logo

LK Jewelry Designs http://www.promolk.com
Horrible Quality Ring, Worse Customer Service, RIPPED OFF
2. (1 hr 46 mins ago)
Jenna, the Astrologer
Don't fall for her emails
3. (2 hrs 11 mins ago)

Arrogant Manager

Kimng Soopers
Lakewood, Colorado
Phone: (303) 914-2060
Bought a blank $50 Master Card from King Soopers at self check out. Because it was self checkout I specifically went up and asked the clerk how to activate it. The clerk took the card from me and scanned it for me and said it was now activated. I asked if I needed to do anything else? He said no. I left. The next day I tried to register card and web site claimed they had no record of it. I called the 800 number and they said they card was not activated.

I returned to King Soopers. I was referred to a female manager who was nice and tried to help. She stated there had been a lot of problems with these cards recently. She wanted to simply trade my card out but was told she could not. The main manager was called. Nick Arceo. He stated there was no returns and they could do nothing and would do nothing. I had the receipt and the card and told him he needed to do something. I explained that his store apparently had a contract with a credit card company. Because they did, when a customer bought their card, King Soopers agreed to activate it. I told him my card had not been activated and that he either needed to help get it activated or contact the company for me. He asked for an Activation Receipt. This was the first I ever heard of an activation receipt. The clerk at Self Serve never mentioned it nor gave me one. I told this to Nick Arceo. Mr. Arceo stated that I was given one. I told him I did not receive one. He rudely insisted I had. He inferred, in front of his staff that I was lying. He didn't bother to check out anything. Just came to the conclusion that I was lying. I was not. At this point, after he had proclaimed he would NOT help me, and inferred I was a liar, I raised my voice explaining that I had bought this card at his store, had my receipt and needed it activated. He told me to be quiet or leave. I told him I would not. He said to leave or he would call the police. He then refused to talk anymore and summoned security. So this must be King Soopers new customer policy. Refuse to help those who have a valid complaint, simply refer to them as liars and threaten them.
Was Arceo surprised someone would raise their voice after he infers, in front of his staff, that the customer is a liar without checking any of the facts out? Just because he's too lazy to find or check out the truth, another should not be upset? At no time did I cuss or use any foul language. The harshest thing I said was that he was a thief and cheating me out of $50.00. King Soopers does not operate in a vacuum. They do not sell anything without elaborate computers documenting and registering each and every purchase. Since I had the receipt, if they wanted, they could have checked time and date of transaction to verify purchase. They would have then known what clerk was working and could have talked to them. They could have looked up the purchase in their records. Since it was a Master Card and they claim a separate activation receipt is needed, then there should be a computer record of the sale ( I had the original receipt) along with a corresponding activation code receipt or lack of one. Regardless, they could have looked into it. But instead of using common sense or spending any effort to help a customer, their new policy, enforced by Nick Arceo was simply to discount the customer, infer they are a liar, then when the customer becomes upset, tell them to leave or be arrested. The manager's action resembled more of a screw you, beat it, policy. I'm out $50.00 because Arceo is too lazy to check the records or ask someone else to. This is no more than corporate theft. An 'I could care less' attitude by a lazy rude manager. Undoubtedly I will see them in court.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2010 by   Jacob Monroe 0 Votes
It's the second day. If you do not like it. Don't read it. I'll report it each and every day until the situation is resolved.
 5th of Dec, 2010 by   RitaB 0 Votes
I work at store 49 17000 E lliff ave in aurora as a floral manager an yes the store managers are very abusive i was forced to quit do to a hostile work environment also i was discriminated against as well, They say there company values are 1.Honesty 2.Integrity 3.Respect of others 4.Diversity 5.Safety 6.Inclusion, your voice matters, Well this is crap because I have voice memos were the store managers are telling me they were going to force me to step down. It was so bad at that store I had to record them on my cell phone every time they called me in to the office. I try to get transfer out of that store and they told me that was NOT!!! going to happn unless I step down but other managers from different depts came and went. There had been five or more other floral managers in that store be for me and from my understanding they step down. I was with king soopers for almost 2 years and I loved my job just the managers are so mean. I have taken this to the union as for now nothing yet has happn. I would also like to get a good attorney on this. I also had hurt myself n on the job n after going to the docts the work comp my store manager told me I was going to have to pay the bill. So KathyLe you are so right how these manager are. If any one out there would like to join me in this battle please feel free to e-mail me @ wuvmyhorses2@yahoo.com thank you for reading my complaint with king soopers
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   RitaB 0 Votes
Well today I had my step 2 grievance meeting with Kingsoopers. Did it do me any good? NO!! it did not .Mat Davids did not want to hear anything I had to say at one point he even rolled his eyes at me...lol I thought it was kind of funny in a way. But as the meeting went on I ask him like four different times if he would like to here the voice recordings I have of the store supervisor Roni telling me that her and the store manager were going to force me to step down and that I would have no choice and how they deny me my leave of absence. The funny part is there denying they even said any of this to me and I have it all on tape.I guess though if he would have let me play it for him he could not of taken there side on this hole thing huh.He just shook his head no and told me that they were just doing there job and that to him he seen no form of hostile work environment that he was denying my request. Dose that surprise me? NO!! Did I think it would turn out any different then it did? NO!! Do the little people ever win? NOPE!! people like this always get away with what they do no matter how much evidence you have on them to prove your case, I have it on tape, time and dates and it still did not matter. How sad is this!! Well on to step 3 now. Now its just the point of this matter of how people can get treated like that in a work place by a manager or co manager and nothing happens to them. Oh but if that was one of us little people we would have been fired. Again how sad. !!! Please if any of you out there have been were I am or are going through it now please please post you complaints with mine. thank you for reading my store.

How to Sell on Craigslist and Not Get Scammed: 4 Great Tips You Need to Know