logo

Deceptive Selling Practices

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dollar General, Flora, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Employee Rights Violation

Dollar General Contacts & Informations

15 Greenlaw Blvd.
Flora, Illinois
Phone: 618-662-6161
dollargeneral.com
I began my first (and only) day of work on November 28, 2011 at Dollar General in Flora, Illinois 62839. On that first day of work, I was physically pushed (by a elderly lady named Linda-lead clerk and only employee with authority level of 5) and had to put my arm up to prevent me from falling face first into the shelving. I complained to the store manager, Arniee Whitner, about the situation. He stood up for her and said she did not mean to do it. I asked if there was cameras and he said yes. I told him that it would be on the cameras then. I then filed a complaint with Dollar General Human Resources. I also sent the same 2 page letter to the Flora Police Department. Human Resources started a formal investigation. Today, on Monday December 12, the area manager called me and said that my complaint was verified and that formal action was taken. He then told me that my job was still available at that store location but there was no openings at other locations for me to transfer to. I asked if I would be working around her and he stated yes. There is a conflict of interest there and I cannot believe he had the nerve to say that to me. I told him that I did not feel comfortable working around her. Since I was not willing to work around her at that location then I would immediately be removed from active status and changed to inactive status. I have contacted attorneys about this matter. The only problem that I have run into is that my household income is $500 a month and no attorneys will work on the basis of no fees until you win. I do not have the money to pay for a lawyer unless I received a settlement for the matter. Once again, the poor gets taken advantage of.
Comments United States Bullying and Harassment at Work
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jan, 2013 by   johnny estrada 0 Votes
my issue is i was told that i was hired and showed up for the orientation just to be told i was still being considered. a month prior i had filled all the paper work out just to find out i will not be hired after all. it does state that any if you have any arrest record it will not be held against you. it turns out that is a lie. if you have any type of record they will not hire you. what upset me was i was told i had a job and declined other offers to work for them. they had me wait a month and me showing up for the employee orientation just to tell me " i'm sorry we have not finished your paper work". i wonder how can they get away with this? so what happened to EOE? first go through the proper paper work before you tell someone you are hired and stop wasting peoples time.

5 Consumer Tips for Tech Savings