King Soopers

3.75
Kimng Soopers
Lakewood, Colorado
Phone: (303) 914-2060
Bought a blank $50 Master Card from King Soopers at self check out. Because it was self checkout I specifically went up and asked the clerk how to activate it. The clerk took the card from me and scanned it for me and said it was now activated. I asked if I needed to do anything else? He said no. I left. The next day I tried to register card and web site claimed they had no record of it. I called the 800 number and they said they card was not activated.

I returned to King Soopers. I was referred to a female manager who was nice and tried to help. She stated there had been a lot of problems with these cards recently. She wanted to simply trade my card out but was told she could not. The main manager was called. Nick Arceo. He stated there was no returns and they could do nothing and would do nothing. I had the receipt and the card and told him he needed to do something. I explained that his store apparently had a contract with a credit card company. Because they did, when a customer bought their card, King Soopers agreed to activate it. I told him my card had not been activated and that he either needed to help get it activated or contact the company for me. He asked for an Activation Receipt. This was the first I ever heard of an activation receipt. The clerk at Self Serve never mentioned it nor gave me one. I told this to Nick Arceo. Mr. Arceo stated that I was given one. I told him I did not receive one. He rudely insisted I had. He inferred, in front of his staff that I was lying. He didn't bother to check out anything. Just came to the conclusion that I was lying. I was not. At this point, after he had proclaimed he would NOT help me, and inferred I was a liar, I raised my voice explaining that I had bought this card at his store, had my receipt and needed it activated. He told me to be quiet or leave. I told him I would not. He said to leave or he would call the police. He then refused to talk anymore and summoned security. So this must be King Soopers new customer policy. Refuse to help those who have a valid complaint, simply refer to them as liars and threaten them.
Was Arceo surprised someone would raise their voice after he infers, in front of his staff, that the customer is a liar without checking any of the facts out? Just because he's too lazy to find or check out the truth, another should not be upset? At no time did I cuss or use any foul language. The harshest thing I said was that he was a thief and cheating me out of $50.00. King Soopers does not operate in a vacuum. They do not sell anything without elaborate computers documenting and registering each and every purchase. Since I had the receipt, if they wanted, they could have checked time and date of transaction to verify purchase. They would have then known what clerk was working and could have talked to them. They could have looked up the purchase in their records. Since it was a Master Card and they claim a separate activation receipt is needed, then there should be a computer record of the sale ( I had the original receipt) along with a corresponding activation code receipt or lack of one. Regardless, they could have looked into it. But instead of using common sense or spending any effort to help a customer, their new policy, enforced by Nick Arceo was simply to discount the customer, infer they are a liar, then when the customer becomes upset, tell them to leave or be arrested. The manager's action resembled more of a screw you, beat it, policy. I'm out $50.00 because Arceo is too lazy to check the records or ask someone else to. This is no more than corporate theft. An 'I could care less' attitude by a lazy rude manager. Undoubtedly I will see them in court.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
It's the second day. If you do not like it. Don't read it. I'll report it each and every day until the situation is resolved.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I work at store 49 17000 E lliff ave in aurora as a floral manager an yes the store managers are very abusive i was forced to quit do to a hostile work environment also i was discriminated against as well, They say there company values are 1.Honesty 2.Integrity 3.Respect of others 4.Diversity 5.Safety 6.Inclusion, your voice matters, Well this is crap because I have voice memos were the store managers are telling me they were going to force me to step down. It was so bad at that store I had to record them on my cell phone every time they called me in to the office. I try to get transfer out of that store and they told me that was NOT!!! going to happn unless I step down but other managers from different depts came and went. There had been five or more other floral managers in that store be for me and from my understanding they step down. I was with king soopers for almost 2 years and I loved my job just the managers are so mean. I have taken this to the union as for now nothing yet has happn. I would also like to get a good attorney on this. I also had hurt myself n on the job n after going to the docts the work comp my store manager told me I was going to have to pay the bill. So KathyLe you are so right how these manager are. If any one out there would like to join me in this battle please feel free to e-mail me @ wuvmyhorses2@yahoo.com thank you for reading my complaint with king soopers
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well today I had my step 2 grievance meeting with Kingsoopers. Did it do me any good? NO!! it did not .Mat Davids did not want to hear anything I had to say at one point he even rolled his eyes at me...lol I thought it was kind of funny in a way. But as the meeting went on I ask him like four different times if he would like to here the voice recordings I have of the store supervisor Roni telling me that her and the store manager were going to force me to step down and that I would have no choice and how they deny me my leave of absence. The funny part is there denying they even said any of this to me and I have it all on tape.I guess though if he would have let me play it for him he could not of taken there side on this hole thing huh.He just shook his head no and told me that they were just doing there job and that to him he seen no form of hostile work environment that he was denying my request. Dose that surprise me? NO!! Did I think it would turn out any different then it did? NO!! Do the little people ever win? NOPE!! people like this always get away with what they do no matter how much evidence you have on them to prove your case, I have it on tape, time and dates and it still did not matter. How sad is this!! Well on to step 3 now. Now its just the point of this matter of how people can get treated like that in a work place by a manager or co manager and nothing happens to them. Oh but if that was one of us little people we would have been fired. Again how sad. !!! Please if any of you out there have been were I am or are going through it now please please post you complaints with mine. thank you for reading my store.
 12th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
I needed to pick up a Western Union from King sooper I did my research your website said it was open until 10 p.m. and I called the store and they agreed I could receive money until that time. I left my job early as a waitress because I needed my money I arrived at the store at 9:45 I was greeted by a pretty nice young clerk he told me customer service was closed. so the suppose it as he calls himself head clerk by the name of Keith came over I explain my situation told him of the website that I have called and I really needed my mommy I'm hungry I just got a job Keith said to me there's nothing we can do for you I said excuse me where closed ok is there anywhere else I can go well there's one on Alameda I said could I have the address he said I don't know I said could you find it he said no I said do you think I could make it there within 10 minutes he said I don't know so I did not know what to do so in the meantime it is now 10 till 10 I have no groceries I have one hundred and $60 waiting for me at Western Union I am hungry I need this money desperately not to mention I almost lost my job to pick up the money that's how hungry I was so I was getting irritated teeth who mind you I'm a server has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in my life to the point I will never shop at King sooper again unless it's free but he comes back over and I said you know I know it says 10 o'clock on here I called I showed him that on my phone he gave me a look like I was the stupidest person he has ever seen then his words to me were what do you want me to do about it its not my problem and I gave him a look like did you really just say that to me so I said I said I'm in customer service and you are offending me and in a very rude demeaning manner he says well I'm sorry about that now mind you I am in there with my friend who suffers from tardive dystonia look it up you can find out what it is a brief summary is some medications crossed and he's had to have to severe or very intense brain surgery and he is he cannot speak very well he wanted to try and talk with Keith but Keith wouldn't understand him and was giving him a look like he thought he was drunk my friend hasn't had a drink in 20 years so anyway my friends say that I am being 100% of be used I mean degraded abused I was told to get the hell out of your store and don't come back so that's when my friend was like what soI was standing pretty much between them my friend notices the abuse and how badly I'm being degraded keith was making it like it was funny that I couldn't eat he didn't care at all and no concern I would have been happy if the man with the said I'll give you two pieces of bread to get through the night then I would have faith in King sooper but anyway back to my friend he can't speak to to his you can speak but very hard to understand due to his illness he was so so upsetting he was trying to protect me so he went to let go not push but just don't get control over Keith cuz he was so out of control and telling us to get the hell out of his story never come back you can only take so much so my friend went to go to be like you no get away from her and he turned around and said get the hell out of here and don't come back and I never want to see you again and we're going to call the cops and I said please I'm begging you to call the cops I said I'm in the stand right here and wait and he said no your not get the hell out of my store and don't come back mind you we have shopped at that store for over 10 to 15 years Keith needs some classes to teach him how to work with the public I do that's how I get paid and that man could have gone back there and given me my check so I could have 8 I am sitting here hungry upset and crying there was no help from King sooper and I just cannot believe that you would push me to that point and my friend who is very ill to get that upset he had to come home and take medication to calm down I don't know if you have a heart and soul but I am interested to see what you have to say and if you could could you please please keep where he does not deal with the public thank you

King Soopers Logo King Soopers