logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (40 mins ago)
voltexchange.com
They charged me and I haven’t received any bitcoins from them
2. (58 mins ago)
Country Club Dubai
cheaters
3. (1 hr 2 mins ago)
Small Business Finance Center (SBFC)
fraud
Poor service Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Certegy Check Services, Florence, Alabama Complaints & Reviews - Payroll check denied

Certegy Check Services Contacts & Informations

Certegy Check Services

Posted:    chadditz

Payroll check denied

Walmart
Florence, Alabama
Today is the second time in 2 months i have had Certegy tell Walmart to deny cashing my check. Let me break this down in steps. Step 1. I was in line with 4 other co-workers and we all had payroll checks to cash, i was the 4th out of 5 ppl. Step 2. They had their check cashed...i did not. Step 3. Walmart gives me the happy little number that i called last time and i call it. The "machine" says the same thing it said last time, "Your check wasn't denied due to any type of fraudulent activity it was denied as a Fraud Preventative." WTH does that even mean???? my check was different than anyone elses i had my ID and put in my social(the works) and they deny my check after cashing the past 2 and denying the one before those for the exact same reason. The only reason i cash my check at Walmart is because i get paid at midnight on friday and my bank isnt in the town that i go to college and work at. Ive been cashing the same checks their for 7 months now. Worst part is this has happened to some of my co-workers as well. These Certegy douschebags need to go. Worst part is the machine said it will relay to the merchant that i called or something like that. but just like last time i bet i won't be able to cash my check there still for the next 5 days.
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of May, 2008 by   shopgirl 0 Votes
I have tried twice with my payroll check. The first time they said that my payroll check "could" be put in a category that could be used in identify theft. This time they said that they don't have proper information on my company. Two months ago they cashed the payroll check. These people need to go out of business.
 20th of Jul, 2008 by   kathleen 0 Votes
i have also tried to cash 2 payroll checks at walmarts, and was turned down both times walmart just lost money that i would of spent there. i dont understand other people i work with cash thiers there.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   tara waters 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me at Walmart last month and I got a little number when I called I could not get any information. The check was from Mutual of Omaha, I knew it was good.
 20th of Sep, 2008 by   Kelley Calloway 0 Votes
I work for the US Postoffice in GA. Today, Saturday, I went to Walmart to cash my payroll check, and was denied. I have money in my account, do not write bad checks, and needless to say I've never got a bad check from the Post office.
I also called the number, no response. If my bank has no problem with my checks why does Certegy?
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   PISSEDFNOFF -1 Votes
just remember...walmart is only offering a service...they don't have to cash your check. just take it somewhere else to cash it...
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   JennF203 0 Votes
I wish Good Morning America would expose this Certegy Service for what they are. I have no problem with someone refusing me service, but at least give me the respect as a consume in telling or explaining to me why. People, normal hard working people don't have the inclination or the knowledge behind your iron curtain Certegy to read your minds or fiddle through piles of paperwork that a company with a faceless voice. Wake up America and stop inhabiting places that refuse to give you service!! IF your local wal mart won't give you the attention you were use to before they arrived in your town, leave them? It isn't that hard you know. When you need a loaf of bread, pay an extra 10 cents and go to the local small town store, if you need a pepsi, get it somewhere on your way home from work. Boy Cot those that refuse to service you. Isn't that the way our grandparents got something done ages ago? Oh wait, they had a back bone and that was a time that people actually spoke to someone instead of getting a recording or the brush off. Once we were valued customers, now you are just a number, a faceless aspect lining their pockets with your hard earned dollars. No, they don't care and won't care until you take a stand. I haven't had this happen to me, but to my son. A hard worker trying to provide for his family. Wal Mart no longer nor ever will be graced with my presence or that of my family. I think I still have a backbone enough to do that, we'll see if I matter. I doubt it, but I will get the satisfaction that Wal Mart and this Certegy won't be a part of my life. Aaaahh, that really feels amazing too.
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   hate2register 0 Votes
Worst experience i have ever had today, and i agree with you completely JennF203, wal mart, or this certegy will NEVER AGAIN get my service. I recently went into wal mart, which i find that store annoying but i have a family to feed and grocery shopping is much cheaper there usually, i have a two year old daughter and went to the money center to cash my check as i too dont get it until about 9:30pm and figured since i was there i would just cash it. Well i have cashed many checks there before and never had a problem and i work for a very BIG company with a lot of money, so obviously my check wasnt bad! As i gave them all of my information and the woman started counting money out to me this little receipt printed out that said they refused to cash my check because this company is protecting them from "fraud." Really? Okay. Whatever, so ill cash it at my bank right? Think again!!! This company has no placed a block on my check for five days!! So maybe they should explain to my two year old daughter why she cant have diapers for the next five days, or have milk for the next five days right? (exaggeration) As far as im concerned this company has no business being a part of my life and i will make sure that they wont. Also, as i was near tears and in the checkstand with a very heavy dresser i had just purchased, my daughter fell asleep on me while i was carrying her and i couldnt put her down, the B!tch that was ringing up my groceries wouldnt even help me put them in my freaking cart, and then when i asked if i could have someone help me to my car she told me that i would have to wait 27 minutes until they came back from lunch...really? F*ck you wal mart, and Certegy!
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   Heywood Jablome 2 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me today! I have cashed my payroll checks there for years and after an extremly bad bad day the lady looked at me and said is this your first time cashing checks here? The dumb lady behind the counter knows that it was not the case cuz I get here very time!!! So she said re-enter your SS again and then she smiles and gave me this little piece of paper saying We cannnot cash this check and to call certegy! What a crock of shit!! I will never ever step foot in a Wal-Mart store again!!!
 5th of Aug, 2013 by   angrywomanno 0 Votes
I completely agree with everyone here. After hearing about how Wal Mart cashes checks for $3 up to $1, 000 or so I imagined it was too good to be true. I do have a bank account but my bank closes by the time I am off work and I needed the money right away. I am only 22 years old and very limited on cash amount available. When I went into Wal Mart the lady behind the counter asked me to enter my ssn # twice and after that she said that I had gotten denied... I was hesitant to even give out my ssn #. I did not know they checked your credit... I have none or limited credit. I don't understand why that would matter if it is a PAYROLL check. Why penalize me when I worked hard for my money. Penalize the person writing the checks if they bounce or don't clear. Very much frustrating I must say.

3 Ways Lenders Spy on You