Unified Tribe Complaints & Reviews

Unified TribeFraud

Magic is textbook cultleader just like David Coresh and Jim Jones. They take every dime you make and basically turn you into a servent while breaking you down emotionally, mentally and spiritually to make you into another Tribe robot. If you are a woman and Magic likes what he sees you will end up being convinced to sleep with him and the women felt like this was rape. If you are a man and you bring in a women you better be willing to share or lose your women. It is disgusting.

I am coming from my heart not anger. I really want to see these people stopped because they are flat out dangerous. They have talked about suicide pacts and all of us that had the strength to leave have been subject to long meetings about who is really loyal and who would kill themselves for the group.

Trust me if you are in any way involved with this group your life will be destroyed get out and wake up while you can. If anyone is investing in this group get out ASAP. This is a losing investment and you will just be taken for a painful money losing ride.

Please hear us we are telling you the truth.

Respond

Unified TribeThis is a losing investment and you will just be taken for a painful money losing ride

As someone who was a part of this for a long time I can specifically say that I am not coming from a place of an angry groupie or sour grapes. The fact that they think they have groupies is a joke, they are a joke.

I come from a place of just wanting to warn people of them, they have destroyed many people and people’s families’ lives. Not just a few groupies. These people especially the leader brainwashes people to believe that they are the next best thing musically and spiritually. In truth they have been using people for their money since (Magic Mendez) the leader has been 18 years old. Over 30 years of destruction to many.

I would have loved to think that the con that these people pulled on wanting to make a positive difference and make good music was true. I made the mistake in believing them and was with them for a long time and I ended up finding that my life had almost been destroyed. Fortunately I had the courage to get out and am very happy with my life now.

They are master illusion artists and are very good at messing with people’s emotions and weaknesses to lure them into their con. They take every dime you make and basically turn you into a servant while breaking you down emotionally, mentally and spiritually to make you into another Tribe robot. If you are a woman and Magic likes what he sees you will end up being convinced to sleep with him and the women felt like this was rape. If you are a man and you bring in women you better be willing to share or lose your women. It is disgusting.

1 Response
      • Me
        Merlschmurl Apr 11, 2011

OMG you clowns are still at it? You're all in your late 40's and still fishing for pitty, and sorrow. You sucked as musicians face it. Your albums were so over produced it made Ke$ha look like she has real talent... Seriously give it up!!!

Unified TribeAbsolutely sick people

These people are absolutely sick and I am ready for the plug to get pulled on them. I come from a place of just wanting to warn people of them, they have destroyed many people and peoples families lives. Not just a few groupies. These people especially the leader brainwashes people to believe that they are the next best thing musically and spiritually. In truth they have been using people for their money since (Magic Mendez) the leader has been 18 years old. Over 30 years of destruction to many. I would have loved to think that the con that these people pulled on wanting to make a positive difference and make good music was true.

Respond

Unified Tribe — Beware

I have been with the group for many years. I left because I saw much too much of the "same". The group...

Unified Tribe — Unified Tribe fakes their live shows. Not a real band!!!!

Unified Tribe is not a real band!!!it is all fake<br /> <br /> Listen, this group is not really a...

Unified TribeUnified Tribe

I come from a place of just wanting to warn people of them, they have destroyed many people and peoples families lives. Not just a few groupies. These people especially the leader brainwashes people to believe that they are the next best thing musically and spiritually. In truth they have been using people for their money since (Magic Mendez) the leader has been 18 years old. Over 30 years of destruction to many. I would have loved to think that the con that these people pulled on wanting to make a positive difference and make good music was true. I made the mistake in believing them and was with them for a long time and I ended up finding that my life had almost been destroyed. Fortunately I had the courage to get out and am very very happy with my life now. Going through this experience has made me so grateful for having my own freedom and life. Just like any cult they very carefully rip you away from your family without you really noticing it. Magic is textbook cultleader just like David Coresh and Jim Jones, just look up in google what the makings of a Cult is and it describes this group perfectly. They are master illusion artists and are very good at messing with peoples emotions and weaknesses to lure them into their con. They take every dime you make and basically turn you into a servant while breaking you down emotionally, mentally and spiritually to make you into another Tribe robot. If you are a woman and Magic likes what he sees you will end up being convinced to sleep with him and the women felt like this was rape. If you are a man and you bring in a women you better be willing to share or lose your women. It is disgusting.

Please hear us we are telling you the truth.

Concerned

4 Responses
            xtribex Aug 12, 2009

So many many people are speaking out about how much fraud Unified Tribe and Magic Mendez is responsable for. You can find out more info on /link removed/
            Please if you know Unified Tribe, do some research on this group before you get any closer to being a victum to Unified Tribe. Many people have found out the hard way. Be the smarter one, don't get ripped off by Magic Mendez of Unified Tribe.

xtribex Aug 12, 2009

Unified Tribe will never make it without the old members. The real talent is gone. Magic Mendez is a dirty old fat man and nobody wants to see him jumping all over the stage.

Right on with the statement that Unified Tribe will only play venues for free, Unified Tribe will never get payed again for there music. Soon Unified Tribe won't be able to play for free because word is getting out about the truth of Magic Mendez.

Stay Away from Unified Tribe, Harmony, Magic Mendez, Jessie, Kathy, and Merrily. They're the biggest thieves I've ever met.

• Da
            DawnV Aug 12, 2009

I saw the couple of shows you did when you were living in Austin and they were MUCH better. THe talent is gone, what happened to the people that were so talented. Even your wife, Starr is gone. They must have seen that the group was destined to play venues for free just to try to resurrect some interest. Too bad! Time for retirement?

Enoughofthetribe
            austin, Texas
            U.S.A.

xtribex Aug 06, 2009

I don't understand how Magic can be so cruel. How can a person ruin so many lives. Magic is so heartless to be so destructive to people, there lives, and families. How many more lives will be torn apart until he is stopped? He'll finally just grow old and be alone one day and have to face himself with all the terrible things he has done to people. Well, Harmony might stay until the end with Magic. Then Harmony will realize the truth of it all and she'll see how she's wasted her life, for what, for nothing.
            Magic has left a trail of distruction and pain, that must be why he can't seem to sleep at night. I truly believe what goes around comes around. Magic Mendez of Unified Tribe will very soon get his day.

Unified Tribe — Fraud, fraud, fraud

Unified TribeSick circle

Magic Mendez is a rapist, and will take your money. He and the rest of the Unified Tribe, will show you whatever they think you need to see to fall into their sick circle. He will separate families, marriages to feed his endless sexual hunger.

7 Responses
            • Fr
              Freedom Golden Jun 17, 2009

Why doesn't anyone ask Magic why he and the group left Colorado Springs and came BACK to Vegas? Ask him why Meriah isn't in the band anymore...she so far has been the biggest victim...rock on girl for standing your ground and getting out...I wish I could've helped you back in the day...I just couldn't seem to get my head out of my ###...thank God I finally came to my senses...thank God...literally.
              Payback is a ###...you don't want to be anywhere around when it comes...trust me...this is why they were not aloud to raise a little boy...in heaven where he belongs ...AWAY from the wolves...

• Fr
              Freedom Jun 17, 2009

Sorry Bella...Kevin is right...I was a victim myself...and because of my staying too long...I lost my man...because I had to leave him...Magic would not leave me alone and was constantly trying to come between us...oh yes...it's true...and now my man is lost...or used to be...it's a shame that he stayed only because that music career was dangled over his head...get out while you still have your sanity...by the way he ruined the life of a 12 yr old...I witnessed it myself...wasn't strong enough to do anything about it at the time. Thanks God the girl is now out of the group and starting a new life where she can actually have freedom.

• Ge
              genuine Apr 27, 2009

Yes the story that Unified Tribe writes out looks pretty on paper. Yes the website looks like they’re nice people. Yes when you first meet them they may seem very nice. But after spending enough time with them you’ll find their ugly truth. If you spend years and years with them you’ll really understand.

Unified Tribe puts on a great façade. Unified Tribe has been scamming people since Magic started when he was 18 years old, now he’s in his late 40’s, that’s over 25 years. Over the 25 years he’s become a real pro at his.

Take it from my experience, STAY AWAY!

Why do I write this? I’ll tell you it’s a release to finally speak the truth, and hopefully I can help someone.

• Xu
              xunifiedtribe Apr 26, 2009

A textbook cult if there ever was one. Charismatic all knowing, all powerful leader? Check. The leader and the leader's doctrine cannot be questioned? check. Forces members into submission? Double check. Uses confession to learn your deepest darkest fears and then uses those fears to manipulate members? check. Leader claims to have 'magic powers'? Check. Take all your money for the 'good of the group'? Check. Uses that money for the good of the leader AND ONLY the leader? Double check. Talk of suicide pacts? Check.

It doesn't get any more textbook than this, unfortunately. They claim to be working towards the greater good and spiritual enlightenment, but it's basically a front to get their ugly ### leader his ###ed side-head ponytail laid as much as humanly possible while taking money from whatever wide-eyed followers he can get his hands on. Are you a man in the tribe? You're there to attract girls for Magic to take from you. Are you a woman in the tribe? You're there to please the leader sexually. Regardless, you'll be giving them your money.

Maybe you think the tribe is your step up to fame and fortune? Maybe you think you can use them to launch your own career? I've got news for you. Magic's been chasing fame and fortune since the 70's, and hasn't had a hit in over 30 years, it's not going to happen for him, and it's not going to happen for you while you're there. Get away while you can, and if you're strong and you work at it you can piece your life back together.

• Be
              bella Apr 25, 2009

Magic Mendez has done nothing but help many families, many marriages and has given much love and support and never taking anything from people that he meets, especially those he loves. Don't be upset Kevin because you were not blessed with the many gifts Magic Mendez is blessed with. Get a life!!

• Be
              bella Apr 25, 2009

It's a real shame that there are people in this world that would rather tell lies about a wonderful group of people before looking at themselves! Just because YOU didn't get what you wanted you post crap like this. Remember, "what goes around, comes around!" OUCH!!!

• Pe
              Pet Apr 23, 2009

The truth will always come to the surface, no matter how long you think you have gotten away with your lies. This posting is karma in action.