logo

walmart/1000 dollar gift card

Posted:    Sue

gift card

walmart
I received an email from Wal-Mart Notice<Wal-MartNotice@eredshank2.net> The notice said I had received a $1000.00 gift card from walmart. This came after I had filled out a survey. I also received one from someone else saying I had won a lap top computer. ( this one I didn't open ) . I am sure this may be plishing. Now what do I do to stop this from affecting my computer or my identity?

Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jan, 2009 by   Sylvia Fields -1 Votes
I opened the walmart email and did exactly what they asked, I even ordered some of the advertisements and I havent recieved anything and I saved the emails and tried to contact people back and every last email did not exsist anymore and I think that they scammers need to be in jail because that is false advertisment and I will be following through with this some more believe it
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   surveydoer -1 Votes
I also recieved emails claiming that i had won a $1, 000 dollar gift card. I quickly checked the offical rules at walmarts website to confirm how they would contact me. this is what i found.

"How will I know if I am the winner of the sweepstakes?

Sweepstakes winners will be contacted by FedEx or certified mail, NOT by email. If you receive a FedEx or certified mail package from the sweepstakes administrator, you will be asked to fill out an affidavit containing your contact information, age, and employer information.

Please note: no one from Wal-Mart or representatives of Wal-Mart will ever call potential winners to collect personal information. If you are contacted by anyone claiming to be such persons, for security reasons, please do not provide any personal information to them."

So for anyone out there, Wal-mart will not contact you by email if you have won the survey sweepstakes. I hope this will help anyone wondering the same thing i did.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   jake -1 Votes
I just got a call from someone claiming to be from the Joe Burton foundation it said i won a $1000 dollar gift card from Walmart as soon as i got the call i looked it up and could not find anything
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   hdfhfxy +1 Votes
i also got a card and i did every thing they told me and i did not receive my card in the mail what is up with that
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   mother theresa -1 Votes
wal mart fucking crooks. We will have to start wearing are knee waders to WALMART to get through the bullshit.

Sounds like a class action lawsuit.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   mother theresa -2 Votes
Why not treat WALMART just like the crimanals they are.
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   Travares kimbell 0 Votes
I also got scamed they stole 40 dollers off my debit card I wanna know who it was
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   lollie1434 0 Votes
My husband and I tried it. We ordered everything that it said to order, then we got emails from the costumer service telling us what we needed to do from there...they were very helpful. We had to sign some documents for tax purposes and were told that we would receive the 1000 dollar gift card in the mail in 8 weeks...hopefully we will receive it. I will post another comment if we get it.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   common_sense_is_not_so_common 0 Votes
wow, some of you ppl are stupid, walmart is not the scammer dumbasses, sheesh, why are there so many naive and ignorant people, read a book or something...just like you know about the $1000 prize, actual crooks know about it, and it's as easy as creating a fake email and sending you dumbasses an email saying, give me your freakin soul and i'll give u a $1000, that's h0w easy it is to scam stupid people, you have to investigate things first before giving your personal information, i've also received like 6 emails telling me about $1000 from walmart and, unlike some of you, i investigated...they were all coming from different emails, none of which said walmart in them, so duh, easy to tell it's a scam, besides the fact that it looked fake, next time google the physical address if there is any in the email.. if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   basketball_lover 0 Votes
when i saw that when i was looking at some wallpapers and a notice to the right of the screen had said you are the 1000 dollar winner to walmart and below it said it wasn't a joke so clicked on it assuming it was the real deal!
then it had come to a page to fill out information but when i had filled out everything i came upon the address and then knew i had to ask my dad about it then my dad had kept telling me it was a scam but i didn't want to believe him, but then i came to this website and found that it had been happening to other people so i exited out.
and i really didn't want anyone sending me junk mail forever!

TIPS:
DON'T TRUST WALMART OR ADS, ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT!
 14th of Jan, 2010 by   kathleen greene 0 Votes
i accidentaly deleted my 1, 000 gift card confirmation how can i receive it again? i ordered three products.
 14th of Jan, 2010 by   kathleen greene 0 Votes
i received a confirmation but deleted it before i realized what it was. please tell me how i can retrieve it!
 14th of Jan, 2010 by   kathleen greene 0 Votes
so i see walmart is just as crooked as i thought. why would you send confirmation if the offer weren't authentic. i am a faithful wal-mart shopper but this puts a stop to my shopping with you. no one can use your name for a promotion without your permission.so where is the 1, 000 card i was promised if i ordered two products and took the survey.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   123 anonymous 0 Votes
I've received so many emails as well...agree with the post above...this is NOT WALMART making the scam! Give me a break. So many crooks, so many scams. Anyone can use a company name in a scam and get away with it if people are niave enough to fall for it. Let me ask you this...did you sign up to WIN a $100o gift card AT Walmart, or any Wal-mart online site? If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   FallenAnjel 0 Votes
This a promotion. (see toward the end how to successfully get these w/o getting taken) This is how it works. You have to sign up and complete offers. You have to do so many and be approved by the companies and after all requirements are filled, then you provide all the correct documentation, and then you are shipped your gift card. I am tempted to do one for a 1, 000 visa gift card. For this one, you have to do a total of 10 offers. Two from the "silver" section, Two from the "gold" section and 6 from the "Platinum" section. Some examples of "offers": signing up w/ Netflix, joining a Disney book club, ordering teeth whitening products, getting a credit report. (All of them have trial periods of free or a few dollars) The reason the company can give away a $1, 000 gift card is because they get paid by the sponsors (netflix, book club, etc). It brings them business. It's basically another form of advertising, but it IS legitimate. With the money you spend on the "offers" you'll spend some of the money equal to the amount of the gift card. Depending on the amt. of the gift card of course. I noticed the $100 gift cards, you'd spend about $50-$75, so it's not worth it. I don't know what the $1000 gift card is. If it's less than $200, it's SO WORTH it... That's like giving a cashier $200 and getting $800 back in change. ;) (but you only needed $80 back.) Now, there's a TRICK to doing these offers that results in you not spending AS MUCH money, and not getting all these subscriptions. The TRICK is you need to CANCEL THE OFFERS BEFORE YOU GET CHARGED THE FULL PRICE. However, sometimes there are strict guidelines: you can't cancel before 6 days. You also have 60 days to do all the offers. There's a method to the madness, and you just have to figure out how to do it. :)
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   Penguin42 +1 Votes
I took that survey that is listed on the walmart receipt. i got an email back from a "JohnnieMorse@superbigpro.com."it said go to www.superbigservices.com/walmart/blahblahblah... i went to the website "www.superbigservices.com/walmart" cuz i was afraid to go to the other one and it wasnt even a real website. WALMART needs to do something about this.
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   bronx Diva 0 Votes
I just happened to do the same thing what a stupid I am .
it says once you complete the survey and purchase a couple things I 'll receive and email, I never did .
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   lissy22 0 Votes
thanks to everyone who posted these comments i have gotten many of those bullshit pop-ups.
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   did you learn anything? 0 Votes
For everyone that filled out the survey to recv the $1000.00 gift card...You've just been scammed into providing info about yourself, and/or, scammed into purchasing items to recv the gift card. Walmart has nothing to do with it. After all these years of warnings after warnings to NOT FILL OUT SURVEYS ONLINE...you still went ahead and did it. Now look your looking for answers through a blog.
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   did you learn anything? 0 Votes
before committing to anything...especially online, do some research. See if others tried for the same promotion and see if they were successful. If more than say 150 did... then there you go !! It could be true, but most likely there out to get something from you. BEWARE of IDENTITY THIEVES...AND COMPANIES SELLING YOUR INFO TO THIRD PARTY COMPANIES !!!

Top 5 Franchises and Top 5 Things You Need to Know