Wells Fargo Mortgage

Posted:

loan refinance

4.25
Wells Fargo
I currently have a mortgage on my home with Wells Fargo. I asked about refinancing to a lower rate and they said they would. After paying them for an appraisal and their fees, they have done nothing but find lame excuses to delay and deny refinancing a loan I already have with them. They've lost paperwork, ordered appraisals and canceled them and the loan processor has no idea of who or why appraisals were cancelled. They are either entirely incompetent or deliberately not refinancing loans. BTW, my loan balance is roughly 25% of the appraised value of the home and my wife and I have excelect credit scores.
Stay away from Wells Fargo!
Complaint comments Comments (307) Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans

Comments

8th of Sep, 2006 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo Bank - They don't give a damn about their customers

I find it incredulous that Wells Fargo Bank doesn’t seem to give a damn about their customers. On a number of occasions, I have send emails to their “Contact Us” POC, as instructed on their website, only to not receive any answers at all, or, sometimes nonsensical answers that are probably “canned” responses that the agents read from scripts. Unfortunately, when you ask a question or have a problem that isn’t on their scripts, they have to “choose” a response anyway, even if it is not “on point”.

Further, I have written two letters to their Headquarters location, addressed to the Office of the President, since they have no customer service POC for written complaints or problems, nor do they have a Quality or Customer Service Advocate – Incredible!! Both of these letters have been unanswered and my questions and problems are still not addressed.

This week, I sent another email message asking a straightforward question about a possible mistake on my online bank statement, only to receive an email reply asking me to call customer service for help. What the hell is this? Why provide online service if you cannot handle things online?

I find Wells Fargo Bank to be incompetent and unabashed in their advertising when they talk about superior customer service.
 18th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes
When was Wells Fargo supposed to start 'caring'?

The Business of America is Business ... and sometimes the 'cost' of doing business is entirely acceptable. ENRON was the tip of the iceberg. Not much has changed --- low risk, high return egregious business practices still prevail.

For every outrageous fact requiring judicial affirmation http://www.blog.socalcreditdamage.com/?p=39 ... how many hundreds of thousands of people either cannot or will not pursue a similar outcome with similar facts or issues?

How many people even realize that their credit and/or payment records have been either purposefully misreported?
 27th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo Auto Finance - Beware and stay clear

If you need any sort of help when you fall on hard times this is not the company to deal with. I called because I knew there was some money owed ut certainly not the amount they hit me with. I was trying to the honest and upfront thing and the verbal abuse that I received from the collection department was unwarranted but very silly. I tried to be very calm at the beginning of the beginning of this craziness but lost it, then decided to let the woman I was speaking to finish her tyrade. She accused me of not listening when in fact it was she who was hearing what she wanted to hear, and to top it off she then hung on me, but only after telling me that she was not customer service she was collections. In short DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AT ALL!!! I cannot stress that enough.
 29th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo - Loan changed back to dealer

Purchased 2005 kia in jan 2007 was supposed to been with co-signer dealership processed loan in co-signer and spouses name only 7 payments made. Letter received from wells fargo saying thanks for final payment?? One week later dealership calls and tells me to make payments to them and needs to be paid this month and wasnt due till september. What a mess and i dont want to mess up party that was willing to co sign even tho it wasnt done that way/ i pay for the payments, i have the car and i pay the insurance and i really dont want to deal with dealership agai as they lied the first round and shuffled paper on buyer part. Who do i contact and how to resolve i am at a loss and was doing this to rebuild credit but dealer prevented that and did lot of fast jumbo talk. I also had insurance issue but belie got they straightened out with fargo when i had my ins call them 6 mo later and they were notified at beginning at put on another acct but they credited that back??? E mail me if you have any advice
 29th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
The opening sentence says it all. You fell behind, did not "catch up" and now the vehicle is being reposed. More than you thought was owed? In repossession, YOU pay for all fees required to take over the car. If you want it back YOU have to pay all those fees on top of paying off the vehicle. If you had gone to the finance company BEFORE things got out of hand they may have worked with you. You also have to remember; you signed a contract spelling out what will happen if you make payments on time and what will happen if you do not. They are only abiding to that contract, maybe you should do the same.
 9th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
I asked to get a defer payment for one month. I have not been late nor have missed payment for a year and a half as long as i owned my vehicle. I called wells fargo and spoke to one of their reps who took the information and at this time I thought the deferral was in place. after that I received 7 phone calls from them about not receiving a payment out of the 7 phone calls 6 none of them knew nothing of a deferral payment. On the 7th phone call the rep told me the deferral had not been given BECAUSE the initial person screwed up and missed some information she was supposed to get and then hung up on me.my question is why did not out of 6 people did not one person tell me this.what kind of company does this kind of harassment to their customers in good standing when you all are all looking at the same information and why harass me with 7 phone call for your screw up. This makes a company look bad and I will never deal with wells fargo again.

allen w randall.
 15th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo - Loan Rip-Off

My wife needed eye surgery. We were offered an interest free loan from Wells Fargo to pay for the surgery. They set up the payments and sent us a monthly statement. We were told as long as we made all our payments over the 2 years of the loan. The loan would be interest free. We never missed a payment. However as we approached the end of the 2 year loan we were told the 2 years are up and we owe $956 dollars in finance charges. They obviously set up the loan to run just short enough as to cause the finance charges to kick in. I have tried repeatedly to reach someone in their corporate office to voice my dis-belief in their practices. Of course their flunky alleged supervisors will not release any numbers to the public. If anyone out there has a number for their corporate office I would appreciate if you would send it along. This company needs to INVESTIGATED!
 15th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
What do your loan papers say. Maybe you ought to read and understand that first.
 15th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo Bank - Overdraft charges
Wells Fargo Bank
Irvine
California

I use Wells Fargo's Bill Pay services and have my bills setup for scheduled and budgeted payments. I also have a savings account tied to my checking account where I keep some savings on hand.
We paid a tax bill and it hit the account before I transferred funds over, triggering my account and throwing it into an OVERDRAFT situation. The first time in my life. The same day, 4 items were paid from my scheduled Bil Pay "service" without funds being available. The Bank charged $34.00 per item creating an even deeper OVERDRAFT problem and the next day. Unaware that no funds were available, my husband was able to withdraw $200 from the ATM without any notice of the overdraft situation, and on and on. In a two day period, I was charged $306.00 in overdraft fees.
I do not remember authorizing the Bank to put my account in an overdraft situation. If no funds are available, then they should not allow the transaction. Ssurely technology is available to stop a payment /cash from being transferred.
 25th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo Financial - General complaint!
Wells Fargo Financial
Redondo Beach
California

My mother and I purchased two vehicles via our mechanic and WFF was the lender. One Christmas we needed money and was offered a refinance. After all the money we have paid into the vehicles, at a high interest rate, we only got $1000. Then when I purchased a car for my daughter they again, looking for business, asked about refinancing her car. I could get as much as $1500 out. I said okay. But then the rep called back she said she could only get me $900. I told her never mind and that's when she told me that it was too late, she had put through all the paperwork and had caused the loan to be refinanced and paid off. I was furious, I told her. Although I had agreed to the refinance, no one had contacted me about the details and I did not give the okay to refinance to receive that little amount. Then in 2002, my ex husband was injured on the job and for the past 5 years (until February 2007), he was unable to work. Thus, I received no child support and had to place our children on my medical insurance. I suffered a loss of over $800 a month and was behind in my car note in or about 2005. For more than two years WFF harassed me night and day with their incessant phone calls. When we did answer the phone, half the time no one said anything. I sent letters keeping them apprised of my situation and called them often. They rarely noted my file as they said they would. In October 2007, they repossessed my cars - 7 months before the payoff date, knowing that they could probably sell the cars and receive a better value for them. I had to borrow the money from my boss who then scolded me for not asking earlier for the money. I had to place a stop payment on the last check for $900 I had sent them. When I did that, I received a check from WFF to reimburse me for the $900. When I called them to find out how to return the check, they refused to take it back saying I was owed the money. I returned the check and then got that check back and another one. Then I spoke to a rep who said to deposit the checks. When I did, they had placed a stop payment on one (which cost me $20) and then after two months of trying to return the first check, I get a call saying I was behind by $1720.56, which was the amount of my note plus the $900. I informed me that I had mailed the note which they should have received and I explained to the rep about the $900. She then transferred me to somebody else. By the end of the call, I had spoken to 4 people of which only 1 knew what had happened. Of course, I got the usual, we will note to your file, but they hadn't. I told them that I bank with a credit union (Honda) and the credit union was on holiday hours and I could not get into to get a cashier's check until the January 2. I got the check January 3 and mailed it. Between the holidays and mid February, I was harassed about the check which they received January 8 and cashed January 9. No one could find a record of the check being received. And to top it off, they charged for late fees for a mistake they made which I tried to straighten out. Finally when it was straightened out and they reversed the late fees, I was told me not to complain by the rep who had reversed the fees when I asked why I was charged anyway for a mistake they made. I should be happy that she was doing me this favor.

For two years they did nothing, until a few months before the scheduled payoff date. Ironically, I had coordinated my bills so that I would have finally brought the account current by December 2007.

They scammed me on the refinancing, their representatives were rude, they harassed and harassed continually. When my car is finally paid in full in May 2008, I will never ever do business again with Wells Fargo or Wells Fargo Financial. Amazing how they want your business and as soon as you hit a financial bind you are treated as though you are a criminal. I wasn't avoiding payment of my bill. I was suffering a hardship and no matter how many times I explained that to them, they faked the sympathy and understanding and continued to harass me.
 31st of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

My account - Bill payer
consumer trust financial inc.
Alabama

i had some money come out of my account that was not authorized and did not approve anyone to take any money out of my account so if you would tell me what i need to do . thank you
 31st of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Call your bank and explain the issue. They should be able to do an investigatio on the amount in question. Hopefully, if they are good at what they do, they will refund you money. Remeber that there are scams out there, taking little bits of money at one time, so most don't notice the charges.
 3rd of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo - Disaster
www.wellsfargo.com

I have an adjustable mortgage. The value of my home has dropped 27% based on comparable properties in my tract. Wells Fargo/ASC has claimed to work with me but they just yank your chain. My rate is now at 9.95% and we cannot continue to do this. It seems to me that with all the losses the banks should be willing to work with homeowners, adjust their rate and market value and get them back on the right track, instead of ripping their houses out from under them. My credit used to be above average and now I have less than 500. This doesn't just affect me, it has affected my marriage and my 13 year old twins. Where are the answers?? And yes, I have to file bankruptcy.
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo - Overcharged!
Mission Viejo
www.wellsfargo.com

I was being overdrawn by passing a check from my account for my house rent. While i was being overdrawn they have charge me $34 for each transaction i have completed with my atm. The total overdraft fees is over $700! So this week i found out that have lost my income tax return and my whole week paycheck is being used to cover up the overdraft.they have charge $34 for even $0.99. I need to find what i can do for this problem. I contacted a personal banker but he said to me that those fees are non refundable. I know those are refundable coz they have authority to do that.i think this is very dishonest and disrespectful for account holders. In my case i was just being 6 months in usa and i am under 21 so i have to pay like $60 for income tax every week and i currently have one job and i am helping my family a lot!
 17th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

5th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
they are crooks! I am trying to follow through on a plan of action.
and if more people e mail I will explain
 1st of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wells Fargo - Charged $700 interest on $98 fee
WELLS FARGO
Seattle, WA
720 3rd Ave, Ste 100
Washington

I opened an 18 month no interest payment plan with Wells Fargo when I got eye surgery. Everything went smoothly and for 17 months I had been paying it off. The last month - January -, I never received a statement (I had about $90 left to pay off of $3000), but I received a $600 statement in February. I called to inquire about it and I was told the account is paid off and I can just ignore it. I kept receiving higher and higher amounts every month so I called again in May. I was told there is one more payment of $98 and because it wasn't made in time I am now charged interest on the entire amount. I tried to explain that I never received a statement to no avail. I called again in June and I was told they have no record of me calling them, on the contrary they called me a year and a half before and that is the last time we had been in contact. Of course, they also stated they refuse to waive any fees. I asked to speak to a manager, and after I was on hold about 10 minutes, a manager came on the line who clearly knew what was going on from the customer service department. He was rude and told me billing statemnts are a COURTESY, I should know what my balance is and pay it off. He also told me they have no record of me calling in and I must have been calling the wrong number.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I would file those compaints WITH THE Federal Government. I used to work for WFF, they just closed 2 branches down this week..You have to go public get with your local news and place a complaint with the Federal since WFF is being investigated, If more people come forward with what has been done to them...
 19th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
So the next time Wells Fargo should pay some of your bills, they should just reject those payments and cause them to be late.

I do agree with the taking out $200 with out the funds being there, they should just have left him standing there at the ATM with a rejected ATM card.

I believe the banks thinking is that if you need the money we will give it to you, even if you don't have it, kinda like taking out a small loan at $34 per loan.
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Recently we were hit by Hurricane Ike. As alot of people know. Those of us that live on the South Texas Coast as well as inland were hit hard. I have paid my mortgage on time every month since we financed our home. My loan was bought by wells Fargo and now that we need help, They are unwilling. There idea of help is not reporting you to the credit reporting agency if we dont make one note until December, even after we were declared a disaster area by the president. Whats wrong with this company? Is the CEO of this company so greedy that they believe that giving 120, 000 to the red cross will help us? how shallow does a person have to be? If you are considering financing a home. Do NOT consider Wells Fargo. If they are trying to buy your loan and you get wind of it. Refinance right then. These people are nothing more that common criminals looking to steal your money and property by any legal means possible. That's just my opinion by experience.

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo