Posted:

Poor customer service and management!

3.9
Applebees
I have visited this applebees quite a few times and on every occasion the customer service is the same. The waitress doesn't come to our table promptly and then when asked to speak to a manager one comes over with as bad an attitude as the waitress gives. I have also noticed on each occasion that every time i have to ask the server where our waitress is and also why I've been waiting twenty minutes without even getting any service at all, only to have a larger party than the one im in walk right in and get served... The manager on duty even had the nerve to touch the brother on the shoulder and stand up for his employees shitty service. I asked the manager if i could have his name and the district managers name and telephone number only for him to reply its in the phone book... As a manager of two restaurants and a customer i don't expect to be treated like that from anyone in the same position. We all work hard for our money and shouldn't be made to feel as if our patronizing a restaurant is a nuisance . So finally when the server finally walked over to offer me a drink when she saw us speaking to the manager i got up and walked out, and i will never return again... and they wonder why so many applebees stores are closing... ill give you one guess the lack of customer service...
Complaint comments Comments (94) Complaint country United States Complaint category Restaurants & Bars

Comments

5th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I was in applebee's with some friends for dinner last week, as we go everyweek! Our service was the worst I have ever seen at any applebee I have ever been to, which I go to often for business meetings! The food took as while as can be expected for any busy restaurant, however when I asked to speak to the manger he came over to our table and was just very rude. He actually told us to just eat somewhere else next time if we werent pleased with our service! I live in Kalamazoo Michigan this location was on
West Main Dr and the manger I spoke to was Greg he let me know he was the general manger which was even more suprising to me that he did not care about our business! I also am so offended that I might write a letter to the Kalamazoo Gazette to run in there articles for business people not to do business at applebee's and I am sure others will agree with me and hopefully not go to that location until something is done about the mangement!!!
Kerri Todd
 17th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
Applebee in Frederick, Maryland has terrible service and less then mediocre food. I go there expecting things to get better and they never do. Last night I took my daughter there, as it's her favorite place to go (5yrs) Things started nicely but quickly went down hill. Our server came over immediately and took our order. Drinks were brought out and then everything stopped. We were there an hour and a half waiting on a child menu item and a Trio order. The people across from me waited 20 minutes for Chips and Salsa. When our food did arrive 1 hour after ordering I immediately asked for the check which took another 30 minutes for them to drop the bill, take the money and return the change. Obviously no tip was given and the evening ended on a very frustrating note.
 12th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
My wife , son,a friend and myself just ate at the applebees in steubenville ohio which we do there alot,more than any other restaraunt. Untill today everything was very good and the service was always very good. I can't believe that this place was as bad as it was this time, the service was horrible, and the food should of been sent back, but didn't want to wait another hour to get it again. No silverware, food was already cold by the time they brought us some, no napkins, no refills on drinks, dessert was brought out with stuff smered on the outside of the cups. Very bad experience, don"t care if we go back.

Tim wilson
1/12/07
 22nd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Service at Applebee's no matter which restuarant you go to has always been bad, waitresses and managemnt have an attitude like they are doing you a favor allowing you be there. Getting servered takes a long time and to get there attention well that takes a miracle, and when they finally acknowledge you, they will tell you they will be right there just to shut you up and get you off their back, but they still come when ever it is convinient to them. I don't go there of my own choice, usually its because someone else suggests it and I am always hoping the this time it will be different but it never is. Customer Service is a bad problem, what is your criteria of hiring you have to be an asshole to work here. And another thing ordering for pickup sucks, they do not come to your car they make you go inside a pick up your order, so your commercial are a punch of crap, you are lieing to your customers. It doesn't say much for Corporate office if you don't do anything about it, this has been going on for years. What up with that. Have some consideration I mean we are paying customers and are the ones that keep your restuarant going, don't you have any appreciation or evem common courtesy. Do you even care!!!!!!!!!!!
 9th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Applebees - Late food, uncaring managers!
Hw us1
Aberdeen
New York

After a fifty minute wait I had to go find a manager, she would not come when our waiter informed her we had a problem... She was on the phone. At that time I ask her is she could help us get our food. She gave some low answer and headed off for the back.After another 15 min. We got food which was wrong, no portabla mushrooms, my sisters fish was cold, It was a very unpleasant experience and we will just go back to panera bread for our every friday outing. This was our second try at applebee and they still need some management training.
 17th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
On Febuary 16th we visited the applebees at kc.k on Rainbow blv. and recieved very bad service. We got there at 7:15 ordered our drinks and our food with salads. At 7:45 we had not yet recieved any refills on drinks or our salads. At 8:00 our waiter Eric said our food was in the window and it would be out very shortly. At 8:10 I asked if we were going to get our salads and refills and he indicated we needed to work with him because they had a server not working out and he had to cover to stations. At 8:20 we still had not gotten our food or salad and I asked why we had not gotten it since it was in the window 20 minutes ago. He indicated he had no control over who took food from the window and we needed to be patient. I told him we were leaving and would not pay for the food we ordered. Our experience was terrible and the 5 of us will not return to Applebees.
 4th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I went to Applebee's in New Rochelle, NY this past weekend. I am going to keep it short because I know people don't have the time to read long comments.

I would advice everyone out there to please avoid this Applebee's at all times!! First we had to wait almost an hour to be seated, when we finally got a table was right by the door and the temperature was 20 degrees that night in NY. I asked the hostess for another table and after another 15 minutes we were given a bigger table.

Finally, at the table the waitress took our order and the order for the table next to ours, the other table got their food in 15 minutes while mine took 40 minutes!!! At this point I just wanted to eat and leave, after being pushed around for two hours. When I start eating my steak, instead of sirloin they gave me a HAMBURGUER!!!! I called the manager, she apologized but the damage was done.

I swore never to go back to Applebee's, the customer service was horrible and the reason why they take sooooo long giving you a table is because their staff is walking around like zombies in the park. They take about 20 minutes to bring you a check after you asked for it.

Please, please, please, don't go to Applebee's in New Rochelle, NY it is horrible and you will regret even coming out to have dinner with your friends.
 7th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Applebee's - Terrible experience!
Applebee's
Danville
Kentucky

We live approximately 30 miles from the nearest Applebee's Restaurant. Since it's opening, we have patronized this restaurant about three to four times a month. We have a big family and at any given time, we are paying for six to eight people. We considered this restaurant our favorite (we eat out a lot). However, lately the food and service have been horrible. We ordered the little burgers and the chicken ranch sandwiches the last time. Both were inedible. The chicken was just a strip on stale buns with a toothpick through them. No ranch at all. We asked for ranch dressing and they brought it about 15 minutes later. We had already had to ask about our meal several times. We thought they had forgotten us. Honestly, we don't mind waiting if the food is good. My husband ordered a chocolate milkshake that tasted like bananas. He asked for another and it had ice in it. Sorry to complain but this particular restaurant has been this way lately (last five to six months) and it's not free. My husband and I work hard and we don't want to spend our money on bad food. This restaurant is a real disappointment.
 9th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Applebees on Warner in Gilbert AZ has as bad of service as every other Applebees in the nation. Horrible customer service, bad food. Do not go there!
 11th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Yea here is some feed back. GO TO A DIFFERENT RESTAURANT, Or I dunno cook dinner at home and quit being lazy...
 17th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Applebees - Bad good and service!
Shreveport
Louisiana

Brunch on a given Sunday at Noon thirty; scenario...ordered bloody mary, took 25 minutes and asking waitress 3x to receive which was awful. I think the vodka had water in it. Then ordered a grilled chicken caesar salad, took 25 more minutes to receive, and the chicken was PINK. Awful. Another at my table ordered a beer, took 20 minutes. Due to starvation, I ate off someone else's fries and drank the water, such an awful experience; and I am a chef in the culinary world in Texas. I expected more from the Cajuns but this was a sin!
 8th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
try working at applebees the employees are jerks the managers think they are a gift off god and they are always on power trips sometimes when it takes a long time its because you cant get any help from other people in the store its like working with a bunch of 2year olds i try to b a good person never had a complaint and thats only because i dont let anyone near my tables i dont blame you for not wanting to eat there i work there and i dont even eat there and i get a discount
 3rd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Our complaint is with the hostess. When she took us to a booth and we sat down, it was soaking wet from just being cleaned and we asked for it to be dried and she was so angry that she had to go get a towel and wipe the seats and table off. It actually made my pants wet from sitting down. I didn't notice it until I had sat down. The waitresses should be taught how to clean and dry the tables and seats especiallly if you are seating people that soon after being cleaned. The hostess was no hostess and she never smiled or was not a bit friendly. Is that the kind of image you want to send to customers?

When we left she wasn't even around and it wasn't that busy either. It seems they all play around too much and try not to do anymore than they have to. They're alwasy standing around the computers talking and trying to act busy. Ha!

This was at the New Philadelphia store about two weeks ago. The hostess was short, stocky with dark hair. A real winner for a hostess.
 15th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have worked for Applebees for two years now and my biggest complaint is the attitude I get from rude guests who have no comprehension of the amount of work that we do. When you are sitting in a crowded restaurant can you not see your server trying to meet the needs of up to ten tables full of people? Give me a break we are ONE person trying to make sure everyone’s needs are being taken care of. I love the people who suck down their lemonade as soon as it is placed in front of them and then get angry at us for not giving them fifteen refills. I believe it is people who bring their unrealistic expectations who give the servers a "bad attitude". Just to let you know, we are under pressure from just about every angle in that business. From the time a guest arrives we are expected to greet them and get drink orders immediately. Not only are we to get orders we MUST suggest 1. Specific beverage, 2. Specific appetizer, 3. Make the guest aware of the national campaign, 4. Offer soup or salad w/entree, 5. Offer specific dessert. If we are shopped and do not make everyone of these sales we are given a write up. We are responsible in addition for rolling all silverware which means on a typical busy night we have used up all silverware and are probably in the back trying to get more pumped out for the guests. When food is set up by the expeditor to be taken to the tables, it is whichever server who happens to be in the kitchen at that time to run the food. This means, that I may be in the kitchen getting your drinks when I am interrupted to take food out to the opposite end of the restaurant to ensure that guest gets HOT food! Meanwhile I have two minutes to get your drinks to you! How's that for a set up to fail? When all is said and done, it usually doesn't matter how much we bust our asses because the guest will interpret our "lack of service" as lack of effort. By the way in addition to the entire service transaction that we provide, including cashing out each guest with our own bank we are required to bus our own tables yet must tip out three percent of our total sales every shift. So for those of you who think your server was so horrific that they don't deserve the benefit of at least a ten percent tip just remember when you stiff us, you are costing us money. We have to tip a host that doesn't even bus our table! At the end of my shift I MUST claim that I made 10% of my total sales. If my sales are $1000.00 I have to claim $100 and tip out $30.00. If I've had two or three assholes who like to stiff us for any reason whatsoever I end up claiming I made more than what I actually take home. Give us a break people, we are human. Try opening your eyes and seeing the big picture.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just left worknig applebees today because I had found another job and I went to put in my 2 wks notice and he said I dont accept those, this your last night, your'e fired. I said practically screw you. He was rude to me all night long and I was a closer and by the end of the night he just sent me home and I didn't have to do any of my work. This so called applebee's is the applebee's in Three Rivers, Michigan. I don't think that anyone should go there. The managers suck and the whole place is a joke.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
On September 6 I came into Applebees in South Burlington around 4:30 with my family. I had eight people in my party and was told to wait until a table was ready. I was quoted a 20-25 minute time period. While I was waiting another party of eight came in and got sat before we did. When I asked about them getting sat before my party they said sorry.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Last Saturday I came in with my wife to Applebees at the University Mall and was put on a wait. Their was a man at the door wearing a blue dress shirt he told us their would be a fifteen minute wait. We said we wanted a booth he said it would take an extra five minutes and he snapped at us and our name never got called so we started to leave when a employee by the name of Emily asked us if we were okay we told her what happened and she sat us right off.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Saturday was nothing but trouble once we entered Applebees in Burlington. When we put our name on a wait list the Host acted towards us like we were taking up his time. This host was not dressed like the rest of the employees and he was rude. Once we finally got sat out server Jason never came back and asked us if we wanted refills on our drinks or needed anything else. When our food came to the table it was thrown at us and the waiter left. The steak was under cooked and the potatoes were cold we asked if he could heat up the food and recook the steak and he said no because the cooks were to busy. At the end we never saw a manager and had to pay full price. We will never be back because of the way the service was this night.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Our complaint is with whoever trained the hostess Sarah.
No other host could be found so we assumed she was the only one on. She cleared off a table for us and wiped it down. The table was very wet and we asked her if she could dry it off she said no she was to busy. Busy my ass she went back to the host stand and stood there playing with her phone. My pants got very wet from this and I had other places to go after. The waitresses should be taught how to clean and dry the tables and seats especially if you are seating people that soon after being cleaned.
The hostess was no hostess. Is that the kind of image you want to send to customers?

This was at the University Mall Applebees
 11th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Applebees - Reptile in Foos
Veterans Parkway
Bloomington
Illinois

Recently a local diner discovered a whole small lizard in her salad. We do not know if this was the fault of applebees or a server at the establishment. I have also eaten there once and was very sick that evening and the next day from some chicken I ate. I reccomend that nobody eats at this restaurant. DISGUSTING!!!

Applebees Logo Applebees