logo

Duke Energy, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Power pole price to move

Duke Energy Contacts & Informations

Duke Energy

Posted: 2013-06-19 by

Power pole price to move

Florida
About 2 years ago we called progress energy (was taken over by Duke now) and got an engineer (Terrance) to come out and give us information on moving the power pole with transformer to the property line so that it is no longer in the middle of our driveway. We were told it was $1500 to move the pole. Needless to say to move it is about 50 feet to the fence. We just could not afford to get the pole moved at that time so I called Duke and requested to see about moving it again. Unfortunatley the engineer Terrance called me and stated he "remembered" the conversation from two years ago and that due to the price of the pole and labor it would probable be more then what he said two years ago. Really? It is only fifty feet to the fence? I have had people try to drive by it with a boat in tow and have scraped the side of their boat. My father who is 75 has bumped into the pole. What else needs to happen for Duke energy to move the pole without charging a single income family an arm and a leg. I pay my bill monthly and I feel they get enough of my hard earned income to have to pay for the labor in moving THEIR pole. Isn't that why they charge us so much per month to handle labor costs??? Really this is just so stupid and I don't see the logic in charging customers so much for moving their property.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Well I was quoted $7, 881 to move my pole less than 50 feet and it's a brand new pole. They placed it there without my knowledge of knowing a pole was going in. I met them and told them where I wanted the transformer, but they never disclosed to me that there was a pole going anywhere. It has prevented me being able to park my truck on MY property. I tried to escalate the situation with Duke, but they just keep sending me back to the same engineer that quoted me this astronomical price for something I never even agreed to anyway. Meanwhile I tried to get this resolved immediately after it happened and this engineer was out of work for several weeks on medical leave and Duke chose to wait until he came back to work to resolve the issue. This is unacceptable for me to have to pay to move the pole.

Sunscreen Labels May Give False Sense of Safety