logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
UDR Management
Don't rent from any of UDR properties
2. (31 mins ago)
INSIGHT OUTSOURCING CONCEPT PVT .LTD
Fraud placement service
5. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Walden University
cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Wal-mart / Picture Me Portrait Studio Complaints & Reviews - Poor customer service!

Wal-mart / Picture Me Portrait Studio Contacts & Informations

Wal-mart / Picture Me Portrait Studio

Posted:    e

Poor customer service!

Re: Wal-Mart Hurst Store Manager, Picture Me Studio Corporate Manager & Picture Me Experience Customer Service:

Due to the my recent experience, I am highly upset and agitated in regards to the treatment I received from your representative at the Picture Me Studio located in the Wal-Mart Super center store number #5080. The behavior of the Picture Me representative, Mary, was shocking, ludicrous, incomprehensible and absolutely unacceptable. On this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not be met. I have detailed the chain of events of this terrible experience below and expect nothing short of:

- A full and formal apology from Mary and Picture Me Portrait Studio
- A full refund of all monies paid to Picture Me Studio for the photo’s of my children
-A formal apology form Wal-mart
- An explanation of how an employee such as Mary could be allowed to interface with customers in this manner

I attempted to resolve this dilemma by contacting the corporate customer service; however I am still offended by the actions of your employee. I will be reporting this experience to the Better Business Bureau, Wal-Mart’s Regional & Corporate Offices and will seek to pursue legal action as necessary. At 11:20am on October 2, 2007, I arrived at Wal-Mart on Precinct Line Road in Hurst, Texas to pick up my photo package. I patiently waited for a couple of minutes because Mary was conducting a photo session with another patron.

Once their photo shoot was finished she completed the transaction with that patron. At that time, another man and I were still in the studio. I handed my receipt to Mary. She located my pictures and pulled up the order on the computer. She did not tell me that there was a difference in the totals on her screen verses my receipt before; I gave her my credit card. The representative just swipes my card and proceeded to speak to the male patron in the studio. When the representative handed me the credit card receipt to sign, I told her this is not my ticket because the total was different. The representative said that is my total according to her screen and that my receipt is wrong. I stated that is not the case. At that point in time, I asked for a refund. Mary stated she does not give refunds in her studio and I would have to call the customer service number on my receipt for the refund. She stated what is on her computer is my total and I would have to pay for the product received.

Mary left the counter to assist the same male patron that was standing at the counter. At that time, I called the customer service number on the receipt. I was explaining the scenario to the first customer service representative on the phone. Mary is assisting the male patron. She then, starts making rude comments about the conversation I am having on my cell phone to the customer service lady. I told her I am on the phone and that she needs to stop talking to me. She starts yelling and acting belligerent. The customer service representative asked to speak to her. I advised her I was on my cell and that she had to contact her on the business phone. The representative puts me on hold twice and attempts to call the store. When she comes back on the line, she informs me that the line is busy and asked what is the representative doing? I said she is just standing there. Then, Mary starts yelling that she is working and that I am being rude in front of other patrons. I told her to talk to the other patrons because I am on the phone and I am not speaking to her. At that time Mary completes the transaction with the male patron in the studio and he leaves. Then she directs all of her negative energy toward me. I am still on my cell speaking with the first customer service representative. The customer service representative puts me on hold again to attempt a phone call to the studio and I am disconnected from the line.

When the line was disconnected, I called the customer service line right back and was connected to Fran. I explained my situation to Fran. Fran was asking me a series of questions and whenever I commented, Mary would comment in the background as well. I tried to continue to focus on my conversation with Fran however Mary kept interjecting rude comments in the background. I am astonished because this situation is escalating over a .77 cents refund.

Fran asked to speak to Mary and I informed her that she would have to call her on the store phone. Fran puts me on hold and calls the store. While Fran is speaking with Mary, they are going over something on her computer screen. When Fran comes back on my line, she says the representative will give me a refund of $1.37. Mary states she is not going to give me a refund that Fran would have to complete that transaction. Fran puts me on hold and calls Mary back. When Fran comes back on my line, I noticed that I did not receive all of the portraits in my package. Fran asked if I could fax my receipt to her and she proceeds to give me the number. As I am writing down the fax number, Mary starts writing the number to Amy’s store on my receipt that is sitting on top of my portraits. I asked her why is she writing on my receipt. Mary starts yelling that she is trying to be nice to me. I told Mary again I was on the phone and not to speak to me. Mary becomes theatrical and starts yelling for me to get out of her studio. I asked Fran is she hears all of this because this girl is going crazy. I continued to converse with Fran on the phone to resolve this matter. Mary threatens to get security if I do not leave her studio. I am still in the studio on the phone with Fran and Mary leaves to go get security. There was no reason for Mary to get security involved in this matter since, the corporate office was attending to the issue.

When the security personnel arrived, I was still standing at the counter on the phone with Fran. Mary came back in the studio, snatched my portraits, and stated I could not take the portraits because I have not paid for them. I reminded her that she had already swiped my card. I asked Fran if she could hear all of the commotion going on because Mary was acting psychotic. Mary then started running around the studio and yelling that I had not paid for the portraits. I advised Mary that she had five seconds to hand my portraits back to me. At this point, Fran said she would send me the two pictures I was missing, a $5.00 refund check. I starting looking in the portrait package for the receipts. I put a big X on the receipt and walked out.

I can not believe a simple task; such as, picking up my portrait package escalated to this extreme ordeal. This simple task which should have only taken a couple of minutes, instead it lasted almost an hour. Mary’s dramatic actions could have landed her an Oscar if she worked in Hollywood; however, she is employed at Wal-Mart Picture Me Studio. No one should have to tolerate Mary’s irate behavior. This is not the way you are suppose to treat your customers. What happened to good old- fashioned “CUSTOMER SERVICE”? I believe Picture Me Studio owes me a formal apology for this incident. Actually after all I had encountered in the studio, I should receive a full refund for my entire purchase!

I have been a patron of Wal-Mart picture studio for the past 11 year to take portraits of my children. I have previously used this particular studio twice in the pass. After the nightmare I experienced, I will never take pictures at this location or any Wal-Mart studios again. This was a very demeaning and embarrassing experience. Never in my life have I been treated in such a manner. I will become an advocate by encouraging others not to use your studios.

Regretfully a very dissatisfied customer.
Comments United States Photo Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Wal-mart / Picture Me Portrait Studio complaints
Wal-mart / Picture Me Portrait Studio - poor customer service

Comments

9th of Oct, 2007 by   Amy Jewett +1 Votes
I find it difficult to believe an adult reacted in this manner. Was there no provocation on your part?

Customer service witnessed this scene after it escalated (via your phone) but what they didn't "Hear" was how you treated Mary prior to this, over said .77 cents. This could’ve been easily avoided by comparing your receipt, to what she had in the computer. Why wasn't this done? And Mary is correct, in that computers don't lie, people do.

Since there were other witnesses present in the studio at the time, I'm sure they will shed light on your behavior as well as Mary's. The truth is generally 1/2 of both sides. All they have to do is pull the security tapes to see this entire situation unfold.

You mentioned that you've been going to these studios for 11 years, obviously without incident. Therefore this situation is an isolated one. How can you blame the "Whole" over one bad apple? There’s a simple solution to this. Don’t return to that particular studio.

As for wanting an apology from Wal-Mart - Picture Me Studio's rents space from wal-mart, and are not a part of the company. Therefore they have NOTHING to do with this situation, other then the lending of security when needed. (As you’ve seen) This is only done when one feels threatened. Why would Mary of felt threatened?

You've received an apology from customer service I'm sure. Also you will be receiving both pictures that were missing (Lab error) as well as your refund. What I don't understand is why you "X" out the receipt, what did that prove? But more importantly, what more do you expect from this company? You’ve been compensated.

I’m sure Picture Me Studio’s will launch an investigation into Mary’s behavior, and your treatment. They will resolve this issue one of two ways. They will fire her, or she will be written up. That all depends on the tapes, and witness reports.
 16th of Oct, 2007 by   Michelle Rogers 0 Votes
I too have had a terrible time with the studios, Its been almost a year and i still to this day have not received all my pictures that I had to reorder and every time you call its another excuse.. And it does no good to call the corporate customer service because they also lied to me and said they would send coupons, etc.. and again almost a year later and nothing... I do not recommend these people at all and I made my opinion about them clear to others in the area..
 18th of Oct, 2007 by   betty keegan 0 Votes
What coupons do you have out or sales things like that or enter something!
 18th of Oct, 2007 by   Melissa 0 Votes
It's not me to sit around and complain about business's/employees but when I read the above article it was a lot like my experience with the picture me employees. I arrived on time to my appointment, the lady photographer was training a new employee while my husband and I sat and waited for 45 minutes!! they sat, laughed and chatted most of the time. They acted very unprofessional, at one point the photographer even picked up my purse that I had sitting on a chair and asked the other girl if she wanted to buy it, trying to be funny. I thought it was just strange. I wont be going there again.
 21st of Oct, 2007 by   Amanda 0 Votes
I am sorry, but how cheap are you when you have to call customer service over .77 cents??? Get a life!!!
 27th of Oct, 2007 by   Cyndi 0 Votes
I just had my son's pictures taken today for Christmas and Halloween. The lady who was taking the pictures seemed to be a bit frazzled, since the person in front of us was having a very difficult time getting her child to cooperate to have her pictures taken. I offered to let the little girl watch my son have his pictures taken, so she wouldn't feel so afraid.

The photographer checked with the lady, and she agreed. My son's pictures came out wonderful, she made him smile really easily, and asked permission to put a hat and scarf on him, and to use certain props (my son is 9months old). She was very officiant, and we were done with the pictures in about 15 minutes.

Another lady rung up my order, and the little girl went back to have her pictures taken, and got some great shots as well. The last time I had professional pictures taken it was at the Picture People's and they did a lousy job. I defiantly liked the job they did at picture Me much better. They weren't as pushy with the sales, either. My pictures will be in in about 2 weeks, and I will make sure that I get all of my pictures.

And I do find it odd, that someone would be so upset of such a little discrepancy of only .77 cents.
 28th of Oct, 2007 by   margaret brooks 0 Votes
I too have had a horrible experience with that company. On May 8, 2007 I brought my daughter to the studio in Avon mass to get pictures done in her first communion dress. We paid in full that day 169.00 for the packages that we ordered. On the first visit back the pictures were unentered and had a black strip going through them. The girl was suppose to reorder them, well needless to say they were never ordered. I now deal a girl named colleen who just pretty much gives a great song and dance. She was not helpful, very rude to the point that on my last visit to the store which mind you was the 7th time I have been back trying to get my pictures, she informed me I was holding her up from going home to her son. The store manager Maureenm was appalled at her behavior and rude manner that she also asked for her supervisors telephone number she told us don't bother calling her she will never call you back which she has not. have called customer service, the corporate office and whatever extensions I was transfered to. Here it is October 27, 2007 and we still do not have my daughters pictures or an answer to where they are. So beware of the studio picture me they are the worst studio to deal with!
 1st of Nov, 2007 by   Tiffany Hardesty 0 Votes
I was recently at the Lafayette, IN location for my daughters yearly birthday pictures, and I was so upset. We have the children's pics done every year and our family pics too. We are good, and loyal customers. I have noticed a lot of new faces, and maybe thats the problem. We had a scheduled appt, but when we got there they weren't ready for us. After about 15 mins my daughters had to use the restroom, I let one of the girls know and
took her. When we got back they were still not ready. We had to cancel our dinner reservations that night because we waited at the portrait studio for 45mins. Im sorry but that is quite ridiculous when you have a scheduled appt. When my daughters pics came in, again I was upset. Some of the extra sheets went the ones I had ordered, but her birthday is Sunday and we plan to hand them out at her party, and the re-order would take to long. I think what upset me even more was that we never received an apology, a discount, or anything. I just wish people would train there employees to be a little more courteous and remember if it wasn't for the customers, there wouldn't be a business. The employees seem very immature, and uncertain of there jobs. I really wish the situation would of been handled better, But we have decided to take our business else where for our family pics and my sons birthday pics. I think its time for a change.
 4th of Nov, 2007 by   lyn miscko 0 Votes
I recently had a difficult experience at a walmart portrait studio. My reasons for being upset involved to much pressure from the staff on my 21 month old to take too many pictures when she does not have the attention span for that at her age. I have a hard time understanding why this woman would make such a big fuss over a few dollars. If these are really the kinds of things that people get upset over perhaps they should take up a few more hobbies.
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Nichole Butcher 0 Votes
I just had a bad encounter yesterday. My daughter is not good with strangers and the two employees that work at Picture Me in Gaylord were not kid friendly at all. We ended up going into our appointment late because of the one ahead running over on time and we were done before the end of our 1/2 hour session. I was disgusted when the photographer was snapping pictures of my crying child to use up the film and then once the film was gone she was like "ok thats it". We had four pictures snapped, three of which my daughter was upset in. Then to add to this I had a 20% off coupon and the lady told me to save it for when I buy a bigger package. I told her I wont be back before it expires and she still failed to honor it. I am not happy with the customer service at this studio at all.
 8th of Nov, 2007 by   Anne Hanley 0 Votes
I also had a problem at the store in New Castle,IN. I took my grandson in to have photos done and was told that they were out of film and the man said it was his first time alone and he didn't know how to change the film. I was told someone was coming from another store and I should come back in about an hour. I came back two hours later at about 4 pm and no one was in the store I waited for about 30 minutes and walked around Wal-mart came back about 20 minutes later still no one was there. I think either they should train the employees better or get people who have some experience with cameras.
 10th of Nov, 2007 by   Lisa Dunkle 0 Votes
As an employee of Picture Me... I would like to apologize about the mishaps that you have all experienced. Not everyone in the company acts this way and most are very professional and responsive to customer needs. All studios are required to take 7 saved poses that includes the one you are having done for your introductory package. I apologize that it takes a while and if you child seems upset or it is not possible to get all 7 than the representative should have made the exception or ask for a reset the appointment after the child had calmed down enough to get them to smile. The training of the employees is a long process because there is never the same situation or day like there is with any other job. Yes some need more guidance than others but please keep in mind you were also the new person on a job just like we are.

Please do not let one bad experience destroy your faith in others. I am sure there may be another studio in that district that you may be able to go to and have a wonderful experience and photos done at.

Sincerely,
Employee.
 10th of Nov, 2007 by   alexis watts 0 Votes
I didn't have any problems with the wal-mart studio i think they where sweet, my daughter is ten months old they where very patient and playful with her and the pictures turned out great, THANK YOU PITURE ME!! STUDIOS!!
 12th of Nov, 2007 by   Heather Shroyer 0 Votes
I have been getting pictures taken at this studio for almost 6 years now!! My son is 9 months old and I get his done once a month. This month after she took his pictures and I bought the introductory pkg. she(studio manager) would not let me order single sheets, she said that I had to buy the $60 pkg. in order to purchase separate sheets. I have never heard of that in my life!!! So I called customer service, they said that I am aloud to buy sheets. Went back to picture me. She still would not let me. She treated me like I was and idiot, she was smart mouthed, and I would not go back there and let someone like that around my children again!!! For her title being a store manager, she definetly has no place in customer service!!!
 12th of Nov, 2007 by   Saralee +1 Votes
I deal with costumers like you all the time and they make a big fuss about nothing just like you . Get over yourself you obviously have nothing else to do but sit on your butt at home and complain about how walmart owes you .77 cents and make a huge fuss, you obviously dont get enough attention!
 13th of Nov, 2007 by   Heather 0 Votes
Well, up here in anchorage there is two walmarts, and since it is a 4 hour drive to there, I had made an appointment with the lady at picture me studios. I asked her where she was, she said at the a street walmart in town. I was like, ok, so we will get there a little early, and have them done in thirty minutes, tops. Show up, 10 minutes early, and the appointment is at the other studio. So we have them call the other studio and tell them that we will be there in 10 minutes. Show up on time (mind you) and their three o clock has shown up 5 seconds before us (our appointment is at 1:30, and it was 1:30). I could not believe it! The lady completely ignores the fact that we were her 130 and goes and starts taking pictures of the 3 o clock family which is all teens and adults! She said that she would be with us in just a minute, and I have twins. They get only about three cause it is their nap time. And we wait, and wait, and wait. one hour goes by, and my girls are screaming the whole time, and ruining the studio. They are two, and they are terrible when they have to wait. We wait another thirty minutes, and our girls have driven some of the other customers away because they said that they didn't want to be where they treated kids the way that picture me was treating ours. Finally my husband packs up our belongings, and starts to go, and I said wait a minute. I asked the lady if there was someone else who could help her out, since there was four other customers besides us. She had me pass a slip of paper around to each of their customers, and have each of them fill it out. I then call the other lady "Kay" who was on lunch break. I started by saying that I understand that she is on lunch, but I would appreciate it if she would come in and take the pictures, so that we could leave. She said she would see what we could do. So finally at 326 did we get our pictures taken, when we were the 130. We waited just shy of 2 hours for these pictures, and then they got mad when we asked if we could have them mailed, cause we don't go up to anchorage often, and we bought the stamps, if they could mail them it would save us a trip. That was two months ago, and we still haven't seen them, and have called and asked about the order status, and they said that it hasn't been order yet. Oh well. I guess that shows what walmart is capable of!
 14th of Nov, 2007 by   mrsmom -1 Votes
I just had to comment on Amy J's comment... obviously biased and probably a friend of the BAD employee. Give me a break! People in the service industry should realize it is their job to be accommodating not rude, obnoxious, and ridiculous! I would expect an apology as well.
 20th of Nov, 2007 by   Elicia Turner +1 Votes
I think it is ludacris and juvenile to conduct oneself in front of one's children is such away. Or in front of anyone for that matter. It was only 77 cents for crying out loud. Maybe it was tax? Maybe your original "receipt" was just an estimate. It couldn't have been an actual receipt anyway, since you hadn't paid yet. I've had 2 session done at picture me. One when my son was 1 week old and one when he turned two. The first I was rather disappointed b/c there were no ideas from the employees on which props or poses to do. But this last session went very well. There were different employees each time. I figure people will usually treat you the way you treat them. There is not way that you simply "told her to talk to another customer because you were on the phone" I'm sure you screamed and yelled and rather rudely and explicitly told her off. And this probably why she reacted in the way she did. Have you ever been on the other side of any customer service job? Sure the customer is "always right" but when the customer is an ass it's hard to be polite. It sounds to me as if she was trying to do just that until you so politely asked her over and over to stop talking to you.
 26th of Nov, 2007 by   Angela Lesher 0 Votes
I, too, have had a bad experience with the portrait studio. I had 3 portrait packages taken. Mind you the two of them were my kids pictures for school, and my other one was of my two kids and my Nephew. The one of the three are for Grandma, for Christmas!!

Now, I got them taken on the 10th of November...3 weeks later... I still do not have them. They were to be back on the 20th. So I called, with the price of gas, I was not wasting the trip up there, to see if they were in. I got a song and dance story from an employee, to call back on the 21st. I was patient at that point. So I called back on the 21st, and you will not believe it... now another song and dance. She told me to call back on the 23rd. I was starting to loose my patience. These are school pictures and important pictures for my Mother... I am not getting any answers. So I hung up with that employee. I don't call back on the 23rd, I wait until the 24th. I not only get through to a person I get the manager....which you'll never guess ANOTHER song and dance. She then tells me that she would give me 40% off the next order. I assured her that there won't be a next time. I am going to pay the extra money to get my pictures and order that same day. This time she assures me that there was a computer glitch and that they SHOULD be here on the 26th...I told her that for the companies sake I had better receive them. I told her that if they are not back I WANT MORE!!

Here it is the 26th STILL no pictures. I spoke to the regular employee she could not find my 3 packets. I told her that I wanted the manager. I waited with static and paper crunching for 12 minutes. Finally, the manager got on... The same one that I spoke to on Saturday. I told her that I wanted answers, and I wanted them now. She told me that she did not know where my pictures were. (I am the only customer that had not received the pictures, with in the 2 weeks. ) Had she have done the research that she should have maybe I would have had some type of answers on Saturday.

Now with my blood at boiling point, she states that she does not see where they went to the lab. That must have been the glitch.. she did not say that but that is what I am guessing. I asked what she was going to do for me her dissatisfied customer. They offered me the disk of the pics, What good is that? I want then printed out and they cannot be "Printed" off the disk. How is this helping me? I suggested them copying them to a disk and them printing them out on the digital photography. She told me that it would be too much money to fork out. I suggested that maybe that would be her other option... She did not like that too much.

She then says that she is going to give the pics to me for free... only if they can find the darn things can i get them free. I told her that I wanted them to be FED-EXED to them and they better be there by the 28th. I have things to be mailed out of town and I want my pics. This being said she hangs up and says she will see what she can do... when they call the lab they are on hold for 2 hours. I suggested that it would be in her best interest to be on that phone for the 2 hours and find my pics immediately. She only has email to communicate with the lab... Who ever heard of that??? That is totally outrageous!! I NEVER heard of only email no PHONE ##.

However, I, the customer, have a customer care number. So I call the number, was on hold for 20 minutes with the 188842763866 number just for the guy to tell me that the manager did what she needed to... there was NO supervisor to talk to and he was rude and inconsiderate. He would not give me his last name and the supervisor. They don't have a supervisor in customer care, again who ever heard of that??? I asked again for his name, he would not give it to me. His name is Brandon at extension 5824. He has my full name phone # and address, why he could not give me the initial is beyond me. I work for the government and I am allowed to give my full name. I guess that the whole thing of them not finding my pics was what I was more upset about. I asked how he was going to resolve the situation. He told me that he would not help me because being that it was customer care and all who would have expected any help you know?! He was going to email the manager and they would get back to me within 2 days.. NOT good enough. They better find and deliver my pics sooner than later or not at all.

This is a nation wide company that sits right in Walmart stores. I will not EVER get my pics taken here again. I will spend the couple of extra $$ and get them taken and printed out right then and there.

I don't know if I would have made a stink about the .77 cents. Your receipt should be right and paid for before you leave the sitting. I don't know why they would charge you an extra .77 cents. But seeing that you were charged the money and that your package was not right that would have been my gripe and then the .77cents after all that. They could not even get the package right, let alone the price of it!!

I , truly am not a person to complain, but this is a poor way to run a business. Had the business been conducted right in the first place, maybe my pics would be here and ready to be mailed out.
I will update and post what happens on the 28th.

I hope that others don't have this situation... It really stinks!!
 26th of Nov, 2007 by   Nicole H. 0 Votes
I'm not sure I would have made that big of a deal over $.77 but it's the principle of the matter. I have dealt with Walmart picture studios before and I have found that they tend to hire very unprofessional people. I have dealt with people who have no patience with children. It's like "hey, if you don't have the patience, find another job". They are getting PAID to provide the service, they aren't doing it just to be nice. Oh and most of the "photographers" take pictures like a 5 year old. I don't use them anymore.

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections