logo

Posted:    Snowball4

Treatment of Customer

Office Max
New Jersey
I want to share with everyone a copy of a letter I am sending to OfficeMax Headquarters. They treated my 75 year old mother horribly and I want to somehow let this be known to others who may be interested in buying a laptop from OfficeMax:<br />
January 19, 2010<br />
Consumer Affairs<br />
OfficeMax Corporate Headquarters<br />
263 Shuman Blvd.<br />
Naperville, IL 60563<br />
<br />
I am writing to express my sheer outrage on how I was treated during a recent call to your 800 customer service line.<br />
<br />
First off, I am writing on behalf of my 75 year old mother who wanted to ‘exchange’ her 10inch Acer laptop she received for Christmas for the 15 inch Acer laptop BECAUSE SHE CANNOT SEE WELL.<br />
<br />
I first visited your store in Turnersville, NJ where the customer service person said I could not return the item because it was past the 14-day return. I explained I bought it as a Christmas present for my mother in October (because it was on sale) and gave it to my mom on Christmas. He said, ‘oh well, look’s like your stuck with it!!” I was absolutely stunned at the blatant rudeness. (Little did I know this was just the beginning of a series of horrible customer service—albeit consistently horrible.)<br />
<br />
I thought you would be interested in helping the older generation expand their interest in computers, which in turn would increase your company sales. How wrong I was. My mother really wants to learn the laptop – but she cannot read the 10inc Acer – it’s too small for her aging eyes.<br />
<br />
After that interaction, I called your 800 number from my car, assured I would be treated better. My receipt, copy attached, clearly says, if you have a returns, please call this number for an RMA- no mention of return policy.<br />
<br />
Your customer service representative said there was nothing she could do and repeatedly read the policy to me. I asked for a supervisor and was transferred to a very nasty woman name Nicole. She told me, as did the first fellow, I was STUCK with the laptop. Stuck??? $320 is a lot to a senior citizen…heck, in this day it’s a lot for anyone, particularly people on fixed incomes. To your company I’m sure it’s nothing.<br />
<br />
I told her we bought it as a Christmas present and she told me I could have returned it by JANUARY 8….UNFORTUNATELY IT IS JANUARY 18 . Is this how your customer service supervisor’s are trained…”Oops you missed the deadline, sorry, you’re stuck with it.”<br />
<br />
I asked for the manager’s name. Nicole said, Charmin is the manager, but is not here. I requested another person to speak with and was told she had given me enough help, (HELP?) and then hung up on me. !<br />
<br />
Is this how you treat your customers—especially senior citizens? As I said, the receipt does not indicate the return policy and it also does not indicate a holiday return deadline. <br />
<br />
In addition, we just wanted to upgrade the laptop. NO refund. No broken equipment. A simple exchange for something better (and yes, expensive) more money in your pocket!<br />
<br />
In all communications with OfficeMax, I was treated as a ‘sucker.’ You’re ‘stuck’ with it. How dreadful and disgraceful! So now, your customer service people are correct. We are stuck with it. My mother cannot afford to purchase another laptop.<br />
CC:Better Business Bureau, <br />
AARP
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Online Shoppers Warned About '12 Scams of Christmas'

Latest Groups