Dr Jeffrey SpiegelFacial Plastic Surgery

S

Dr Spiegel turned my straight nose into a lopsided mess which my kids refer to as a clown's nose. He also vandalized my beautiful eyes with a double blepheroplasty leaving me with lagapthalmus (too little upper eyelid skin to close) severe scarring top and bottom, a cadaveric sunken look about my eyes, very bad ptosis and lots and lots of pain with severe dry eyes, corneal scarring and blurred vision. I can't close my eyes or blink now and also can't cry. Dr Spiegel lied to induce me into signing for procedures that he mis-described to me both regarding their nature and reason for undergoing them. To induce me to undergo rhinoplasty (which I was marginally interested in) he told me a test he sent me on indicated I suffered sleep apnea (a lie) and so I would anyway need to undergo septoplasty. He also told me he would perform an eyelid procedure to cure my mild ptosis, but never told me it was blephoroplasty. I first saw the word blephoraplasty on the consent form and it mean nothing to me. The operation he described to me was ptosis repair which would have been correct. Dr Spiegel did none of the normal pre-op testing on me and his notes are scanty and mostly fictitious. I am currently litigating my claim against him.

• Br
    Brina Healy Apr 27, 2019

So sorry. I had no idea of his issues...

• Me
    MegganS Jan 11, 2015

I'm so sorry for your troubles ladies. Dr Spiegel lied to me about what he would be performing also. He didn't perform 7 of the things I paid for. If you need tome one else to testify to his shortness of character I would far more than ecstatic to do so, [email protected] Best wishes.

• Mj
    M. June Goldenblatt Apr 16, 2014

My issues are similar and I am considering taking legal action as well. The pain for over a year makes the energy needed tough but this is my plan. I have mostly spent this year researching and getting diagnosis and solutions. I hope this patient gets some positive resolve and help. She is not alone and all this bull about neuropathy happening rarely must stop. Everyone who chooses to undergo plastic surgery should be informed of all possibilities just like we hear on tv commercials for drugs. Thanks. June