logo

Terrible Business

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Walmart Complaints & Reviews - CSM and cashier dont' know the meaning of customer service.

Walmart Contacts & Informations

Walmart

Posted: 2012-07-13 by    Fifth grade teacher

CSM and cashier dont' know the meaning of customer service.

As I got in line at the express register at my local Walmart, I didn’t notice that her light was off. I guess the cashier didn’t notice me at first, but when she did, it was the most unpleasant experience I ever had. I told her she didn’t need to get rude with me and that her lane closed sign wasn’t up. I asked her nicely if she could ring me up anyways as I felt it was not fair to make me move to another line. She rudely declined saying she had to get to some meeting. I didn’t care if she was going to be late for the meeting and is fired. My point is, she should have had her lane closed sign up. A turned off light doesn’t mean you are closed. At this point another register open right next door to the one I was at. I stormed right over to the register in shock that I was treated as bad as I was being treated..

When I threatened to report the cashier to management, she started to cry and apologize". It was too late now.. This is when the pathetic CSM shows up'. The CSM didn’t greet me in any way.. She went straight to the cashier to ask what happened". What the cashier told her was a complete lie and made me look like a bully, . And none of that was true!. Then instead of disciplining the cashier, the CSM tells her to calm down and get to the meeting. The CSM made no attempt to speak with me at all. That cashier should have been fired on the spot. I am a elementary school teacher, and I would have never allowed any of my students to speak with me the way that cashier did. Especially when it was their own faults. I don’t tolerate rudeness and lies. When I make a list of the supplies that my students need for the upcoming class I have told the parents that they are not allowed to shop at Walmart for their school supplies because I won't be correcting any papers they bought at Walmart and they will get an F for incompleat work assignment and recieve a detention for not completing their homework. I used to teach third grade and will have some of the students again this year in fifth grade so they know how strict I am.

I am going to report both the cashier and CSM. I have had a run in with that CSM before when she was a cashier. About a year ago, I had made a complaint on this site about this CSM refusing to clean off her counter and claiming I threw my shirt at her. I had called and made a complaint about her, then they turn around and made her a Customer Service Manager. I guess this store doesn’t need me as a customer anymore considering they support rudeness and lying.

Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jul, 2012 by   chocturtle -2 Votes
...

13th of Jul, 2012 by   Ray Heid -3 Votes
Tasha you idiot, it does not matter if the lane was closed, the point is the customer is always right.
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   Quark Kent +1 Votes
You know once the students are at home at your parents you cannot dictate where they shop. You also cannot give them failing grades for where their parents shop personally. Also how are you going to know where they went shopping. For a someone who is going to be teaching the fifth grade you act childish yourself. I saw your other review where you admitted to throwing a t shirt in a cashier's face, then you say she was lying. The customer is not always right and once you act like a bully (as you did) you were in the wrong. The cashier is not a ten year old like your students and you have no right treating her like she is ten.
 13th of Jul, 2012 by   Fifth grade teacher -4 Votes
There are ways to find out, for example I can ask for receipts where they bought school supplies. Also I never threw the shirt t the cashier I simply shoved it in her face when she refused to clean the counter. I then talked to the manager about her false accusations and they said that they had cameras and caught everything on tape and I was in the wrong. Anyways that incident happened a year ago nearly. Part of the reason I was to teach older kids was because parents complained that I was strict and made their children cry, so they transferred me to fifth grade. The children were lying and one claimed I hit her when I did not I simply tapped her on the face when I asked her a question three times and she was not listening. Since they had no proof this did not go further, but with complaints from other parents about their children coming home crying I was transferred to fifth grade. Now I teach these children again and some parents are protesting.
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   HeidiP +1 Votes
Where do you feel the right to ask any parent or student for their receipts? It's none of your damn business where people shop. You are supposed to teach not dictate to people where they can or cannot shop, furthermore you can't base a students grade on where they purchase their school supplies. You have some serious personal issues! At walmart, when the light is turned off, the register is closed! Get over yourself!
 4th of May, 2013 by   Ihateiggnorantpeople 0 Votes
looks like you need to be fired as a teacher. I am a cashier at wal-mart and nothing is more annoying then having someone come to your register when you are CLOSED. we do NOT have register closed signs. The light is off which means CLOSED. It doesn't mean pile your crap on a belt. It's your lazyness to not want to go to a different register. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. You cannot tell parents where to shop like other people have said it is NONE of your buisness. You need to be reported and FIRED. You do not deserve to work with kids.

Online Shoppers Warned About '12 Scams of Christmas'

Latest Groups