logo

WalMart

Posted:

Great Value (not) products

Walmart
Actually, I use Great Value products on a regular basis, but with two caveats: 1) I NEVER use generic dairy products (which is almost all of what you said you have tried) and 2) I never expect name-brand quality or performance from generic products.

You seem to have gone into these purchases without the correct mindset. While generic products can sometimes be a good way to save money, you never consider them an equal replacement for the real thing - that way you aren't disappointed when they don't perform well, but you are pleasantly surprised when they do.

With that said, however, I have used many Great Value products in the past and continue to do so now that I have been happy with including, but not limited to, cereal, kool-aid, uncooked pasta noodles, etc. I have also used Great Value products that I have been very unhappy with including, but not limited to, paper towels, paper plates, some canned vegetables, etc.

It is definitely a trial-and-error process with generic products and you have to be willing to put the time and effort into finding which ones will work for you and which ones won't. Otherwise, just purchase name-brand.

I hope your experiences get better!

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

WalMart - Poor customer service!
N. Myrtle School Rd.
Gastonia
North Carolina

I bought a dvd burner for my husband for his birthday. I took it home and wrapped it when he opened it up it looked like someone had beat it with a baseball bat. When I took it back the very next day with receipt in hand the manager and associate argued with me for over thirty minutes as if I had done it and brought it back to exchange.
 20th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

WalMart - Terrible service
Canton
www.walmart.com

I waited in the paint department forever then i waited in the electronics and i waited and waited forever and then they had sent somebody over to the paint department that was from another department and i just had to keep waiting and waiting and nobody would assist me in anyway. I was very respectful to them and waited for assistance and the employees were very disrespectful towards me.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Basically the same thing happened to me regarding a digital camera. I used it on the 4th of July and it was fine, went to use it on the 7th of July and it had lines and a white box running across the screen. When I took it back, the associate told me that I had dropped it, I assured her that I did not. But she said they couldn't take it back. I had bought the camera 21 days earlier. I returned to Walmart a couple of days later to talk to the manager of the photoshop (who never seems to be in) to explain to me the 30 day return policy. I had made of copy of it from the Walmart Corporate website. The associate that helped me that day was wonderful. She could not understand why I couldn't return it. It was then that the first associate approached and cattily remark that the camera had been dropped and couldn't return it because it was "customer damage".
I then asked the 1st associate when did she do her product research regarding damage. That she could deduce that only dropping the camera would result in that type of damage. I also asked to see where it was written that a sales associate had the authority to overwrite corporate policy (ie 30 day return policy) at their own descrestion. Needless to say, I got my money back ($324.21) and there it one photo shop employee that would like to "take me out" if she could.
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

WalMart - health

I work for walmart and i had a panic attack and they told me that i would get a "point" if i went to the hospital, you only het so many points before you get fired and i dont think that me having to have a ambulance come and tell me that i NEEDED to go to the hospital sould warrent me getting a point!!!
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
BS!!! there is no such thing as "points". I've worked for Wal-Wart for 13 years and NEVER heard such a thing. I've worked in a total of 4 differents stores and been on the seen when 3 different associates with medical conditions needed an ambulance called. Every time it happened management called the ambulance without any hesitation or thought of who would foot the bill. Afterwards not a single one of those situations resulted in any sort of disciplinary action or "points". BS!!! Do you REALLY work for wal-Mart? You sound like just another person that got in trouble for something and is trying to make up a story that makes a great place to work SOUND like the bad guy.
 8th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Your Old Bridge NJ store sucks on service. Held phone for Three Quarters of an hour for stock check and then for store manager AND NO PICK-UP!!!

Thanks for NOTHING! ( 8/8/08 ) Leaves a very sour taste for your store!
 8th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Terrible supervision!
 21st of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

WalMart - prepaid visa
Jackson
Tennessee
Phone: 9315893658
complaintsboard.com

i purchased a walmart prepaid visa credit card a week ago. in the beginning the visa had an amount of atleast 50.00 i only spent 4.99 off of the credit card within a weeks time there was only 12.00 in my account.please have something done about this
 12th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

WalMart - soaking wet and ruined package
walmart.com

I was handed my package and I noticed that it was wet, but did not know it would be in the shape it was on the inside. My pictures were wet and the envelopes were ruined. I have given some pictures away with great embarrassment.This was supposed to be Christmas gifts. Wen the man brought my package to the door, it was not raining but had all day unill about two hours before he arrived. Elizabeth Gainey
 26th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

WalMart - will not change oil in my car
Savoy
Illinois
Phone: 217-840-8417

was told that they will not change oil in my 87 honda civic. talked to manager and store manager to settle this. store manager told manger to take care of this, manger psssed this to shop manager who passed it to someone in the shop and this person still would jnot service my car. tried to reach store manager and distric manager with no answer
 19th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

WalMart - Door personel
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma

The outgoing door person wanted to see my receipt because the facial tissue i had wasn't in a bag.
This basically is acusing me of shoplifting. this all my sound trivial but to me it isn't. I could understand it if it was something large like a TV but to stop me and force me to produce a receipt insults me intelligence
Walmart you have gone STUPID
 19th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
That is Walmart's policy. If you don't like it, shop somewhere else. The fact of the matter is that any given Walmart store has tens of millions of dollars in merchandise and owns every single item outright, so protecting the company's interest is among their top priorities. I work at a Walmart and we lose thousands of dollars a day in stolen merchandise, and our door greeters recover just as much from people walking out the door, hoping not to get caught. You may think it's rediculous, but the livelihoods of thousands of Americans depends on Walmart making money, not letting it walk out the door. So shut up and start showing some grace.
 7th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

WalMart - IS THIS ADD Legal
WALMART
Rhode Island

Pop UP said I had won a 1000 dollar gift card is this a scam or what. and can't the company stop this kind of false adds? The gift card was from WALMART??????? I can be reached @ rkreyssig@cox.net
 25th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Once again! Read the fine print people! It clearly states everything you need to know about the card! Then you wouldnt be wondering were your money goes to and post all this "THIS IS BULLSHIT " and "SCAM SCAM SCAM" or the famous "I DONT KNOW WHERE MY MONEY WENT!"
 8th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

WalMart - wont hire me
weatskiwin
Alberta
Canada

well im trying to get on working at walmart again but they wont let me on how i left there, but theres this guy who was drinking on the job and worked as an unloader. he just walked out one day and they know he was drinking but they let him come back, but they wont let me come back. i dont get it
 21st of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Sounds like more of a FedEx issue than a Studio one. Also the packages sit in the back of the warlmart receiving until the studio associate can go pick them up. It's possible something got spilled in the back Receiving rooms. I'm sorry that just sucks
 12th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

WalMart - prepaid card activation
California

The process needed to activate a Walmart prepay card is painful. Regardless of trying to activate it online or via phone is a long, long painful process. If I'm ever given one of these cards again as a gift...trust me, I give it back and say, "Thanks for the thought - you keep the card." The agravation is just not worth it!!
 30th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

WalMart - blocking working envoriment
Wonder Bread
Arkansas
jetajanequa@yahoo.com

Dear Management of Wonder Bread, I am a proud worker of Walmart & treated fairly. There is however one problem w/ your Wonder Bread by the name of Stacy. He started & encourage to block every vendor& blocking Walmart's working enviroment. Walmart are short on help & we want our working enviroment with maore convince. Would you talk to the vendors please? We also short on help.? Thanks
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

WalMart - Maturnity leave
Virginia

I went on maturnity leave a week before I had my baby. She was born on May 6. I called the store manager 6 weeks after she was born and said I could return back to work. He told me I would have to wait till they could put me on the schedule, he said call back in a week. Now, I call back and he says that it could possibly be after July 24. Is there some kind of law that would make them take me back before then. I have bills to pay. Please respond
 26th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Actually yes there is a law that they HAVE to take you back. IF you were officially on FMLA for your maternity leave your job is GUARANTEED, same job, same position, same pay, same location.

I know this because I manage a buisness and I had an employee leave on maternity leave. She filed for FMLA, but told us she wasn't going to return so I acutally hired someone to fill her position. 6 weeks later she calls and says she is ready to come back to work and I told her that I thought she wasn't coming back and she says she changed her mind. When I called our corporate office to check on the situation they said that I had to lay off the new employee and take the old one back, her job was protected!

Identity Theft and Credit Card Fraud Protection