logo

Mis-sold energy contract & prices

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Nokia Promo UK Complaints & Reviews - Winning scam!

Nokia Promo UK Contacts & Informations

Nokia Promo UK

Posted:    maswena legodi

Winning scam!

On the 4th of september this year (2007) i received an sms the notified me that i have won (GBP)147000 POUNDS on this year Nokia Mobile Promo & for claims, i must call +447045728127 or email: jooofnokia@ uk2.net. Their message center: +6596845999 then i emailed them all my details then they send me a form that i must fill & also was requested to pay for a courier services fee of which the one i choose caused 420 pounds (GBP) BEFORE THEY CAN send me my winnings 's check.

Beware people!
Comments South Africa Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Sep, 2007 by   KRISTOS 0 Votes
my name is K.P. few days ago i received an mms on my phone saying that i won 600.000 sterling pounds.....i got an email from mrs barbara saiyng that i have to feel a claim form ..which then i did just to see where this cheating will lead up to....now they told me i have to go to england my self and some of there people will be waiting for me at the airport to take me to their office so i can get the cash by myself after i paied them ONE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS....HOW DARE YOU CHEAT [PEOPLE LIKE THIS MRS BARBARA AND MR FRANK COLE??? ...WELL IM NOT FUCKING COMING TO UK AND YOU CAN KEEP THE MONEY YOURSELF...U BANDITS CHEATS AND THIEFS.....KEEP THE MONEY SO YOU CAN BUY YOUR SELF A SECOND PAIR OF KNICKERS AS I BELIVE YOU MUST NOT HAVE AN OTHER ONE TO WEAR,,,,,, YOU SHOULD BE LOCKED IM PRISON FOR CHEATING PEOPLE LIKE THIS....ps OH MR COLE KEEP THE MONEY TOO AND BUY A HOUSE FOR YOUR SELF AS YOU LIVE IN CHEZINGHTON ZOO TOGETHER WITH THE DONKEYS......DONT YOU DARE TXT ME OR SEND AN EMAIL
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by   mohamed jamal -1 Votes
same is here guys i got the same thing as u did ... i had the same number of 91,000
and i had the same form
1st is NokiaVerificationForm.doc
2nd is NokiaPaymentReleaseForm.pdf
GBP and they want to deliver money using a mail company like FedEX :D lol
money transfers through banks
cheaters... i felt it from the begining
dont beleive them
 6th of Oct, 2007 by   twinkle 0 Votes
well i also got a sms coming from NOKIA PROMO,at first i dont believe cuz i know its fraud/scam whatever we call it..they said i won(GBP)94,000.00 pounds and they want me to call +44-704-570-6092 and email nokia.enquuiry@yahoo.com,well i dont believed them sorry but i searched fist before i do so...well ur comments help me alot....so guys be carefull they are scam......
 14th of Oct, 2007 by   osama abdenaby morah 0 Votes
I want to explain about your message for me about the prize 91000 pounds from nokia UK. Please reply in +20104115691 Egypt.
email osama_morah@yahoo.com.
 14th of Oct, 2007 by   Rinky 0 Votes
Even I am getting the same messages, that I won 5000 USD, but these are scam messages, but why Nokia is stopping these misleading messages.
 16th of Oct, 2007 by   BHASKARAN 0 Votes
Is this letter scam or not?

Verification Form

To,
Mr.
Email:bhaskarjetski@yahoo.com

Date:19th october, 2007

Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Mr.James Kelvin. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the verification form below

Section A

Amount won (in figure) £
Amount won (in words)

Section C
**Internet
Contact email address(s) 1.
Internet connection Home Work Public

I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.

Dr. Anthony Floyed
Tel: +44-704-575-2724Fax: +44-7006-012-913

Copyright ©2007 Nokia. All rights reserved.
.....................................................................................................................................
This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

Verification Form

Amount won (in figure) £
Amount won (in words)

Section C
**Internet
Contact email address(s) 1.
Internet connection Home Work Public

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.

Dr. Anthony Floyed
Tel: +44-7...Fax: +44-7006-012-913

Copyright ©2007 Nokia. All rights reserved.
 22nd of Oct, 2007 by   Ronald Manene +1 Votes
Like Thomas from, I believe in what i see. If everything I read is the truth I will see by the outcome.
 31st of Oct, 2007 by   Hannes Coetser +1 Votes
I received the same type of sms, saying that I won 91000 pounds. Decided to check it out first and found these comments. Man, why is Nokia allowing this to continue? These scumbags are playing on people's emotions, especially in times that money is tight. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND GET THESE PEOPLE BEHIND BARS!!!
 3rd of Nov, 2007 by   Sarah Parish 0 Votes
Received the same SMS, so much of this going on at the moment that even if it were genuine I would probably ignore it. Unfortunately I think Nokia are getting a bum wrap on this and that the fault probably lies with the service providers - poor security with people being able to access your details regarding the make and model of your phone along with your phone number.

However for most English speakers the poor grammar and spelling on these solicitations is a dead give away and typical of poor "Nigerian" english as anybody who has received the "nigerian" fax scams, will no doubt attest. To all you scammers out there, Nigerian or otherwise, go for English lessons if you really hope to pull off this sort of scam and be a little more inventive - if we are going to be taken, at least make it a bit more challenging.
 7th of Nov, 2007 by   SONJA ROESTORFF +1 Votes
I RECEIVED THE SAME E-MAIL AND SMS MESSAGES.I WAS SO EXITED UP UNTIL NOW!!! THE BASTARDS!I WAS THINKING MY BAD LUCK CHANGED!BUT EVERY LOOSER GETS ITS DAY!WHATS THE MATTER?DIDN'T YOUR MAMA TEACH YOU TO GO WORK LIKE A MAN FOR YOUR MONEY?INSTEAD YOU WILL SIT LIKE A FIFI WITH NO BACKBONE AND TRY AND STEAL FROM OTHER PEOPLE!YOU MOST PROB A THIN LITTLE MAN WITH A BAD SKIN AND PISS IN YOUR PANTS! I ACTUALLY FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR MISERABLE SORRY LITTLE ASS!CANT BE EASY TO BE SUCH A BIG LOOSER!MY NEPHEW OF 15 YRS COULD FIND A JOB TO SUPPORT HIMSELF, AND YOU CANT EVEN!YOU KNOW-GO SCREW YOURSELF AND THEN GO SHOOT YOURSELF!DO THE WORLD THE FAVOR PLS!TELL YOU WHAT GIVE ME THAT COURIERS SERVICES NUMBER SO I CAN SEND YOU A GUN WITH SIX BULLETS FOR IN CASE YOU WANNA TAKE YOUR SLICK PARTNERS WITH YOU TO UNCLE SATAN.
 11th of Nov, 2007 by   JESS TEODOSIO 0 Votes
I have received a SMS that i won 165,000.00 pounds in the on going Nokia Promo, and advised that I well submit my personal data thru e - mail address (nokia corp uk52@hotmail.com and call + 447045732473.

Instruction was stated at mms was followed by me immediately and as of this time no reply how to claim my win amount.

My mobile number was 00971504816085 ( Dubai, UAE )

Please help me!
 14th of Nov, 2007 by   syed ibrahim 0 Votes
I recd the below mail. This is true or not.

UPDATE‏
From: Nokia Nokia (nokia_claims35@yahoo.com)
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 4:08:54 PM
To: Segu Mohamed Syed Ibrahim (sheiksyedibrahim@hotmail.com)

NOKIA MOBILE PROMO 2007
EUROPE AND MIDDLE EAST REGION

Dear Segu Mohamed Syed Ibrahim ,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Your Email (sheiksyedibrahim@hotmail.com) was selected as one of the winning Email in the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO for the Europe and Middle East Region.

This promotion is carried out to promote the use of NOKIA phones. Please, do ensure to make good use of this very powerful NOKIA product and also tell your friends and family about NOKIA products.

You have won a NOKIA N92 Phone and the sum of 1,500 GBP and you are just a step away from claiming your prize.

A Certified Bank Cheque for 1,500 GBP will be written in your name: and packaged with your new phone. It will be in our regional office in , UK.

To claim your prize you may come to uk to pick up the prize.
When you get to UK, go to the NOKIA office at Ruben Dario, 5 46021 Valencia,ukand ask for MR. Abraham. He will hand over your prize to you after proper identification.

However if you can not come to UK, please send us an email letting us know so that we can arrange for an alternative means of getting your prize to you in your country. Please, note that you will have to bear any cost arising from any such arrangement.

Note that all prizes must be claimed 2 weeks after the message was received or the prize will be forfeited.

Please, reply or call me on phone to let me know when you are coming to UK to inform me of the date so that an appointment will be booked for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

CONGRATULATIONS once more.

Sincerely yours,
+447031846414
(8am to 6pm GMT MONDAY to FRIDAY)

CHECK OUT THESE OTHER QUALITY PHONES FROM NOKIA.
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
 16th of Nov, 2007 by   EDUARDO VELHINHO 0 Votes
Nokia is winning with this. But INTERPOL has the last word, I hope.
(PORTUGAL)
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by   john thomas 0 Votes
HI,

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS ANOTHER PERSON HAVING A GO AT THIS MONEY PROMOTION THING. NAME MARK COLE!!! TELEPHONE NUMBER 07031913944. ALSO NOKIA HAVE A NO NAME POLICY WITHIN THEIR COMPANY SO THEREFOR WOULD NEVER GIVE OUT ANY NAMES OF THEIR EMPLOYEES IN AN E-MAIL OR LETTER.

NOKIA WILL NEVER RUN A PROMOTION LIKE THIS EVER AND IF THEY DID WANT YOU TO CONTACT THEM VIA E-MAIL IT WOULD NOT HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS ENDING IN ANYTHING LIKE YAHOO IT WOULD BE 100% NOKIA.COM.
 27th of Nov, 2007 by   magdy abd el aziz 0 Votes
Received an sms the notified me that I have won (GBP)90.000 POUNDS on this year Nokia Mobile Promo.
 6th of Dec, 2007 by   tg 0 Votes
Just two days ago I received an sms saying that i won 197,000 GBP and that to claim the prize i have to phone on the no 447045766546 or email nokiapromo247@uk2.net. i sent an email and recieved back a verification form. but when i sent an email asking how can i verify that all this is true i didn't received anything else.
 14th of Dec, 2007 by   Jowana Abu Ha. 0 Votes
I have received a SMS that i won 165,000. thousand pounds in the on going Nokia Promo, and advised that I well submit my personal data thru e - mail address (nokia corp --- claimsdept@nokipromouk.com and call + 447045732473.
 15th of Dec, 2007 by   Zahra Zadkhedmat 0 Votes
Have received a message from you that told me I am one of the winners! I want to know to which address e - mail I should send my identity information! Could you please send me the e -mail address I should send it?! Thanx a million! Pls inform me as so0n as possible!
 17th of Dec, 2007 by   Toni 0 Votes
Hi there,

they got hold of my number a little after yours, people :-) And I have received Mr Floyd's e-mail as well as "Bhaskaran" which is posted on this page so there is no need for me to do it again. It's really surprising, not that someone (Nigerian or whatever) is trying his luck but how such a company as NOKIA alowes them doing it. I agree that the most suspicious thing is the e-mail ending on uk2.net and not nokia.com - isn't it a little weird NOKIA having not their own domain :-))) Maybe the scummers must go for computer lessons as well as English, don't you think.

Any way, I thank you for the comments but I also believe there will be people who will not be bothered to read (or doesn't know how to) all we post here.
 18th of Dec, 2007 by   Reduan hj abdul rahman 0 Votes
on 09/10/07 this year i received an sms the notified me that i have won (GBP)147000 POUNDS on this year Nokia Mobile Promo & for claims, i must call +447045728127 or e-mail to : award@nokiamobile.company.org.uk

Date: 12th October, 2007 i receif an e-mail of:

Acknowledgement of filled form

Your filled verification form has been recieved and it has been forwarded to our verification department for proper verification and documentation. As soon as the verification is completed, a notification will be sent to you from this office with the details of your payment.

Note:I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to assist you in redeeming your claims,below is an copy of my identity card.

Dr. James Kelvin