut the program. We are not sure why Ms. Patti Patton-Bader (founder of Solder’s Angels) would do such a thing to the soldier’s. These programs would give our troops something to look forward to on a daily basis, while residing at the Fisher House. Most of the injured do not have their family near by to care for, so this is just another way they can relieve the pressure and feel at ease.
It seems like they would rather spend there donations on materialistic things, instead of supporting healing services that get emotional and physical results. I’m not saying they are completely bad, because they have done many other great things for our men and women in military. All I’m saying is the therapeutic services MUST continue!!!

Please help us get the program started again, send correspondence to [protected]@soldiersangels.org with your comments and feedback.

Sincerely,
WOUNDED SOLDIER

Stopped Funding Wounded Soldiers Program

• Wi
    Wisconsin Stylist Feb 23, 2010

Facials...? Exfoliating body wraps...? Pedicures...? there are soldier's that are missing arms and legs and minds... I would think that they would be better helped by the monies then paying for facials, exfoliating body wraps, and pedicures. My research of this facility shows there are a lot of things going on there... all of which benefit many... I know that I would prefer my donation to go to getting a “Dad or Mom” a prostatic arm or leg rather than a pedicure which can be donated by local facilities as a good will gesture. I know we donate our time by doing various services for the wounded at our local facility such as facials and manicures and we pay for the suppiles out of our pocketbook.

• De
    Desert Denizen901 Sep 01, 2010

Sometimes feeling human is more about the luxuries than the necessities. Ever been hospitalized and wishes someone would just shampoo your hair or clean your fingernails? Who are we to say what benefits these men and women. If they want cotton candy for breakfast, give it to them! They deserve whatever they want, not what we deem appropriate.

• Su
    Suzanne Sarnowski Marzano Aug 15, 2015

This wounded warrior isn't saying that needs aren't been met, he is say that a little pampering that all people need is being taken away. How would Wisconsin stylist feel if her customers stopped coming because they decided pampering was needed as much as other things. We are talking about men and women who gave their all for our country, and that includes you Wisconsin stylist, did you ever go over and fight? Have a family member or friend either die or come back physically or mentally injured? Well I have. You might want to rethink your position if that was you or one of your loved ones and you lived so far way you could only visit by phone and in person once or twice a year. You are a cruel and unfeeling person and I pity you.