Scapa HealthcareUwarrented Termination

S

Beginning in early 2013, I received a call from a headhunter expressing interest in me for a position with Scapa Healthcare, a medical adhesive company based out of Windsor, CT, with locations in Inglewood, CA, Knoxville, TN (Webtec Converting), and the UK among others. By Mid May I was interviewed and hired on to join the sales team. By Mid September, my career and bright future in Sales was extinguished along with my employment at Scapa. I was recruited by Scapa, taken away from a bright future with my current company at the time with promises of great opportunity. This is far from the truth. Inside of less that 4 months I represented the 4th termination; including three others all within their so-called 90 probation period, including myself. The company sets unrealistic expectations for sales and marketing in a sales process and project development environment that has easily a year long timeline. I was asked to deliver a business review without mistakes or errors in less than 1 1/2 months when during that time, 4 weeks was spent in non customer focused activity. The management at Scapa is belittling and abusive and uses tactics of fear of termination as a means to motivate and I would highly suggest that anyone seeking employment with Scapa do so with extreme caution.