Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Progressive Business Publications, Malvern, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - False Invoices and Orders

Progressive Business Publications Contacts & Informations

Progressive Business Publications

Posted:

False Invoices and Orders

Progressive Business Publications
PO Box 3008
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Phone: 822-220-5000
On 11/29/10 I receieved a book in the mail and an invoice from this company that I owed $299. The invoice only had the address correct. My name and all other information was incorrect. I have never ordered this book from this company. The invoice did not have a phone number on it. After serach the internet and finding them on http://www.complaintsboard.com I found many complaints on this company and a phone number. I called to tell them I did not order this book. They insisted I did and after I told them did not several times they agreed to cancel the invoice.

This company has a reputation of 'filling orders' that no one has every placed. You know it's a scam when you receive an invoice with no phone number or website.

If anyone needs their fax number it is 610-647-8089
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
False claims of product orders, send out free publications then claim they are trials and that you "were sent invoices that you were supposed to cancel". No official signed orders, no credit card information taken. Then they turn over to ICR (International Credit Recovery) out of Vestal, NY. They begin the harrassing, threatening, accusatory calls to your place of business 3-4 times per day. (Valerie) from ICR, is hostile, rude and doesn't take no for an answer. Have filed with the NY attorney general's office and the BBB. Called progressive directly and their accounts people are just as accusatory and useless. Not sure how companies can get away with these practices and have no action take against them.
 15th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
This company is completely fraudulent. They appear in hundreds and hundres of threads through the website regarding their unscrupulous business practices. Their collection company ICR isn't even registered with the American Collection Companies. They're incredibly brutal and accusatory. One rep even claimed that he was helping me out by placing me on the Do Not Call list, which he didn't. Don't give them any money. It's a complete scam. I'm starting a class action law suit against this company.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Progressive Business Publications - False subscriptions
Collexis
South Orange
New Jersey
Phone: 973454347
collexis.com

I have received their newsletter which I have not ordered. Now I have received a past due invoice notice and now a second past due notice. I did not order it. This is illegal.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Progressive Business Publications - Scam invoice

We received an invoice with the name of one of our managers that stated he had ordered a publication. The cost was $299.00 and it said our account was 90-days past due. We didn't order the publication.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
So dont pay it. Get confirmation from them who OK'd the order of the publication and tell them you aren't going to pay it until you get it. It's amazing how many people drop their requests for payment when you actually ask for proof of the order.
 17th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree, I just called on an invoice I received stating that they had sent me 3 other notices and that I would be charged a service charge if not paid. When I called the lady was not very nice and she had my name as the one that ordered it. I told her to send me proof or recorded phone call and she then stated that this was a trial and that all I had to do was call and cancel, so did I want to cancel, I said of course I didn't order in the first place.
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I'm in the same boat. What did you do about it?
What can you do about it?
 24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
same here. I sent them an email to that effect and kept a copy. Here is what I wrote.
"Your invoice for account 407759002 dated 1/16 is obviously in error. I did not order your publication, nor have I agreed to any contract with your company, Progressive Business Publications. Please acknowledge receipt of this email and make the necessary corrections."
 25th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
We too received a Progressive Business Publication Invoice for $299. Says Ordered by "Charlie Cogo". Name is totally unknown to us. Our letter said "your account is 90 days past due. ... This is our 4th notice without response from you. .. Unpaid bills are referred to a collection agency. Shipment has already been made on 8 issues. "

We have never committed to any purchase, received any other invoices, or received any publications. It's a total scam.

We will be contacting our local media. It appears this scam is on-going and involves other innocent people like us. I'm sure that the local news channel that does fleecing stories will respond to this one.

How many folks have been scared into paying the $299??
 29th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Just let it go to collections. Scammers like that aren't going to show up in court anyway.
 29th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
From the Better Business Bureau

Number of complaints processed by the BBB
in the last 36 months: 874
in the last 12 months: 417

While this company responds to customer complaints presented to it by this Bureau, this company's business performance record demonstrates a pattern of customer complaints alleging billing for unordered merchandise. Some consumers have claimed that they cancelled subscriptions but their cancellations were not honored. Progressive Business Publications responded to the BBB concerning the company's unsatisfactory business performance report. The company sells its publications through telemarketing solicitations. It claims that it tape records telephone solicitations for quality control purposes. The company states that it obtains the ordering person's birthdate to verify the order at a later date. According to the company's correspondence, orders are confirmed by fax within 24 hours, giving the orderer an opportunity to respond. The company claims it has a liberal cancellation policy permitting the customer to cancel anytime within the first three months of the telephone order and receiving a refund on all unsent issues. New subscribers receive two free issues with the right to cancel according to the company. The company claims that its BBB complaint volume is negligible compared to its volume of business.
 21st of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
Yes, I had a similar run in with these people as described above. They talked to me on the phone, then a very overpriced pamphlet came in the mail $300 for 24 issues of a four paged regurgitation of technology articles. Asked to see invoice of order, they hung up on me.
 7th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
Please send your complaints about fraudulent conduct regarding International Credit Recovery Inc. and Progressive Business Publications to the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, E consumer .gov, the Better Business Bureau, and/or your local General Attorney's office.
 7th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
 4th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
It is August 4, 2014 and my hospital received a bill in my name for $299. I do not even know what their newsletter is. THEY ARE STILL AT IT IN 2014!
 14th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I received a phone call from these people, and as soon as they told me their company name "Progressive Business Publications", I told them I was not interested in any dealings with them whatsoever and hung up. Then today I received an invoice dated 3/25/2015 (today's date is 4/14/2015 ) for $249. They say if you send it back with the word "Cancel" on it, then you only have to pay for the unsent portion of your "Subscription".

This is complete fraud. Strong-arm robbery via the mail. It remains to be seen if I can find any federal agency that can get me off the hook with these leeches.

Contact Us