IBSN TaxNot trust worthy

IBSN is a tax filing company based in India. These guys will file u r taxxes with some tricky and riskyway.
will tell you that if a query comes from federal or state govt. they will support you for 7 yrs.
they chagred my more than 400USD . for getting more money as a tax return.
I got query from state ..and theese guys r simply ignoring my emails and calls.
i called more than 20 times everytime i get a answer that we'l get back to you shortly !!

this company is not trust worth .
DO NOT FILE YOUR TAXES WITH IBSN . These guys are CHEAT

• Kr
    krs_rama Sep 04, 2013

i agree with the complaints. Yes he is a absolute fraud and cheat. He ripped me of more than $5000 by the way of IRA investment and never willing to refund. I am filing a report with FBI in few days and have him answer all his past sins.

• Cy
    Cynergy Tax Jun 25, 2013

To bombaytravelincvictim & Whomsoever It May Concern
    Cynergy Tax was/is No Way related to any other US Tax Filing Firm, Cynergy Tax is a Professionally Organized firm run by Professionals over the years and will continue to do so, No matter What, thereby Serving the Thousands of Clients both in US & India to their utmost Satisfaction.
    Anyone with any issues relating to Cynergy Tax can communicate directly at info at cynergytax.com and can expect 24 hrs response turnaround through out the year!

Thanks & Regards
    Cynergy Tax.

Mangocity May 21, 2013

Looks like, once in a while Laxmi Palaypu comes out to the forum and try to get some sympathy and make some money from the poor new comers in the name of tax filing expert.
    and goes back to his fraud business again.
    Laxmi - If you have shared your emails for complaints or queries donnt you know that you need to respond back or hold responsible for the promises you made to customers. I have mailed more than thousand times and you havent respond back for a tax audit and atlast you make us suffer for your mistakes. And you claim you deserve respect as the business expert.

• Ra
    Ravikumar S Mar 21, 2013

Yes, their website is also inaccessible now. There is no way for me to download tax return documents or to see email conversations during my tax filing. I have an IRS audit for 2010 amounting to more than $1600.

• Ib
    ibsnharrassment Mar 09, 2013

I am in the process of filing a case against IBSN for leniency, negligence, harassment (not receiving calls, no response, having no clarity in communications etc) and fraud. Their website is also inaccessible. There is no way for me to download tax return documents or to see email conversations during my tax filing. I have an IRS audit for 2009 and 2010 amounting to more than $10000. I have no way of paying for it. I have been approaching Mr.Laxmi Prasad and group since last 12 months.Someone needs to teach IBSN executives the importance of customer communication/meaning of tax audit representation and IRS case closure.
    Anyone who is interested, please do reach out to me at

[email protected]

I am really serious about letting IBSN and Federal govt/IRS about harassment and trauma I went through this journey with IBSN.
    This is not a lawsuit to cliam money from IBSN. I would like IRS and Feds look into each and every business of IBSN/associates of IBSN through this legal action.

• Bo
    bombaytravelincvictim Feb 27, 2013

I got a call from cynergy tax. Sounds like IBSN has started new company as cynergy tax. I have been telling them to remove myname from calling list since last 5 years. Still, I receive call from them every year.

• Sg
    SGarg Feb 21, 2013

I have only one thing to say.. Unless you depend on you luck do not go with IBSN... (Based on my personal experience)

Laxmi Palaypu Feb 06, 2013

Dear All -
    I would like to post few final comments here -
    I have shut down IBSN websites because I am not doing this business in any commercial sense now except for few very old tax & SDIRA Clients that I have. As equally as all of you, I am tired, exhausted of this crap happening. Neither I am operating any different website, nor taken up a living in Germany nor cheating anyone. It is just that I am tired of all this prevailing.

If some “values tax” or some other company approaches you - demand them from where they got the details... Or let us fight to inquire their source of this database. I will join hands.

On audits - Please note, we make representation but not the final authority in offering department judgment in favor of the tax clients. Our practice neither was fraudulent nor was the tax code that we applied on a tax return improper. It is that department is seeking substantiate evidence to prove the temporariness of client projects and that the expenses while on this temporary job holding are not reimbursed separately by the employer. Unfortunately, out of the audits that we represented, the evidence to prove temporariness was not sufficient. When it matters evidence, it is the primary source of information that holds the key information should reveal of such evidence of temporariness. Neither the claims are cooked up, nor the code is incorrectly applied nor our practice ethics were burnt down as this forum comments. Without this evidence, no matter how much we argue, make representation to the department, it is turning futile. It is not that we practiced any undue means. It is also that we have not taken clients refunds on our name. The taxpayer received those refunds. Our average fees on each file was 150 - 350. If the substantiate evidence is not happening and our applicable tax code is not contestable - but the company is suffering still having taken the representation commitment to refund the penalty that we promised to pay.

Refund of penalty - I acknowledge whoever have signed representation agreements with us, it is our moral and fundamental responsibility to pay the penalty amount as committed. I have explained company's financial position to some who interacted with me on my personal email. I have taken up different practice lines and as soon as the company recovers financially, it is my promise in this forum that I will take personal responsibility to pay these penalty amounts. For everyone’s information, I have taken up Private Funding, Crowd Funding and Small Business Services assignment. With God’s mercy and thanks to the knowledge goddess, I could win a $500 Million Private Fund Assignment to structure a Global Agricultural Equity Fund. On this assignment I travel between Germany, Geneva, Madagascar, Ethiopia and Singapore. It is not I am operating like an underworld from Germany. I live in Manhattan, New York City. It is common for a person of my assignment to travel globally and I do so.

On discontinuance of tax business - I resigned a plum position from one of the US largest financial services company with a zeal to serve the Indian community on the tax planning gaps. This zeal started IBSN - We won corporate contracts not by showing higher refunds on the returns but by brainstorming with your HRs on the planning gaps that expats were/are missing on the files... I have personally walked into Infosys, WIPRO or any other company to convince a room of 8-10 top hr & accounts management what planning gap could be filled. It is the same practice that we represented with IRS at least on 300, 000 tax returns so far on which our audit profile is even with these many number postings on the forums is not more than 600 in number which is like 0.002%.
    The situation has changed after 2009. Under confidentiality, I do not wish to talk anything bad about anyone - but blame myself. I should not have taken this practice to such heights and become unmanageable. Greed is something that crops in everywhere – My greed was not to earn money but dream of employing 10, 000 accountants in India and become a recognized alternative to the ranks of big 5. But I realize today, it is not sufficient if this zeal is just within me but should run across an organization that attempted reaching that top. I failed to realize some knowledge resources that we tried pulling as the best talent will join me only with the intention to read through the model and the hype that IBSN created; I failed to realize that some of them take disguise and post negative comments to crack IBSN and take benefit of it. I failed to realize the most trusted elements and sources within top would breach trust. I am devastated equally to find that even I receive call from these sites asking if I would file taxes. To promote a company and to raise to the level that IBSN grew was not that easy. I raised resources from all my friends and associates and even employees to support the company to the best of my might. And today I am answerable to all of them. I lost few friends, purchased embarrassment and I should tell you I have become a victim of this greed filled. Adding to this, the financial deformation on account of US economic downturn and reversal of bank facilities pulled my blood and flesh. The loss in IBSN piled my tax payments and it started severely impacting. I am an accountant with 25 years of my precious life into it. But all my practice merit, knowledge and quality and the hard work that I put in, running my career path as a top ranker in Direct Tax laws paper to the milestone of establishing an alternate tax filing company for the like of big firms here, is vapours out. Unable to take this, I have limited tax filing to a manageable number of files that I can personally monitor. For a knowledge professional, websites are not needed. I have transparently put the tax application in a very advanced level but today that transparency killed IBSN as it become a knowledge resource for other flyby night operators. For practicing taxation, that too advanced lines such as cross country planning or SDIRA, I do not honestly need any website. Nor AICPA guidelines allow marketing in practicing merit.

My living – in Germany? I am living in this country for more than 20 years; I am not living in Germany or any other place. I have business interests in Geneva, Singapore, Germany and India and that does not mean I am an operator from Germany. - I hold my CPA certification, I am a qualified chartered accountant and have three kids and my wife to survive on me.

If god exists - I can swear on him, in this forum that my practice level and ethics were always to research and merit the planning optimization and I was never after money. This is what I have very passionately taught 100s of accounting professionals in India. We have introduced Non resident Indian Planning for $100, 2106 planning for $100 - $200 and SDIRA planning for $100 -$200 while the American CPA firms for the same planning charge not less $450. By far IBSN never charged in excess of guidelines that IRS prescribed.

Some of you writing in these forums might be of my son or daughter's age. I just request - please restrain from painful language and abuse. For no fault of mine, I have suffered beyond what I can afford. If you have any personal grievance, Please write to me on my personal email at iBSN: [email protected] or [email protected]

If you need to receive penalty amount from IBSN - Please drop in your details and I request time for making this payment until I progress back financially. If I am doing taxes - I am doing taxes for very old clients of us and for those who were with us until TY2011 year. As I moved back into financial services, we are doing this small number of files through SIRI Global Tax Services. Even that I have not started yet. I just extended personal help to few clients who approached me directly. None received any marketing note as of date. Even if I am planning, I am planning to write clearly explaining our crisis and seeking support in our tyranny.

I / We do NOT own any VALUES TAX or any website that mushroomed into the market of late under various names offering tax services. Most of the sites running today are onetime employees of IBSN. I am not mad at them. If today that learning IBSN offered is helping them gain a meaningful life, I have satisfaction my knowledge soul that never went back in transferring knowledge.

I do not wish to drag anything more than this.

I request to all - I am also a human being - when in suffering - please support. If everyone believes that God, I have not cheated anyone nor the company - we worked towards a better planning and optimization and those few dollars we earned as tax fees was for the effort we put in but we never shared any client's refund money nor resorted to any tall refund claims... We never charged clients without showing the tax summary - we never filed a tax return until client reviewed his return and offered confirmation to us to file. I do openly declare in the forum – I do need to return penalty amounts on the audit cases that we represented and gone disallowed. And I promise in this forum that I will direct payment of these amounts as soon as I am financial turning back.

After many months I am writing back on this forum and I felt it is essential for me to post this message in confirmation. I request one to write to me on my personal email and I will definitely respond back as I check my mails. Please morally support me in hard times and I promise all of my integrity and merit. On taxes front, I do not wish to market but if you find my explanation reasonably, ethical and with honesty, please continue to support me. I promise a very qualitative build back and I promise my 25 years of knowledge merit.

If you need that I should answer further or personally, I request an email to my personal email id: [email protected] Kindly leave me your phone and contact details. I will definitely respond back. I wont be accessing this forum.

Laxmi Palaypu

• Am
    Amit D Feb 04, 2013

I completely agree with all the complaints. They screwed my returns for last few !!! I had to acknowledge IRS myself that last year filing was mess and paid more than 15K :-(
    I tried reaching them some 100 times through mails etc but no response...
    NEVER Ever FILE TAX WITH IBSN !!!

• Si
    Siriworldusa Jan 23, 2013

Yes his guy lakshmi palyapu He is a fraud .. He even started a website siriworld.com.i paid money for gold I neither got my money or gold .. Now I search for website and its not there / down.. I paid in thousands n this guy won't pick up calls or reply emails .i waited for more than 4 months . He kept on postponing the date jam thinking to go to police

Suri8 Jan 19, 2013

I visited IBSN offices in Vijawada ( monitored the operations for 3 continous days )and they are never opened day/night . You can notice that the office is unattended for several months with cobwebs on the shutter and dirt. And now they shut down the website too. In one of the Complaints i read an email from Laxmi Paylepu that he is seriously considering to shut down his business. But this is another trap. He is preparing his ground work to cheat the next generation for the year 2013 under a new name . Most of you have already received the calls from the new company V_ _ _ _TAX which they claim to be operating from India. Most of you will receive the calls during second half of the US time zone .IBSN and its staff is prepared to cheat the public in multiple ways and Laxmi Palepu continues to run his operations from Germany .I think no US Taxes shoudl be filed by Indian Company .

suresh babu 123 Jan 17, 2013

Hi CapgeminiEmployee,

Please let me know the new name. You can either post it here or email me privately at [email protected] Please, this is an important issue for me.

Thanks in advance,
    Suresh T

• Ca
    CapgeminiEmployee Jan 16, 2013

Looks like IBSN has re-branded to some new name. I am skeptic as I have been contacted by a new company regarding filing of my tax retruns. And I am surprised how they know my name, email and even contact details.

suresh babu 123 Jan 12, 2013

Well, no word from Laxmi Palaypu!

Either he is completely gone out of business or he has started operating through a different company now. Let us wait and see.

suresh_T Dec 19, 2012

I am not able to contact IBSN.

All thier websites - ibsntax.com and ibsnus.com myibsn.com - are down.

Was the company really shut down by the IRS, as told by many of my friends?

• Sr
    sreereddy Dec 02, 2012

The worst tax service which IBSN provides, the backdrops as below mentioned
    - No proper customer support, they say 24/7 but they do not support single hour also
    - they work only 2-3 months like every year Jan-Apr hardly after that they will hide it completely
    - Crap company and poor support
    - No professions in the group
    - FAKE company
    - They do not respond you even though you try n number of times
    - They mention like 10-15 phone numbers in their website, but nothing works..be shameful on this being as a service provider but no phone will not work...again SHAMELESS...
    - No words to write on this company and the support they provide
    - even when I talk to few of the customer service providers, they also used to mention like do not go for IBSN they are not like real and no enough and proper support...
    - I WOULD REQUEST ALL PLEASE DO NOT GO FOR THIS COMPANY ever...

THANKS

• Ar
    Arjun84 Oct 26, 2012

Hello,
    I am sure you are all individuals with high net worth. You need to find a proper tax filing company who has valid certifications.
    IRS is very stringent about the US Citizens and residents. Also, there are becoming very strict about the off-shore funds.
    If you are in US just google it. if you are in India then you need to find a good and reputed firm they may charge more at-least you will be in compliance.
    I am an enrolled agent and work for a big four in India.
    Thanks.

Suri8 Oct 04, 2012

Mr Laxmi -
    IBSN cheats all its customers after collecting the Money . They run fake contact numbers and email addresses on their website http://myibsn.com/html/india-locations.asp. I have been trying to reach IBSN since April 2012 after i paid the money. So far no one responded to any of my calls or emails. Many of my friends in my office are close victims of IBSN . They have rasied a dispute with the Credit card dept for the transactiosn made through IBSN. I even sent my relatives to the Vijayawada branch office (IBSN INC Corportation, c/o. Sirimettric Expat Services Pvt Ltd, Dno:59-14-2A, 2nd floor, Santhi Plaza, Gayatri Nagar, near benz circle, Vijayawada -520008) but no one seldom cares to respond . I have been calling and mailing almost everyday to the given numbers on the page but i am only wasting money and time.
    Below is the India main office where they run fake contact numbers and email ids.
    IBSN India Ltd Global Process Center

Phone : [protected], [protected]
    [protected]

Email : [email protected]
    [email protected]

Mr. Laxmi- I bet if you can get hold of any of the Fake numbers you mentioned on your website works? I have lodged another Complaint in COnsumer Forum and Plannig to Visit Vijayawada and Hyderabd this October month end and i am planning to lodge a Cheating case against your company . I have 10 colleagues in my project who were victims of IBSN in clise vicinity . I will forward all the emails that i wrote to the fake id you mentioned on your website "[email protected]" to your personal id "[email protected] I will wait to hear from you to my personal id and in the mean time i will ask my colleagues to respond to this forum

• Ca
    CapgeminiEmployee Sep 28, 2012

To, Laxmi or any other representator of ISBN. Stop making false claims here and yes You are cheater. For all - these guys did wrong claimed for me. I have even proof (screenshot of IBSN portal) where I asked them this claim is incorrect. They didn't agreed and continued filing it. Now I received IRS audit notice. Same as above, after all the number unreachable, I sent numerous mails to all so called CPAs of IBSN. Finally they sent me a form to fill, which i did. After that nothing happened other than sending me fraudulent emails about representing my case. Finally I got statement from IRS and the due amount. I have paid to avoid any further complication. And Laxmi etc... don't defense your self.
    DO NOT TRUST IBSN. IF YOU ARE STILL - YOU ARE STUPID

• Ak
    Ak khan Sep 24, 2012

I'm also victim of IBSN fraud. I filed my tax returns through IBSN for 2010 financial year.IBSN prepared my tax returns and charged me $400 the fee for 4years representation. I received deficiency notice from IRS and contacted IBS to represent my case with IRS.They charged me $204 again and confirmed that they sent the revised tax preparation document to IRS.I called IRS representative to get the confirmation for the same and they said that nothing was received on behalf of me. I conveyed the same to IBSN and asked to refund the amount since my case was not represented. IBSN is not refunding my amount and not responding to my e-mails or phone calls. Guys, please keep away from IBSN. Laxmi, Ravi shakar all are lies and they act smart with mails. But nothing will be resolved. Don't waste your money and time.

• Al
    alavera Sep 20, 2012

ravi shanker is a stupid man

• Ra
    raajesh Jul 20, 2012

Totally agree with all the negative comments. Trying to get my IRS audit clarified, just no response.
    Its surprising how a serious business of tax filing is run like this.-rajesh

Sumanta1 Jul 16, 2012

I have been trying to contact IBSN for an audit I have got from a state filing in 2009. But even after multiple follow-up emails and 2 dozen phone calls, there is no response or attention to my request. What should I do ? It seems that this is a very common issue with IBSN.

• R0
    R0M3416 Jul 12, 2012

Guys
    Please join the google groups. If we are lazy to take a action and let IBSN to survive, there will many more victims in the coming years. Let's be responsible human beings and prevent this from happening to others. Please join the Google groups:

• Av
    Avidutta Jun 28, 2012

I also had to pay $300 deductible and then they never responded to my mails. I also had to pay the additional taxes to IRS and then sent numerous mails to IBSN to refund my 300$ back but no response from them. How are they running such a business in USA cheating so many people and I guess nobody is taking any action on them. I think everyone who has being cheated should run a campaign so that they never get a single client from next yr onwards.

• Kg
    KGirish Jun 15, 2012

Here I am another victim of fraud IBSN, I received an IRS audit letter from IRS and was asked to respond within 90 days but these guys whenever i called would keep me on hold for long and then say that someone from their team will give me a call. Finally after 90 days they told that they need $200 to pay for the attorney to represent the case which i sent. Even after that I got a second notice from IRS that the documents sent were inadequate, Since then I have been trying to get in touch with IBSN, but everything went in vain. Even the lady Laxmi Palaypu (Chief Knowledge Officer &
    Chief Business Architect) was copied in the emails but no one cared to even respond. Now since the last date is approaching I am planning on hiring an attorney and discuss how to go about this fraud company.

• Yn
    ynrao Jun 13, 2012

if you guys paid money using your credit card, dispute the transaction.

• So
    Sonu75 Jun 13, 2012

I completely agree with the comments as i am also a victim of IBSN. I have filed taxes with them for couple of time and as usual they promised to support in case IRS enquiry is there. I received IRS audit for 2010 tax return and tried to use IBSN to help me out here as they promised but ended up paying additional $200 on the name of deductible that they claim is an insurance cover IBSN has for these cases and then they never represented my case to IRS. I had to write them multiple emails to get the documents to IRS agent, talked to IRS agent and finally IRS asked me to refund the taxes claimed earlier but the saving grace was no penalties were imposed by agent after he personally talked to me multiple times and realized that i was just not made aware of the tax laws by IBSN. Now, IBSN is sitting on the tax preparer fee that they promised to refund to me if IRS asked to refund the taxes. I have sent countless emails and remainder but they are still processing the reversal...this is by far the worst company i have dealt with in my entire life. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE PAIN - DO NOT FILE TAXES WITH IBSN - THEY WILL MISLEAD YOU AND SUCK UP YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS. I WISH SOMEBODY TAKES THEM TO COURT AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

• Pr
    prashant roy Jun 04, 2012

not trustworthy at all.

please do not file with this company. this is totally ### company.
    they will not response you when you get any IRS audit.
    because of their wrong filing you may need to pay big fines. i paid 6000 penalty.

• Ba
    badri1 May 30, 2012

The URL is http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0, , id=205878, 00.html

• Ba
    badri1 May 30, 2012

I dont know how many of you are already aware. But, we can raise complaints to IRS against the Tax Preparer. Complete the Form 14157 and sent it to
    Internal Revenue Service
    Attn: Return Preparer Office
    1122 Town & Country Commons
    Chesterfield, MO [protected]
    More details on the URL : http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0, , id=205878, 00.html

Sam198455 May 19, 2012

A class action suit is when a group of people collectively bring a large group of people to court, this is also cost effective for everyone. It seems as if there are enough people out there this company has screwed over to accomplish this. There are a few things you should do. The IRS informed me that all of us who this has happened to need to go to IRS.gov and fill out the form 3949-A to report the fraud, so the IRS can investigate them further. They claim if enough complaints come in then it will force the government to take action and shut them down in the U.S. Then the abusive corporate tax office to start an investigation with them also, the numbers are [protected] and [protected]. I also reported it to the Better Business Bureau of Investigation as you should too. You can easily google the BBB and file the complaint online. Also I investigated the person who has been responding on the complaint forum and found out from the Illinois Board of CPA Examiners complaint enforcement division this person is Laximi P.Palaypu and is licensed as a CPA whose license number is [protected] and because they believe this person is an owner that we should also file a complaint with them to start an investigation to pull this persons license so they can no long operate a business. The office number for them is [protected] and [protected] and the site where you fill out the complaint is www.idfpr.com. Go to the left hand side click on professional regulation, then on the right click file a complaint, then on the bottom click file the complaint by email. It is shocking to me how many people they have done this too. I have just been audited for $11, 000 and IBSN has done nothing to fix their errors. I was able to fix the errors myself and come out of it owing nothing but for the ones who can’t I suggest you do something about it.

Niranjan190 May 07, 2012

If they can't serve well, better close the shop instead of cheating.

Niranjan190 May 07, 2012

IBSN = FRAUD and FRAUD = IBSN...

Niranjan190 May 07, 2012

such a horrible service by ibsn.
    i would have made 100's of calls to them. I ended up paying twice the amount and they wouldn't refund.
    every time I make a call, someone would pick up and don't know whats going on.. Horrible pathetic, miserable.

Niranjan190 May 07, 2012

IBSN = FRAUD, FRAUD = IBSN...
    FRAUDSTER ISBN - FRAUDSTER ISBN - FRAUDSTER ISBN
    WORST- PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE
    NEVER REPLY TO EMAILS
    RARELY ATTEND THE CALLS AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING
    CALLED MULTIPLE TIMES. FRUSTRATED WITH THEM.

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD .. NEVER DEAL WITH THEM.
    I WONDER HOW THEY ARE SURVIVING IN THE INDUSTRY

Lalatendu May 05, 2012

I am dealing with the same Issue and have an Audit notice from IRS. These guys are just cheaters and now they are not responding to me at all. However, a good thing I learned is you can directly work with IRS to resolve the issue. I called IRS yesterday and told them everything and the agent asked me to provide me all the information and told me that he will have it fixed. So, I gave him all the missing income over phone that IBSN didn't put in my return and am also going to Fax the supporting documents to him.

I will keep you posted as it goes. But, I am feeling bit relaxed that someone is listening to me and will keep my fingers crossed. I am hoping to see the sun rise in the east once again...

• Aj
    Aj19 May 05, 2012

I have been also duped by IBSN, trying to reach out for two IRS notices since feb 2012 and its already may 2012. No sign of concerns, I sent power of attorney in Feb itself. Sent Lease document along with other requested documents in first week of march but still no response. I wonder if they don't want to take up representation, then why dont they say upfront.

Its big time fraud. First they claim all wrong deductions. Then for IRS notice representation ask for another $200 to cover deductible for Penalty insurance coverage. All in all, they first dupe client and then insurance company. Company which is underwriting their frivolous professional mistakes should sue IBSN.

Lalatendu May 03, 2012

I just created a Google group for all of us to get together and fight against this fraudulent company.
    Group name IBSN victims

Lalatendu May 03, 2012

Here goes another victim. They have made several mistakes in my tax return and now I am getting an Audit from IRS. When I called these guys they asked me to send all the documents to an email address and now they are not taking any call. I have been trying to get hold of them but no luck. Very frustrating. Any advise?