logo

AJ Interlinks
Fraud / False Promises
5. (23 mins ago)
shopon4u.com
Seller refused to help me and told that it wasn’t his responsibility

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Wal-Mart / Money Card, Peoria Complaints & Reviews - Money card from nightmare.

Wal-Mart / Money Card Contacts & Informations

Wal-Mart / Money Card

Posted:    Sheila Earhart

Money card from nightmare.

Wal-Mart
www.walmartmoneycard.com
This pre-paid money card is a joke! You can't send them an email, you can't even talk to Customer Service with out being charged 2.00 & give your ssn# on the phone (since you don't know the card # because it was shredded right after you bought it) & then still can't talk to anyone without the 2.00 charge. They literally make it impossible to get a hold of any one to talk to (unless you want to pay for it). They make it impossible to get your money back. They make it VERY DIFFICULT to cancel your account. Can't return it at Wal-Mart where you bought it. The money card has so many hidden charges (in super small print) that you can't read it even with glasses on, to read before you buy. That's pretty bad when even the people that work at Wal-Mart warn their consumers about the "Wal-Mart Money Card". Unfortunately, too late. They charge monthly fees (fees for EVERYTHING) Fees to put more money on the card. I finally had to go to the store, buy something for 1.00 & get the rest back in cash. Like I said, trying to close the account is another story. Never used the card for anything else & they make it impossible to opt-out for marketing (even though you already chose not to share your info) Everything about this card is a nightmare.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jun, 2008 by   truth 0 Votes
I do believe they are selling personal info about the card holders, since i have had the card i have received, scam lottery mails like crazy, i go to walmart to add money to the card and it wont even scan i was told i could buy a reload card to add the money, i thought now why would i do that knowing the card wont scan at walmart...duh...
 3rd of Jun, 2008 by   Jenn 0 Votes
I understand how everyone feels about this card, but it seems to me like you are talking about two (2) different walmart money cards. There is one that you can't reload (costs approx. $4.94 + to purchase) and there is the other that you can reload (costs approx. $ 8.94 to purchase). The first card I bought was the nonreload card and I had no trouble with it at all.
The next time I needed a Visa type card I decided to try WalMart's card since I had no trouble with the first. I was unaware just like the rest of you that they would want my social security number, but if you read the fine print and especially if you read the information on their website, you can see that they, at least do not give out your social...anyway, they can't- that is illegal and so far I have had no problems with it. If you are cashing a check, it costs nothing to reload the card, if you are not, then it costs and extra $4. 64 to add money... That is not that big of a deal since you are paying for the service, the privilege to have a Visa since, well let's face it, we would not be buying these cards if we had good enough credit to get a real Visa or Mastercard or whatever.
I am not trying to say they are not allitle shady on the fine print/details, it is just one of those things you should not buy until you research it like a responsible consumer. I like having the ability again to have a prepaid card while I am getting my credit back in order. A $4.94 monthly service fee is a WHOLE lot less than regular credit card companies would charge monthly for their services, and a small price to pay to be able to buy things online, etc.
This seems to me to be a classic case of "buyers beware" like you should be anyway (Common Sense)!! Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into and that the product is right for you (again, Common Sense).
This is not a SCAM in my opinion, just another way for WalMart to make money. They are a business after all and that is what businesses do.
Now I may change my mind about all of this if I decide to cancel my card and have trouble doing it, but I don't see myself doing that any time soon since it has been nothing but a good thing for me. I am truly sorry you others have had such bad luck with it, but like I said before, next time, if you can't read the fine print, it is on the internet to be easily read there too and it is the buyer's responsibility to make sure they are fully informed before making a purchase such as this.
Oh, by the way I had no problem opting out of marketing online and have had no increase in scam lottery emails...or any other spam.
Good Luck to you all and Buyers Beware! Don't rush into purchases like this...RESEARCH, READ, ASK QUESTIONS!!! (I spoke with a very helpful woman on the phone when activating my card)
I am truly sorry you had this trouble, but if you need a credit/debit card like I did and a monthly fee is not an issue with you, then by all means try the reload card. The fee schedule is online www.walmartmoneycard.com It shows the monthly fee, limits, purchase price/s, etc. And answers most any question you can think of.
again, good luck with the problems you have been having, and NO - I DO NOT WORK FOR WALMART lol I am disabled and cannot work.
 11th of Jun, 2008 by   Chuck 0 Votes
The walmart company is already rich their trying other ways to get customers money Save money live better my ass!
 17th of Jun, 2008 by   Joe 0 Votes
I've been using the card for a few months now for direct deposit of my military pay and untill recently have had virtually no problems. At first my only issue was not being able to understand the customer service representatives. I like getting things done in a timely manner so naturally this irritated me. The other problem I've ran into is an inability to utilize their online bill pay service. I am currently away from home and it could greatly improve the efficency with which I pay bills. I don't have a vehicle here and I hate buming rides. It seems like if a company is going to advertise a service they should atleast make sure they can provide it. Every time I click on a bill pay link the system kicks me back out to the login page. Its been doing this to me about two weeks now. Customer service is taking their time resolving this issue and it seems as if they are giving me the run around. Has anyone else experienced problems will the bill pay service?
 3rd of Jul, 2008 by   Cynthia J. Candelaria 0 Votes
You are right about not being able to understand the rep. They are talking to yoiu from the Phillippines and every girl that you talk to sounds identical. What I am concerned about is my direct deposit. It was suppossed to be deposited in my accoubnt as of 12:01 A.M., one minute after midnight. I callled the phone 877-937-4098 and I think I gotr charged twice because it cut me off and I thought I had to redail, but then it asked me for my zip coede. After all this heppened it turns out that customer service is closed. It should tell you 5ight away when you press the #3 button on your phone. This is the number for customer serivce option. I even went to a bank over 50 miles away. I am going to be so worried that someone ripped off my direct deposit, one of those phillippines that work there. They should be hiring people that speak english . Now I can not even log on their web site because it is no longer there! What now? This is what dissapoints me most about this world today, everybody is out to rip each other off and everything is one big lye. No one is honest (except me) that I know of that is running a busineaa or the like, even our own government! Look wheat they do, they are all a bunch of crooks too. Every single one of them. How do we teach our children what is right and wrong when rules that are meant to br followed can be changed at the drop of a hat and contradictions everywhere. Our own government is a good example of all of these things put together. It is really sad and we wonder why our world is falling apart!!
 10th of Jul, 2008 by   DIANE 0 Votes
I AM VERY PISS OFF I BROUGH MY GRANDCHILD A RELOADABLE CARD AT WALMART
BECAUSE SHE LIKES TO PURCHASE HER ON CLOTHES I PAID 8.95 WE ARE WAITING ON THE
PERSONALLIZE CARD THAT COME IN THE MAIL NOW THE RIP OFF PART SHE IS UNDERAGE
WELL WHY IN THE HELL THE LADY DIDNOT TELL US THAT WHEN SHE TAKEN THE 15 YEARS OLD MONEY THAT I GAVE HER NOW IF I WANT HER TO HAVE ANOTHER CARD I WILL HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE WELL I PAID 8.95 FOR WHAT I COULD HAVE WENT AND GOT A MALL GIFT CARD WE PUT 300.00 ON THAT DAMN CARD I AM UNHAPPY WITH WALMART MONEY CARD MY GRANDCHILD WANT HER CARD THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO COME IN THE MAIL WITH HER NAME ON IT SHE PAID FOR IT NOW THEY SAY SHE IS UNDER AGE
WELL HELL THEY SHOUL HAVE CLARFLY THAT AT THE TIME OF THE SELL I EVEN TOLD THE LADY IT WAS FOR MY 15 YEAR OLD GRANDCHILD
 13th of Jul, 2008 by   Jim Reeves 0 Votes
Beware Of The GE Wal-Mart Money Card

The following is what you are agreeing to:

“1 You must maintain value on your Wal-Mart MoneyCard (GreenDot) to pay for
each transaction and all applicable fees. If you attempt a transaction for more
than the value available on your Wal-Mart MoneyCard, the transaction may be
declined.

2 You must pay us immediately on demand if, for any reason, your
Wal-Mart MoneyCard does not have a sufficient balance to cover the amount of a
transaction and amounts owed to us.”

What 2 means is that even if you stop using the card and throw it away, if it is stolen, and a transaction is processed and approved you are liable. It is not anonymous and they know where you are.

What 1 means is that even if you have no balance or a $1, if a merchant processed a charge ligitimate or fraud you pay.

What seems to be a very simple thing, is not simple and in fact is VERY dangerous. What seems to be a safe way to control what is spent in fact is not.

A continuation of the credit card, bank, skam to rip off the consumer. No balance available does not mean no balance available, it really means May which means you get ripped first buy the fruad of merchants and then by Wal-Mart. Try fighting GE and Wal-mart for it, or jsut for the principle of it. Good Luck.

Another case of corporate giants reaching down to the most vulnerable segments of our society to bully and cheat them. There are numerous way to change May to No, but they do not choose to use these. What is it about No that they do not understand.
 13th of Jul, 2008 by   Jim Reeves 0 Votes
What is wrong with Debit Cards?

“Debit Card Nightmares

Debit cards have become a very popular way to pay for everything from fast food to rental cars. The Federal Reserve reports that debit card transactions have been growing more than 20 percent annually and have surpassed credit card transactions.

The appeal is understandable. Debit cards are quick and easy to use.

But using a debit card can cost you hundreds and even thousands of dollars. We’ll show you why you should never carry a debit card.

More Risky than Carrying Cash

In it’s 2007 Debit Issuer Study, PULSE EFT Association reported that U.S. financial institutions lost an estimated $662 million to debit card fraud in 2005. There is no end in sight.

You’d be safer carrying cash. Although you don’t have much recourse if it’s lost or stolen, but at least your loss is limited to the amount of the missing currency.

Carry a debit card, and you put the entire balance in your bank account at risk. If you link your checking account to your savings account to avoid overdrafts, you put the balance in both accounts at risk.

More Dangerous than a Credit Card

If a thief gets your credit card, the federal Truth in Lending Act limits your liability for any fraudulent credit card charges to $50. You may not have to pay even that amount, as many financial institutions don’t impose any charge on their defrauded customers. And while the theft is being investigated, you can refuse to pay any part of the unauthorized charges.

Debit cards fall under a completely different law, the Electronic Fund Transfer Act. To limit your liability to $50, you have to notify your bank within two business days of discovering that you’re debit card has been lost or stolen. Wait longer than that, but give your bank notice of the fraudulent transactions within 60 days of when your statement is mailed, and your maximum liability jumps to $500. Miss that deadline and you could lose all the money in your account.

Because the debit card accesses fund directly out of your account, you can be left without your grocery money while the fraud claim is being investigated.

The $350 Taco

One trip to Taco Bell was enough to send Joseph Rizk’s checking account into freefall.

Rizk made the mistake of paying for fast food with his debit card. He figures he spent only about $5 more than he had in his account. Unfortunately, by the time he realized there was a problem, the bank had hit him about $350 in overdraft fees. At $25 to $35 per occurrence, it’s easy to rack up hundreds of dollars in needless NSF fees.

“I overdrew, and they pretty much pummeled me with charges, ” said Rizk.

The Center for Responsible Lending, a consumer group, estimates that overdraft charges cost people about $17.5 billion each year. The center’s research reveals that about 45 percent of those overdrafts are the result of using a debit card or taking out cash from the ATM.

Banks used to refuse any debit card transaction that would overdraw a depositor’s account. But not any more. Banks could warn depositors when their accounts are close to being overdrawn. But they don’t.

Instead most financial institutions automatically enroll their depositors in a program that loans them the amount of the overdraft but at a steep price. The Center for Responsible Lending estimates that Banks that offer these lending programs can expect a sharp increase in overdraft revenues, as much as 200 to 400 percent.

Calculated as an interest rate, rather than a fee, the cost of these loans is astronomical. The average amount of a point-of-sale purchase that overdraws an account is $14.75. The average fee is more than double that amount. According to the agency, most consumers only use these loans for a few days. So on an overdraft loan, the annual percentage rate can be as high as 20, 000 percent.

In defense of this practice, bankers like to point out that it’s the responsibility of the account holders to monitor their account balances and avoid overdrafts.

Of course, that requires the account holder to know how much money is in their account.

How Can You Know Your Account Balance?

R. C. Welborn, learned the hard way about the risks of using debit cards. To make sure he didn’t overdraw his account, he checked his online bank statement. Since it showed $80 in his checking account, he fell free to make several small purchases a few days before his paycheck was deposited. Using his debit card, he bought two gasoline fill-ups, snacks and cigarettes, totaling about $65.

Although the balance in his account was more than enough to cover the price of what he bought, when he checked his account about ten days later, he found he had incurred $120 in overdraft fees.

“I couldn’t figure out what was going on, I knew I had money in the bank, ” Welborn remembered.

Like most people, Welborn didn’t know that merchants can place a pre- authorization hold on a customer’s account. In situations where the exact amount of the transaction isn’t settled when the approval is given, it makes sense a merchant would want reserve a little more to cover their transaction. If you give your debit card to a waiter, hotel clerk, car rental company, or gas station, the merchant is likely to get an approval of a higher amount to cover any tip on their service, higher purchase amount, or room service. Car rental companies that accept debit cards routinely place holds in the amount of $300 to $500.

Now Welborn understands that the pre- authorization hold the gas station put on his account resulted in overdrafts on at least six other small transactions. He estimates that he paid over $2, 000 in overdraft fees because he used a debit card.

“The quickest way to bankrupt yourself is not knowing what’s going on with your debit card, but if you don’t get a warning when you’re doing it, how to you know?” Welborn asked. “I won’t touch a debit card anymore. I do everything with cash.”

Pre-authorization holds placed by merchants are just one of the factors that make it difficult, if not impossible for a depositor to know his or her available account balance. It’s becoming more difficult to tell when a transaction hits an account.

Some debit cards allow for both signature-based debit card transactions, that, like a check, take a few days to clear, and PIN-based transactions, which hit the depositor’s account instantly. Take into account paper checks that merchants and service providers frequently convert into electronic drafts, and, without real-time account information, it’s impossible to know what’s in any checking account.

Nessa Feddis, senior federal counsel for the American Bankers Association in Washington explains that even the banks don’t have up-to-the-minute information. “We don’t have real-time transactions. There will always be outstanding transactions that the consumer has authorized but have not hit the bank.”

Comparing debit card transactions to a plastic checks, some financial institutions instruct depositors to keep track of their purchases, just like in the old days when checks and drafts were the only way to draw funds from a checking account.

But in the old days, a depositor could wait for their bank statement to reconcile their balance. Now, by the time the statement arrives, the damage may already be done.

“The debit card is really where it’s a serious problem, ” argues Ed Mierzwinski, the consumer program director of the U.S. Public Interest Research Group in Washington. “It’s harder to keep track of your balance because of the tricks banks use.”

In addition, there are no regulations or statutes that limit the amount of a pre- authorization hold, or the length of time that it can be imposed on an account.

When Penny Chaisson’s bought $20 worth of gas, the station put a hold of $75 on her account, more than 3 times the amount of her purchase. She contacted both the gas station and her bank, but each pointed a finger at the other. Even after escalating her complaint to management, it was 72 hours before the hold was released.

These holds stay in place until the bank or the requesting merchant gets around to releasing the amount held in excess of the purchase amount. Generally this takes a few days, but it could be longer.

How You Can Protect Yourself

Promptly reconciling your account to the monthly statement or monitoring your account balance on-line won’t always prevent loses associated with the use of a debit card.

There is only one solution Don’t carry a debit card. When opening a checking account, it is standard practice for a bank to send the depositor a combination debit/ATM card. However you can pick and choose the services you want to accept. If you want to avoid the risks of having a debit card, but would like the convenience of ATM access, you bank will issue you a card for just that purpose, without the debit card function.

You can always pay for your purchases with cash or a credit card, since both are safer than using a debit card.”

Quoted From: http://creditrepair.topreviewslist.com/center_column/article/Debit_Cards.html
 13th of Jul, 2008 by   Jim Reeves +1 Votes
Wal-Mart Can Ruin Your life when you write a check. In the good old days before Wal-mart and George Bush; cash meant currency or a check. But with the abuse of the financial institutions and the government it no longer means this. You think you have right and protection with a check but you don't.

If you pay for your purchase at Wal-mart with a check, the electronically convert your check through Telecheck. Well most other merchants recognized that Telecheck was a rip off service years ago. Like millions of people you think, it's a check and how convenient that they just fill it in and even give it back.

Here is what is wrong with that:
First they ask for no ID. (Guess what a gold mine this is for the crooks)
They don't even care if you sign it. Again, (Guess what a gold mine this is for the crooks)
Then you have to sign the receipt, but did you even read the fine print.
You are giving them the right to debit your account.
You are giving them the right to debit your account again for the $40 return fee should it bounce.
The scenerio is like this. The check bounces, and they charge the additional $40 to your account. Your bank charges you about $35 the first time and then another $35 the second time and the third and the fourth and so on. They can wipe out your account, ruin your credit and prohibit you from having a checking account and prohibit you from writing an account at any place that uses Telecheck. This can go on and on until they get tired of it or you are ruined.

Sure there are laws that allow you to just cover the check and the fees, and they have to file in order to prosecute you and you have time to cover every thing is you make a mistake. But, guess what you just sign away your rights.

SO WHAT EVER YOU DO, NO NOT WRITE A CHECK AT WAL-MART. THIS NIGHTMARE CAN HAPPEN TO YOU. If your check is stolen and they take it to Wal-mart you are royally screwed. If you think you are dealing with reasonable people you are wrong. This happen to me at K-Mart and it took a year and a half to get it settled.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   WayTooMuch 0 Votes
Beware Of The GE Wal-Mart Money Card
1 You must maintain value on your Wal-Mart MoneyCard (GreenDot) to pay for each transaction and all applicable fees. If you attempt a transaction for more than the value available on your Wal-Mart MoneyCard, the transaction may be declined.

2 You must pay us immediately on demand if, for any reason, your Wal-Mart MoneyCard does not have a sufficient balance to cover the amount of a transaction and amounts owed to us.

What 1 means is that even if you have no balance or a $1, if a merchant processed a charge legitimate or fraud you pay.

A continuation of the credit card, bank, scam to rip off the consumer. No balance available does not mean no balance available, it really means Maywhich means you get ripped first buy the fraud of merchants, and then by GE and Wal-Mart. Try fighting GE and Wal-mart for it, or just for the principle of it. Good Luck.

Another case of corporate giants reaching down to the most vulnerable segments of our society to bully and cheat them. There are many ways to change May to No, but they do not choose to use these. Credit card companies seem to be able to disapprove charges, if you are over your limit, if you have not paid your bill, or if they even suspect that something is not right with the charge, but not GE and Wal-Mart. What is it about No that they do not understand?

This is no different that Tote-Your-Note furniture retailers or car dealers that hide there kick back in your finance rate; if you can't make money on the merchandise make it on the financing.
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   melinda brown 0 Votes
i cant get the text about my card of the money on it
 12th of Aug, 2008 by   melinda brown 0 Votes
can you tell me how to check it onlind
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   shirley 0 Votes
I too tried to close this rediculous account. It cost me $8.69 to get the card. I was told I could not be reimbersed the money I loaded on this card, I would have to use the atm machine which charges $1 for each withdrawal (and it is a walmart atm!). My account balance was $499.00. I was only allowed to withdraw $300 in 1 days time (or $299). So that is what I did. I was also told that if I use the atm to check my balance it would cost me $20. And everytime you load money on this card, it costs you $4 plus a monthly fee of $4.69 whether you use it or not. In other words this is not my money it is Walmart's to play with as they please. I would advise anyone DO NOT PURCHASE THESE WALMART MONEY CARDS!
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   Quincy 0 Votes
I'm having a helluva time trying to get direct deposit set-up for my Wal-Mart MoneyCard. normally when you get a card from any bank they provide you your routing number and your checking account number, both in print by mail and in your online account. That is not the case with this card. On the direct deposit form Wal-Mart sends you for their money card they give you the routing number you need for GE Money Bank, a blank space for you to write in your card number, and to the right of that it says "use transaction code for checking" (instructions for Bank).

My question is what's a transaction code, and how do I give it or my checking account number to my employer if I don't even know it?? This is ridiculuous.

Most employers and services like paypal and bidpay require you to give them the name of the bank, and both your checking account and routing numbers.

What's a transaction code? --And why can't I know it????? Furthermore, why is this card so freakin' darn hard to use???

Most card support services are open 24hrs aday 7 days a week. Wal-Mart's card support is only open during business hours 7am - 6 pm (PST) . --I'm usually asleep at that time! What about us who need card support after hours????? I'm one of those people who work odd hours and can hardly find any free time to even call my mother while she's awake ... and yet if I can't access my funds on my card I have to wait for Wal-Mart MOneyCard support to open on the next business day. That's crap!

Ever since I first bought this card I've had complaints about it. My first complaint was that it was priced higher than posted on the shelf. The price I saw it said on the shelf was $3.94, but yet when I paid for the card they charged me $8.94. I disputed the charge with the cashier and her manager, and I showed them the display I found it at but they bull-headed me and refused to give me the differenece they owe me.

I was right and they were wrong.

I work as a cashier for another well-known store, and at that store if a customer found a pricing error and was able to prove it successfully, we immediately make the corrections without a dispute; We quickly settle it so that we can move on. If someone was trying to cheat us we ask them to prove to us the price they saw ... and if they can't they usually run-off and say they're going someplace else. --What's funny is that the frauds usually come back and try again. I've seen them do it many times, and they ususally don't get away with it if I can help it.

Calling Wal-Mart's customer support number isn't easy. The number is a bitch to find and heaven help the person who has vision problems and cannot read small print. The activation phone number doesn't allow you to contact a live person. The customer support number you need is printed on the back of the card.

When you first get the temporary card, it says on the printed packaging "Reloadable" but when you remove the card and examine it you see on the top it says "non-reloadable." Wal-mart MoneyCard needs to be more user friendly. WHile you have the temporary card you cannot check your account transactions online or reload. You have to have your personalized card for that.

When you first activate your MoneyCard ... remember to have your store receipt easily available, because you'll need the card activation number which is printed on the receipt. Don't lose your receipt! I lost my receipt and I couldn't use the automated activation line. The Customer support line is hard to find, costs $2.00 a call and is a pain to deal with if you can't call them during their business hours.

What annoys me the most about this card's activation process is that you have to verbally tell a human being over the phone your personal information such as your address, phone and 9 digit social security number. -- They don't want your last four digits! -- They want to hear you give them all nine, and every call is recorded wether you want it to be or not.

What if the person helping you is writing down your information so that they can steal your identity? Thank fully I have bad credit, and so they won't be able to do much damage to my credit score. I'm already screwed, but my social secority number is linked to my paychecks and my retirement funds ... I can't afford to have my stuff tampered with, because I don't have much money.

SSN numbers should never be shared over the phone with a live person. My identity has been stolen before, and so telling anything personal to anyone makes me hesitant and scared.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   Quincy 0 Votes
After I get this direct deposit issue settled to my satisfaction, I'll give the moneyCard one more chance to satisfy me. If they upset me again I will be taking my business elsewhere, and this card will be tossed in the trash.

-QUincy
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   Meaghan 0 Votes
I cancelled my card online usuing their close card page after reading the small print, I never made a purchase on it. I had upgraded from the regualr prepaid card and (much to my surprise) they sent me a $5 check today (since that's how much money it took to upgrade it) but, I wanted to make sure my account was really closed so, I tried logging in. I could still log in and when I went to close account again, it said my account was already closed, but if it was, how could I log in? makes no sense to me and it frightens me a bit. I'd never had a credit or a debit card before so I was excited for this one, but its much cheaper just buying a prepaid Visa once in a great while if you're able to spend the exact amount.
 3rd of Sep, 2008 by   waunell pool 0 Votes
i am trying to cancel my card and i cant get any one to help me i had no problem activating it but they are charging me evey month to keep it but i cant get it cancelled. can any one tell me how to get this accoplished
 1st of Nov, 2008 by   GL 0 Votes
I am having a huge problem with this money card. First of all, my direct deposit was NOT on the card at midnight, nor 1 am, it was around 10am that morning that the money finally got put into my account. Secondly, I can not find any ATM machine that will take my card, I don't know maybe I am doing it wrong. I don't know whether I am supposed to say take from checking, or credit. Then I have a problem with them wanting to charge 2.00 every time you talk to someone, so I have yet to talk to any one. When I first used my card, I had only used it once to pay off a bill, and that was my temporary card. Then I got my actual card, and didn't activate it for a month I think. Then when I go to set up the direct deposit on it I find that it's already overdrawn by 7.00, when I had only used the card once, and not even gone over on it. At any rate, I believe that this card is a rip off and when I figure out how to get the almost 500 dollars that is IN the card out of it, I am going to attempt to close it and never look back.
 28th of Dec, 2008 by   stormerF 0 Votes
What a Scam, They get you to buy a card then, want you to pay a fee, as if you agreed to it. I haven't used mine yet but have recieved it from a friend as agift, and now looks like I'll be regreting it for a long time. Spread the word, Prepaid Walmart cards are a rip off.
 2nd of Jan, 2009 by   darya freeman +1 Votes
i have recieve a walmart debt card for christmas and have yet to get the card in the mail like they said.i am quite upset about it.i cannot use something that i have not recieved.

Time Running Out for Home Buyer Tax Credit