logo

pnc mortgage
Harassment
4. (19 mins ago)
Majic Window
Horrible treatment with their employees!
5. (23 mins ago)

Straight Talk Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Walter

Poor customer service

Straight Talk
I purchased an approved phone from Wal Mart and activated my service. Part of the plan is browser service. I was never able to access my browser and after repeated calls to their customer service department, and after requesting a new phone, which was initially approved I was told everything would be forwarded to the corporate office. I have been left hanging with no answer from the corporate office. This is unacceptable.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Aug, 2009 by   Straight Talk 0 Votes
My phone was ported immdiatedly from ATT to Striaght Talk but after buying calling service card which once i start to activate found out they were use, straight talk did nothing, i called and called, for days finally i requested my phone to be ported back to my original provider ATT who I always been happy with, I was 10 days without phone and they gave the were impossible to work with ATT once ATT ask them to port my number, it took forever.

It's a shame don't ever by straight talk it's a bad move keep your reputable providers! P
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   billi 0 Votes

number - Straight Talk

when i needed to transfer my old number they was no help .
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   Darryl2172 0 Votes
This company is just sad, great plan, but they cant activate there own phones, I cant beleive big names like Walmart and Verizon got mixed up with this company, I plan to complain to everyone that will listen
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   JasonColerain 0 Votes
I can't even get them to send me the phone correctly. They screwed up my address, so the phone is being shipped to the wrong place.

What's worse is that they refused to change it before it arrived to my house. Even FedEx said that it would make the change if Straight Talk agreed, but I could not get Straight Talk to call FedEx.

It also didn't help that Straight Talk's reps knew little English.

If you know what is good for you, stay away from this company. It's absolutely horrific.
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   tcwetherell 0 Votes
When activating my daughter's phone, Straight Talk charged my credit card twice. I tried to call the company many times using the phone number on my online banking statement. (no answer) I finally had to cancel my credit card. I decided to contact them again and couldn't hear the service rep...it sounded like a party, with very poor English. After 1 hour on the phone and a reference number to activate my phone with the extra charge, I was told to contact them the very next day to active the phone. After another 48 minutes NO SUCCESS! I think Harry (his name) had a very good time "toying" with me. Placing me on hold, etc. After verification they would not activate my phone. EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE!!! I will pay a higher price for better customer service, or shall I say for any customer service. I have filed a fraud charge through my bank and hope this will make some difference, but I doubt it. Who am I against Wal-Mart?
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   tutor 0 Votes
My phone minutes left jumped from more than 60minutes left one day to only 6minutes left the next day while I didn't even use the phone for more than 20minutes that day. Something seems fishy either from Straight Talk or Verizon Wireless. I called Straight Talk Phone at: 1-877-430-CELL (2355) to report the problem. I was put on hold for 20-30minutes every time after 3 calling back status post disconnections. I requested to have the phone record sent to me as was informed that out of courtesy, I will have the record sent to me only ONE TIME but only after waiting for a 30day-period, AND I have to write a letter AND notarize it. This is too much. I really do not feel like jumping through all the hoops with my time not well spent just to to get the privilege of looking at what I have spent my own money on. Walmart will lose customers fast if Straight Talk keeps doing this.
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   perfumehobbiest 0 Votes
pls folks, all of us here that have this straight talk phone, we need to do this. Start calling Walmart headquarters in Alab, OK or whereever they are. Keep on the phone until someone takes some action.

Walmart brags about customer service, well they sure missed the ball when doing this thing.

Write to the CEO, keep on the phone, keep writing, write to your attorney general for your state, and go to your state BBB. This is probably the only way the straight talk CS will get out of the glorious PI, and get taken away from the cheap PI cuties.

I have called them, and just the other day, had to keep asking the guy, if he spoke english or what language did he speak, maybe we needed an intrepreter. I had to keep repeating and repeating thing, and finally got a 5 min phone call that took over 20 min done.

Just keep calling walmart, and INSIST ON SPEAKING WITH THE CEO OF WALMART AND NOBODY ELSE. This might work. AS the CEO is head of the company, and responsibility for the operations of the company. Refuse to speak to nobody but the CEO and maybe they will get the msg through that their CS for this phone is beyond awful.
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   brncookee814 0 Votes
I bought a phone for my son on 2/19. I purchased a $45 card so that he can have the unlimited text, talk etc..
I went online & followed all instructions to set up his phone, then when it was complete I was given a 28290 number to call & activate service..Let me tell you it was not that simple. First of all we called through out the ENTIRE day & received a recording stating, "sorry were unable to activate your phone at this time, please call back later!" so I called customer service & was told I had to wait 24hrs. Because I purchased it for my son, for his birthday, he was exciting so he looked at the clock & tried every hour up until 24hrs. was up. At this point no service still. So I called back explaining situation to representative, which was Very Rude! seem to have no type of customer service skills!!! & seem to be angry because of me being frustrated & trying to get help from him which he was unable to do. I was up at 5am because of the time difference there by a few hours. This rep told me I would have to wait an additional 24hrs to see if activation is complete!! I ask why is that, he really couldn't provide an understanding reason, so I ask to speak to a supervisor over & over...again & he replied there is none & I explained everything to you already!! so you have 3 options "take it back to store " "listen to what i'm telling you" or just wait another 24hrs. Then I stressed to him after getting so angry, & also telling him how exhausted I was from this process & that it was 5am my time.That I wante to speak to someone in charge... he rudely said if you don't understand me, ok let me transfer you to someone you might understand. And he did transfer me but to a spanish represenative whom I spoke to & explained everythig to in english, and was very considerate & also apologetic for what happened. She tried to help out to her best ability...Now since then my son phone finally got a new phone number & activated a couple of days later.. & today is Tues. I tried to call his phone to arrange picking him up from school & it said his phone is disconnected...I bought a $45 straight talk plan, (unlimited talk & texting) I called customer service & they said they couldn't help me until he's here physically with the phone.. My advice to whom ever may be reading this is to think twice before purchasing this plan...and if you enjoy being angry, or frustrated or poor customer service, then this surely where you can start!!
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   Megatron0912 0 Votes
Really? I have heard really good things about TracFone from a number of online forums. I am borderline buying the Samsung touch screen smart phone that they offer, and getting the $45 unlimited everything plan. From the forums and sites ive been checking out, most users seem to be happy with their purchase and are satisfied so far. I might end up giving it a try now that my current (or most recent) plan expired and I am tired of my current phone. From what I understand, there is no need for a contract, so trying it out might only cost me the cost of the phone and the $45 for the first month. Good luck to you guys. I am going to continue researching and checking this site to see if your opinions stay the same or if you have a change of heart. Thanks

-Danny
 13th of May, 2010 by   Gino T. 0 Votes
I tried to port my number from Boost Mobile, a personalized number that I've had for 10 years. From May 3rd til now May 13, they have not ported nor activasted my line. It's difficault to deal with a company and local issues when their call center is in the Phillipines, and the reps are told to give a list of standard responses to non-standard questions. I'm trying to find the corporate phone number to deal with an american directly.
 18th of Jun, 2010 by   kimtompkins 0 Votes
I have TWO accounts with Straight talk & my phone I haven't had any problems with it. However, my husbands phone is supposed to be TOP OF THE LINE. It's not. It powers down OVER 20 times a day & I called to have the phone replaced with not getting ANYWHERE. They want us to mail them the broken phone BEFORE the mail us the new working phone. That would mean my husband would be without a phone for up to 3 weeks. Last I knew that's a TERRIBLE way to run a company. We would MUCH rather pay alittle more with another company & get GOOD service that as a LOYAL customer deserves, DON"T BUY STRAIGHT TALK PHONES.
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   Leland62 0 Votes
Straight Talk
Straight Talk is one of TracFone's newest brands. As of July 30, 2009, it offers two different value-based 30-day rate plans: a $30 limited plan, and a $45 unlimited text, web and minutes plan. Straight Talk is a Mobile Virtual Network operator (MVNO) that uses Verizon's CDMA 1xRTT wireless network, which was introduced in 2001 and is said to deliver between 40 and 60 kb/s to customers.[9]

Eight phones are available for use with Straight Talk: the LG 100C, LG 200C, LG 220C, LG 290C, Samsung R451C, Motorola W385, Motorola RAZR V3a and Samsung Finesse R810C. The exception to 1xRTT-only service is the Finesse R810C, an EV-DO-capable handset which performs at higher speeds where such coverage is available. It is the only Straight Talk-branded handset to offer this functionality at present.[citation needed]

Straight Talk is currently exclusive to Wal-Mart stores because of a joint-venture program between the two companies.[10]
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   jacksonmb 0 Votes
I activated my phone last night and I am able to talk on the phone, but I can not receive or send text. I have called customer serivice serval times and can't understand them. They repeat the same thing over and over. They can't seem to understand what I need and my proble mis not fixed. I am about to return ths phone. I am very mad.Straight Talk need to get it together. they really need to hire some americans and stop going cheap. Ugh!!!
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   nunya56 0 Votes

slow activation - Straight Talk

it takes 12 hrs. to 7days to transfer a phone #i already have. now i have no phone for a week.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   tracey33 0 Votes
sorry as hell they need to be put out of bussiness..asap
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   tracey33 0 Votes
NO ENGLISH TALKING ASS MOTHER FUCKERS...WE NEED PEOPLE WHO CAN TALK ENGLISH...WHEN THEY CALL THEY PUT YOU ON HOLD...IF ONLY I CAN BE RIGHT THERE TALKING TO THERE NON SPEAKING ENGLISH ASS...DUME ASS.TAKE YOUR ASS BACK WHERE EVER YOU FUCKING CAME FROM..WE ALL IT DAMN SURE ANT AMERICAN
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   wondertwinactivate 0 Votes
its 6 a.m. and im trying to call in cause my min. expired last night and i get a recording with high demand they cant tak my call at the momment to try back later...right...ive actually bragged to people about how good this phone is..but this kind of servive isnt gonna have me saying anything good if you cant do what you advertise..why give numbers and internet service when you cant provide them...yes by the way i did try calling and internet...NOTHING came good of it cause just so happen having maintnance problems...yeah hope my kids are O.K...Guess i won't know until you get out of bed and get to work and actually talk to you...joy another 4 hours... that'll do me good...NOT..so sad..
 16th of Sep, 2010 by   Smasaoka 0 Votes
DON'T BUY STRAIGHTTALK! Is that clear enough. Bought the phone-ST-T401G-and almost immediately the back fell off. Found it, but then couldn't. Went to Wal-mart to be told that is not their problem. Called straight talk to be told they would be picking up phone-they did Nov. 1, 2010 and received in their warehouse. Told it would take 5-7 days. It is now 2 weeks and still told 5-7 days. I had a promise from a Gilbert at their headquarters I would have it in my hands within 24-28 hours, but a lie; today he said, 5-7 days!

Don't waste your time, or money. They waste time talking-and mostly you won't be able to understand them! They promise you, yet fail to deliver.

Don't buy straighttalk. Consider this a warning if you choose to choose them!
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   mad mom2 0 Votes
bought my daughter a new blackberry samsung look alike and activated it well got the message cannot activate for almost two days..after that everyday it needed to have code enteres *22890 and it would reactivate with a NEW number everyday! lol.i called almost everyday and was told it was going to supervisor and they DO not speak english very well at all..AT ALL..be prepared to repeat yourself and have them repeat numbers to you over and over ..and then when u tell them how the number is changing they tell you no your wrong it is the very first number on file they have...they wanted me to return phone after havinbg a week and and this happeneing everyday and said it would take about 13 days to get another phone.I asked about the unlimited minutes i purchased and i was two diff stories .one that no it would not come with minutes ..umm ok and another all phones come with minutes ..ya ok..well they did the same thing *22890 and it worked again with a diff number again.seems she just gets a diff number everyday til the time runs out in about two weeks then straight talk can straight kiss my ass.Calling walmart tomarrow asap about this ..its a scam seems liek just to be able to get people to buy the phone cards and lose thier money ...and i cant even get ahold of my daughter..this 109.00 piece of what they call a phone is getting returned..
 6th of Oct, 2010 by   Smasaoka 0 Votes
So similar to mine. And to update mine? After going to Walmart and having the manager work with them I was to return the phone and call them when it was done. It immediately went UPS, called and was told they would call me when received . After tracing it, seeing they had received it, called to be told they were busy and the wait would be within 10 minutes. After 35 minutes I hung up! The next day called, to be informed they had not received it; the tracking number was wrong! I said you already have it, stated the time and who signed for it and still told I was wrong.

After much anger got ahold of a supervisor to be told they did have it and now I must be patient!

People, go to the store manager of Walmart and let them know your unhappiness! The ones I have been working with admit they have nothing but problems with Straighttalk!

Shirley Masaoka