Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Burger King Gift Cards, Phoenix, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - gift card Demagnetized

Burger King Contacts & Informations

Burger King Gift Cards

Posted:

gift card Demagnetized

Burger King
Phoenix, Arizona
We purchased several of the new Jonas Brothers gift cards. At the time of purchase, the store manager seemed to be fumbling around trying to load the credit on them. I was slightly irritated, but was just happy to finally get them. When we returned to use them, I handed them 3 to use, and they told me that 2 were not scanning, so I owed the rest in cash. I told them that they were brand new cards and presented the receipt with each, so I wanted to see the manager. It was the manager that originally sold me the cards. He came to the window and told me that they were demagnetized! That's it! I told him that they were brand new and still had money on each of them, so there needs to be a way to use them. He didn't say anything, so I asked if they were useless, and he said yes and just shrugged. I was furious! On the way home I thought that there had to be a way to track the money, and remembered the number on the back. Customer service confirmed that there was still the full balance on the cards and they should have called to confirm. they can transfer the balance to a new card. WHY DIDN'T THE MANAGER KNOW THIS? How much money does BK make when people just take the manager for his word and write it off as a loss?
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Burger King Gift Cards complaints
Burger King Gift Cards - No one knew how to do a Gift Card!

Comments

11th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Stupid. Who told you to buy "gift cards".
 17th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Cards can demagnetize, especially if you hold them clsoe to other cards or electronics. I work in a hotel setting and people are ALWAYS having to reprogram their hotel room cards because they set them on their computer.

Burger King Logo Burger King Logo Burger King