First Priority PayPayroll Fraud

S Review updated:

Same thing happened with us...Priority Pay owes my company well over $700 that they collected from my payroll account but never paid the EDD or the IRS on our behalf. Instead, they KEPT it! I had to pay this amount on my own to the state and IRS...AGAIN...and have been 100% ignored by Priority Pay. You can never speak to a "human". They just connect you to voicemail and you never get a call back, even after repeated calls.

After a little more research online today, I found that two of their employees were just charged with embezzling $585, 000, and the president of the company (Jerry Carter - the one who never calls you back) was just arrested, as well. Here is a link on that: http://www.nj.com/mobile/articles/paper1.ssf?/base/news-2/126414516374640.xml&coll=3

Anyone else thought about getting together on a class-action on these guys or anything? Otherwise, I see no way of ever getting back the money they stole from us.

Abdul C May 26, 2019

I had no idea First Priority Payroll was a scam company. I seriously thought the Georgia Department of Revenue and IRS had accounting issues, but I see that this Company withdrew the withholdings from my Company's account and didn't forward it to them. This is unreal, but so helpful. I have filed an Appeal with the State and t his information should help my case. I just saw that they filed Bankruptcy and anyone with a Claim can contact them. I will be doing that now. This is truly unbelievable. Now I know why their processing rates were so cheap, they was making money from stealing from everyone each pay period.

victimized2 Feb 09, 2012

Sad thing is priority pay's owner filed bankrupcy. He even didnt file his own taxes and is in trouble with IRS. I went to court for how he treated me as an employee and he never showed am waiting more than 2 years for justice. the man is a monster and those who stole are not too far behind him .. I am sorry how you or anyone has suffered. I am waiting for justice to happen for me.! joy

• Ag
    agm2468 Feb 09, 2012

I also was a victim and had over 20, 000 taken from me, not paid to the IRS, and kept by Priority Payroll. My email is [email protected] if anyone recovers funds from Priority Payroll and knows how to go about getting my money back, please email me.

• Ji
    jimmad as hell Jul 30, 2011

May this CSucker rot in hell. His company took over $40, 000 in pay roll taxes from my small business and stole it.

• Er
    Eric K. Jun 28, 2011

My company has been scammed out of $24, 000 to the IRS. Although FPP filed BK, the owner and / or the person in charge of making sure the taxes were paid cannot get out from under the claim personally as they have trustee liability. Are there any attorneys out there taking these cases?

• Pa
    papanj Apr 04, 2011

this guy is a serious piece of sh-t he is now operating under another business name and doing the same thing I worked for him for about 2 partial wks. I did get paid first 2 days and i am now owed 3 days plus a day i wasted sitting at job location for him to come with key to property for me to go in get my tools and also for him to pay me what he owed me and when I spoke with him on phone he said oh I forgot the key at my house honestly it will take me at least 2 hrs to do this if not come back at 12 and i will cash and key. Well long story short never happened he did give me a chk which could not be cashed then gave me $100 and was suppose to get 2 more in few hrs which never happened gave him till today to meet me at owners house so I can get my tools and for Jerry Carter to pay me but when I got there called Jerry and He said would be there in 1/2 hour he was on his way. So I went to door and asked owner if I could go get my tools and he said no, that no one was allowed on his property until Jerry Carter came with correct paper work and receipts. I explain that I too was ripped off of some money and was looking for him too. So now on top of being ripped off of my money in labor in did, owner will not let me get my personal tools, the tools I use to make a living.

• Wh
    whatever123 Apr 04, 2011

He changed the name of the remodeling company to Premier remodeling and is going by the name Jerimiah Carter

victimized2 Mar 21, 2011

I hope this time they dont let him go.. he should have been put away the first time..when people close their eyes and let the bad people go ..more bad things happen.. i have suffered so much because of him and continue to do so.. lost so much .. evidence that pointed out how ugly he was never was taken into account.. seeems the poor lady from wv was not the only one naive..the law let him back out to hurt more people!

the-avenger Mar 21, 2011

Jerry Carters address and personal phone posted 5 days ago by the New Jersey Dragon is correct!
    Carter was running another racket called Personal Touch Home remodeling based in Woodbridge NJ. We tried locating him for weeks after he pocketed our deposit and his company disappeared. The Dragon's posting helped us find him ( deposit still not recovered). If you are trying to locate him his correct address and personal phone were posted on this board by the New Jersey Dragon 5 days ago .

victimized2 Mar 15, 2011

that is not his cell or his address

• Ur
    urked Mar 15, 2011

See this link:

Class Action suit will do no good since the guy is locked up.

The NJ Dragon Mar 15, 2011

Jerry Carter's HOME address
    34 Drost Lane
    Hillsborough, NJ 08844
    personal Cell
    [protected]

victimized2 Jan 13, 2011

NJBiz.com states that clients claims for First Priority Fraud is 15 million dollars. If anyone wants the whole article emailed. contact me by clicking profile and I will email to you . Something has to be done to stop the injustice done to so many former FIrst Priority Pay customers. IF you want your voices heard hit the media... call your attorney generals..Ask that your rights be honored. It's obvious that the former owner is trying to shirk his responsability ..ask for justice..dear former clients of First Priority Pay..don't let this injustice done you remain without action.. Write your newspapers. Call your congressman.. do what you have to.. Go on tv!

Abdul C May 26, 2019

@victimized2 Greetings, please send me this article if you have it.

• To
    touchedbygod Jan 03, 2011

Jerry carters newest company phone is:
    Personal Touch Home Remodeling

280 Woodbridge Ave, Woodbridge, NJ

601 US Route 206 Suite 26-326, Hillsborough, NJ 08844

Email: [email protected]

Phone: [protected]
    Fax: [protected]

• Sr
    srinibora Dec 07, 2010

I Have been going through this from Sep onwards with IRS. My Principal amount was some where around 53K and my penalties were around 32K. I paid the original amount but they still sent me the Levy notice for 32k and i paid that again. There are couple of reason for telling this reason. 1. 941 is the highest priority for IRS because it is a double dip and it is your responsibility to make sure that the taxes are filed properly or not even though you delegate it. If this is case i don't know why govt allow the payroll companies to exits without letting us know the caveat. 2) Just closing does not help you IRS Will come after your personal assets to collect there taxes. IRS will be haunting you forever. Pretty unfair conclusion. Best thing talk with IRS And get into a payment plan and resolve it. Closing your business is not the option.

• Jf
    JF1513 Dec 07, 2010

Our company is in a similar situation to others. We owe somewhere around $32, 000 (!!!) dollars because FPP didn't pay the IRS, and what do you know...they came calling this week wondering where the hell their money was. This is devastating to our business and could force us to close, seeing how that sort of money doesn't just grow on trees.

• Am
    American Vet Nov 26, 2010

Jerry is back to screwing people over. His new company is Personal Touch Home Remodeling INC (not LLC). Address is 282 Woodbridge Ave, Woodbridge NJ.

• Da
    David Allaire Oct 04, 2010

I would urge all First Priority Payroll victims to call Special Agent Eric Rennert. He is a criminal investigator for the IRS. Call and give him the details about your situation. His phone number is [protected]. Let's get these crooks in jail.

• Au
    Augusto Polo Oct 01, 2010

I have a small business and just found out that First Priority did not pay EDD nor IRS taxes last year!!! This is so messed up. Can anyone give me info as to how to file a claim against these people? Is there a class action suit being prepared? I want in on this. Please email me with any information. Thank you.

[email protected]

• Da
    David Allaire Sep 16, 2010

I recently found out the FPP screwed (excuse my french) me too. Come to find out I owe the IRS and the State of RI approximately $20, 000. If anyone has any information about filing a claim could you please post it here. Has anyone had any luck filing a claim? If anyone would like to talk and "vent" about their situation, my number is [protected]

Mark Davidson Sep 14, 2010

I am in the same boat. Though i had heard of earlier non-filings, I thought we had it all take care of and only had to pay $350.
    Now I find that we owe $3400 on a 941.
    The filing deadline for claims was July 7, 2010 so I need to get info on making a claim because the IRS said we were OK when we inquired only now tell us that the amount is due.

• Br
    Brush Salon Sep 13, 2010

I gues I am late to the party. I just became aware that FPP did the same thing to us. I just received two letters from the St of NJ and the IRS regarding missing filings and no deposits for the 4th Qtr of 2009. We owe app $12, 000 to these agencies plus accrued interest and penalties. I am interested and willing to join parties with all other victims and go after them. Please contact me at [email protected]me.com and let me know what you need from me to get started.

• Rp
    rpdoug Sep 09, 2010

Hi- I run a non-profit organization in CT and we we're also victims. I never got a letter from the lawyers involved, First Priority Pay, or the IRS. It wasn't until we filed our annual return that we found the discrepancy. Does anyone have any contact information or was there ever a class-actin lawsuit against the company. Any information would be helpful!! Thanks, Rich [email protected]

Abdul C May 26, 2019

@rpdoug You can file a bankruptcy claim with the State of New Jersey. I just found out that I am not the only one that this company scammed.

• Sr
    srinibora Sep 08, 2010

Hi,
    I am also another victim of FPP for $56000, they were taking money from our account since May of 2008 and never paid a dime to IRS. I was not aware of this at all. my email id is [email protected]

• Ct
    ctp_consult Aug 10, 2010

I am also a victim to this mess. I have had to pay the IRS the taxes not paid and fees and penalties. I paid to keep the amount from growing. I have been trying to work with the IRS to get the penalties waived. I received the denial letter and now have to work through the appeals process. Has anyone had any luck with getting the IRS to waive the extra fees? It is bad enough we have to pay the taxes twice. Why penalize us further?

• Gm
    gmayocum Jul 26, 2010

We too are victims. My company (about $16, 000) and my husband's (about $12, 000). We have the exact same story as everyone else. Let us know how to help! My email is [email protected]

victimized2 May 24, 2010

Jerry Carter now has a Cleaning Company in Providence New Jersey.

Is advertising that is has over 15 years of service.

The cleaning company is called Anago.

So from FIrst Priority Pay to Carter and Consultants to a cleaning company

• Fo
    fountain May 12, 2010

jerry carter is a thief

• Fo
    fountain May 12, 2010

Jerry carter is a thief Bob

• Sh
    shcrh May 12, 2010

Priority Pay Payroll company embezzled over $200, 000.00 from our bank account and didn't pay the IRS and EDD. We are liable for this amount plus penalties and interest. Jerry Carter was aware the money was taken from our account and the IRS and EDD were not getting paid. It started the last part of the 2nd qtr, 3rd qtr and 4th qtr of 2009. They purposely didn't file a 3rd qtr return to stall time. By the time we received a statement from the IRS and the EDD the damage was already done. As someone else commented, they gave us the run around stating there were some mix ups and they were making the payments and sent us copies of the payments submitted, but said it would take 4-6 weeks to post. Certainly we wanted to believe that was true. By the time there gig was up they had already sold our account to ADP.The checks they sent all bounced multiple times. Jerry's mom was our account processor and she was in on it as well. Judith and Randy Bergman in the tax dept. stated Jerry didn't put money in the account to cover the checks therefore they kept bouncing. The whole thing was a Ponsi scheme. Based on the time line of communication between our company and Jerry Carter and his staff it proves he had first hand knowledge that they were taking money from company accounts and not paying the proper agencies but yet continued to do so while misleading people and stalling time to continue his scam and enable him to hide the money then file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy protection.

Abdul C May 26, 2019

@shcrh Oh my goodness. I can not believe this. First Priority Payroll, Inc. did the same thing to me. I have been assessed tax liens for unpaid taxes that were never forwarded to the IRS and Georgia Department of Revenue. This is unreal.

My email address is [email protected]

• Jc
    jcarterhater Apr 26, 2010

HE IS WHAT EVERYBODY IS SAYING...A THIEF!! I USE TO WORK WITH HIM. HE PROMISED ALOT OF THINGS FOR US AND NEVER EVER DELIVERED. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING SHADY GOING ON WITH HIM. I NOW HEAR HE JUST STARTED A CLEANING SERVICE SO WATCH OUT FOR THAT. HE'S A LOSER AS A BUSINESS MAN AND A LOSER AS A PERSON!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

• Gr
    Greg Vacek Apr 13, 2010

We should file a civil suit

• Ke
    kegconnection Apr 12, 2010

We had over $10, 000 in payroll taxes stolen. Does anyone have any specifics about the backruptcy? Where it was filed and who we need to contact to file a claim? I am going to go to some of he links that you have included in your emails and see what people are doing. Thanks for the info.

THFLR Apr 12, 2010

Hi everyone I'm A victim too..
    I'm and was ready to hire a law firm to take us to the next step in New Jersey but I heard that FPP filed for bankruptcy .
    I guess there is nothing now we could do by filing a suite against FPP but how about civil suite against the owner of FPP. DID anyone explored this avenue ??
    Please let me now your thoughts [email protected]

• Fp
    FPP Vicitm Apr 08, 2010

Kelly Chieffe,

Please share your emailID, There are bunch of us here being victims of FPP. Together we can file a law suit.

• Fp
    FPP Vicitm Apr 08, 2010

Vijay,

If you want to join the FPP Vicitm' s group, share your email ID.

Vijay Y Apr 06, 2010

I am also victim of FPP. They stole more than 7K of our payroll withholdings. Today I received email from Jerry Carter saying that FPP filed bankruptcy. Mean while, I have to pay heavy penalties for not paying taxes.
    Thanks for information about Turk. I will send email to him.

• Pa
    paygone Apr 06, 2010

I was also victimized by FPP and Jerry Carter (stole aprox 12K of our payroll witholdings). I have contacted state, local, FBI and Secret Service. If you are a victim of FPP you must contact the Secret Service. Agent Brian Turk is working on the case and is requesting anyone whow has had stolen funds from First Priority Pay or Jerry Carter via payroll services contact him. Agent Turk's direct line is [protected] his e-mail is [email protected]

Another Victim Of FPP Apr 06, 2010

Check this link out.

• So
    SouthlandEquine Apr 06, 2010

There is a Google Groups victims board you can join where everyone is getting together at: http://groups.google.com/group/first-priority-pay-scam-victims?hl=en