Posted:

Bill of international calls

Today I was shocked to see my Verizon FIOS bill that charges me $160 for two international calls that last 23 minutes total. I always use dialnopin.com calling card service and dial an access number to make international calls. Verizon FIOS triple play offered an international calling plan when I signed up the service online. I declined the service because I can make international calls using the calling card access number less expensive. I thought I don’t have international calling service with Verizon. I have been using cable companies’ triple play service for the last four years. I declined their international calling plan as well and I didn’t have international calling service with them.
After spent three hours on the phone with Verizon’s customer service and toll calling department, I found out I was wrong. They keep telling me that Verizon’s policy is that if you declined a lower rate international plan, and then I agreed to get the international calling service for a standard rate. Basically Verizon is actually going to offer customers a much higher and ridiculous rate (Verizon don’t call that a PLAN) if you declined what they called an international calling PLAN, and it will not tell you that. Verizon is setting up a trap for customers since some customers don’t want it to make a monthly fee and don’t like its high rates in their “PLAN”. Now if you kids or anybody in your house accidently dialed an international call (or if you think you called an access number of calling card and Verizon says you did not), then you will be shocked when you received your next bill.
Verizon said its policy is that if you declined a lower rate plan for international calling service, then you are going to get the international calling service for a standard rate, and there is no credit and adjustment for that charge. In order to show how ridiculous is this, let’s try the following example: I set up a website and put an advertisement on Google. The Ad says there is a promotion on my website that I am selling a 24” LCD monitor for $100 although the market price is $200. Now many people will come to visit my website and buy the LCD monitor. During the checkout there are 10 pages of “terms and conditions” in a box and below it have two buttons “accept” or “decline”. Many people will just click accept and buy the monitor. After that, the website offered Samsung 52A650 LCD TV for $1500 plus $500 shipping and handling fee. The market prices anywhere else for it is from $1600 to $2400. Many customers will decline the offer and finish the checkout for the $100 LCD monitor. One week later, the 52A650 LCD TV is shipped to your house along with the $100 LCD monitor and you are charging the standard price of $3000 for the 52A650 LCD TV without any shipping and handling fee. The customer will be angry and call the customer service, and the customer service representative will tell him that the website’s policy is as soon as you visit buy the $100 LCD monitor, you agreed to buy the 52A650 LCD TV as said in the “terms and conditions”. If you didn’t accept the promotional offer of $1000 for the TV and $1000 for the shipping and handing fee, you agreed to get it with the standard price. By the way, you agreed it in the “terms and conditions”. I believe I will get rich this way very quickly if I can rip off people like this legally.
Don’t you get it, Verizon? If people don’t accept your international calling plan, they don’t want your “international calling plan”, and they are not accepting a ridiculous higher rate “international calling plan”.

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

26th of Oct, 2006 by    0 Votes

Verizon - I was lied to and still I cannot receive any calls

My phone cannot ring when calls are coming in. It's over a week now , I have been calling repair service many, many times. Finally I asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that Saturday, Oct. 7th, 2006 a repairman would be at my home between 8am to 7Pm . I waited all day and called several times to know the status and they told me the same thing , he will be here. I had to pick up my medication and couldn't do so because I was afraid I would miss the technician.

No one had called me with any information. They had my cell phone number. I waited , and I waited, all that time. Finally I was told they missed my home. I cannot believe that Verizon gets away with this kind of service. I am a senior citizen, and need my phone working properly.

I am so annoyed and feel so frustrated that I was lied to and still I cannot receive any calls.
 29th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Refused to refund my money

I had wanted to switch service over to Verizon VoiceWing. I was told by voicewing that they would take card of everything and I need not call Vonage to cancel.

After my number was transfered over to Voicewing, I watched my checking account. In November I was charged for Vonage. I called and they told me that my wife had to call because the account was under her name. I let it go for a while and then called back in December and got the same response. I finally told my wife to call and they refused to refund the month of November and part of October. They told her that the account was still available for our use. I then proceeded to call back and raise Hell. I told the stupid Indian (or what ever they were) customer service rep that the line was not available because the number was switched. The wind up was that Vonage refused to refund the month and a half because we called too late. I threatened to write an editorial in the paper about them, which I will do. I then explained that if nothing is done to my satisfaction, I will proceed with legal action and they told me to go right ahead. Whatever you do, do not get Vonage service. I am also going after my new company and speak to them about their policy of not contacting Vonage to cancel.
 19th of Jan, 2007 by    0 Votes
I ordered FIOS services for telephone, television and internet. The representative said there were absolutely no installation charges and a 30 day money back guarantee. When I received my bill it had a charge for $75 installation. When I called about it they said I was locked into a one year contract and they refused to remove the charge. Speaking with a supervisor failed to remove the charge.
 25th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
Sub: Verizon will not correct billing error

1st bill-July 18.06 $198.28 / Paid $198.28 Aug 1 06
2nd bill-Aug. 18,06 $93.13 Paid $76.68 Aug.30 06 (Verizon adjustment $16.45 plus $5.00 late fee-feature billed not authorized)

3rd bill-SEPT. 18,06 $116.47 Paid 96.47 10-6-06
( Above adjustment not made/Verizon agreed to adjust only $20.oo- $9.05 short of the actual credit due.)
4th bill-SEPT 19,06 $77.42 ( No payment due second bill for Sept.)

5th bill-Oct 19, 06 $77.42 Paid $77.42 11-10-06
(The first accurate bill sent by Verizon)
6th bill Nov. 19, 06 $159.84 Paid $77.42 1-5-07
(Verizon picked up the extra Sept. bill plus 2-$5.00 late fees making billing balance of 82.42)
Balances continue without adjustments
 9th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Poor service!

My wife and I have been having the Verizon wireless service for almost a year now on a 2-year agreement. My wife carries a Motorola Q phone and she recently took International roaming service from Verizon so she can be in touch with her clients while traveling abroad.

When she took the International roaming service, Verizon even offered us a plan to make local calls in the country she was traveling to. However, we decline but we did take the International roaming service to receive calls from US and to make calls to US from other countries.

When she reached the other country, she was able to receive calls from US but she could not make outgoing calls to US. So I called the Verizon support center and asked them what could be wrong. To my utter surprise they told me that Motorola Q was not an International phone.

Uhh!!! I told them than how come she is able to receive the calls from US? I did not get any definitive answer. All the support person said it is not international phone and he could not helped.

My question to him was then why they did not inform us when they enabled the international roaming service? They could have warned us prior to leaving US that the Motorola Q would not worked.

I am very disappointed by Verizon and would like to get out of their 2-year agreement.
 15th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
In February of 2007, I downloaded Windows Live Messanger, and was given the choice of buying web calling service through Verizon. I bought 25.00 worth of minutes and was given an account number. All was working fine, until my computer crashed and I had to reload my OS. After downloading Windows Live Messanger agian, I found that the program did not recognize my Verizon account number. i have been on the phone with both Verizon and Microsoft multiple times, as well as had numerous technical service "cases" with both companies, non of which have solved the problem. What is worse, no one that I have spoken to at Verizon even knows anything abouit the web calling service. I even tried to sign up anew for the service, but cannot do that because Verizon no longer accepts VISA/Mastercard. If anyone else has had similar problems, please respond by e-mail to Angie's list. I would love to initiate a class-action suit at this point.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Verizon have disconnected my Internet without informing me. I was paying bill on time every month and they still disconnect my service on Thursday 13th, 2007 around 5AM and Still up till now they have not resolved it. and it's 10:35am on Monday Sept, 17th, 2007.

My Business + my Phone are both down causing me loosing business for past 5 days. I think if you do care about your business then do get alternative solution who care about your business and not these irresponsible service provider - VERIZON. DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEN... THEY SUCK BIG TIME!

- I have called 10 times already but they told me friday around 4:45pm that there business department is close they can't help! EXCUSE ME ! THIS IS FREAKING BUSINESS LINE AND IT SHOULD BE UP ALL THE TIME ! SO THE REP HANGUP PHONE ON ME WITH OUT HELPING ME OUT...

I CALLED AGAIN ON SAT TO SEE IF SOMEONE WILL HELP ..BUT THEY UPGRADED MY TICKET AFTER WAITING FOR 2 HRS ON PHONE... AND REP TOLD ME THAT THE NETWORK ENGINEER DOESN'T WORK OVER THE WEEKENDS SO... I HE CAN'T HELP ME OR TROUBLE SHOOT THIS... FURTHER. I THINK THEY SHOULD PAY FOR ALL MY BUSINESS LOSS AND FRUSTRATION AND DEPRESSION THEY CAUSED ME ! I AM VERY UPSET WITH THERE SERVICE...

EVEN IF THEY GIVE ME SOME DIAL UP THAT TIME I WAS ABLE TO DO SOME TEMP WORK OVER THESE PAST DAYS... VERIZON DIDN'T HELPED ME AT ALL AND AS PRETENDED THAT THEY DON' T CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMER...

SO MY BEST ADVICE IS 'GET OUT FROM THERE TRAP' BEFORE YOU SUFFER LIKE ME! AND LOOSE YOUR BUSINESS...

- AND GOOD LUCK TO U ALL THE GOOD BLESS YOU.
 9th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Fraud & cheating!

Verizon has been selling debts to Afni Collection company whenever people cancel their telephone. These are phony debts, always with a mistake like a non existent old address or name or telephone number - this no doubt to allow plausible denial if needed. These debts are beyond the statutes of limitation and Afni leverage for collection is ruining your credit. I am a victimized senior citizen. In fact my 'phone was not disconnected - only an attempt by a vindictive person to cancel my account. I still have the same number and only my current month billing owing. I have sent in complaints to the US Postal Service and the FBI. No replies. It may be a Verizon employee with a lucrative sideline, but I can get no co-operation from Verizon in tracking him/her down. Therefore, this complaint is against Verizon, instead of the debt collector. See many complaints against the collector, Afni on this forum. The BBB has 792 complaints against them to. But I doubt they are the culprits, because this is the second time I have been victimized by Verizon. I will happily co-operate in any class action suits. I will also be actively looking for legal revenge.
 27th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Terrible customer service!
Verizon

Verizon FiOS has the worst Customer Service department that I have ever encountered. The automated assistance BEFORE you talk to a human is completely unprofessional and useless. After holding from 30 minutes to 3 HOURS and talking to a warm body - my issues still were not resolved. I scheduled a technician to come to my house between 1 and 5 pm - they showed up at 11:30 AM and left. It has taken me another 3 hours of holding and speaking to a technician and a supervisor to reschedule my appointment. Unbelievable. Completely unprofessional! I will be going back to COMCAST if this the way that the FiOS Customer service is going to be.
 31st of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Technicians not arriving!
4000 91st Ave
Springdale
Maryland
Phone: 301-322-1407/301-594-1236

On December 29, 2007, Verizon was scheduled to come to my residence between 8am - 5pm to install the FIOS Triple Play. The technicians never showed up or called. The technician did not have enough decency to make a courtesy call. My husband stayed home all day and missed work, which involved a day of not getting payed. Verizon, this is bad business. I've never had anything like this happen with the company before. In addition, I could not get the proper help/information from customer service, dispatchers, managers, and billing departments that were all involved. I spent more than 30 minutes on hold and then had to be transferred to another number which I was on hold again.
 15th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Idearc Media screw ups

My problems are going into year two. I had dealt with the same Verizon rep for years and after Idearc took over, I was assigned to someone else even though I have come to find out that my old rep is still working for them. The new rep first offered to match the prices from a competitor directory so I agreed. I have since learned that he was not authorized to do that. We were supposed to have a 2 inch box ad in two directories as well as their Superpages site. When the first book came out our ad was not in it. Instead, they put a regular line listing in the book and started billing me $6.00 more per month than I was supposed to pay for the box ad that they neglected to publish. I am also being billed for the second box ad that was supposed to go into a directory for a large city to our north that I have found out that they don't even print a directory for that city. It appears that this new sales rep knew that he could not give me the ad for the rate quoted, so he basically put in the listing that was closest in price to what we had agreed upon. This mistake has cost us between $40,000 & $50,000 in lost revenue and they don't seem to care. I have also been turned over to collections because I refuse to pay the bill because I did not receive what was contracted. I have had to turn this over to my attorney. Their solution to this was to offer me a free ad in the next directory. We are now at that stage and I can get the free directory as long as I purchase another box ad in a different category. What is wrong with these people. They know they screwed up but they still want their money.
 5th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I purchased a verizon cell phone. They initially sent my first bill to the wrong city. They said they would get the corrected bill out to me asap. Didn't receive my first bill for approx 6 weeks. My first bill was for 2 months plus a late charge. I contacted a manager in a attempt to resolve the problem. I decided to terminate their services... to expenses... the manager waived the early termination fee of $170,00, and tells me to wait for my final bill... they bill 30 days in advance... should receive a credit... my next bill was for the exact amount... they continued to bill me for this amount... now i receive a collection notice for $308.53. please advise... I'm willing to pay for one month of service $99.00.
 5th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Scam and cheating!
Verizon

I am not affiliated with Verizon, but I wish to help those who are having customer service issues with Verizon. If you are having issues with Verizon, and have not had it resolved after waiting at least two weeks... please contact me. Whether it is a customer service issue or a problem relating to the rebate, please contact me. E-mail me your first and last name, last four digits of your phone number, and your state of residence (where you get Verizon service). Please include the word 'Verizon' in your subject. E-mail me at VERIZONREBATE@gmail.com

I am NOT affiliated with Verizon in any way, shape, or form. I am simply compiling information and will forward it to proper regulatory agencies.

Consumer Advocate.
 11th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Unfulfilled commitments!
New Jersey

On Feb. 4, two installers came to my home to install FIOS TV, phone and Internet service. They told me they would be working outside for a few hours before coming in to make connections, etc. After a while, I noticed there had been no sounds of activity anyplace. I also noticed the absence of my indoor pet. I went to the basement to check where the men had last been working. They were gone, with my basement door and garage door left wide open to the outdoors. I looked for their truck in back of our house and in front as well, but the truck was gone too. However, I did see my indoor pet outside at the edge of our property. Thankfully, I was able to retrieve him, avoiding a heartbreaking disaster, before he reached the nearby highway. When the men returned, they said they had gone to lunch. Common courtesy would be to tell me and to at least shut the doors behind them. They continued their “installation” , spending the next 1 ½ hours in their truck. When they finally came back inside, they began to connect the TV, DVD player, and the new STB box. They told me that my TV was broken and that the DVD player could not be connected; they said there was “no audio”. They told me I would need to disconnect the wires from the box and transfer them onto the DVD player in order to ever view a DVD. I asked them how this could be, when everything worked fine the night before. They told me to get the TV repaired, or get a new one. I asked them to please try again-maybe it was their wires. They said their wires were just fine, and folded them up and took them away. They used my old red, white, and yellow wires to connect the new box to the TV. I asked them for help setting up my Outlook e-mail and for the phone number for the voice messaging system. They told me they could not help and to call the toll free number. There was no paperwork for me to review or to sign off on, and they left, taking the new wires with them.
Although I waited on hold for one hour that evening and I was given the wrong voicemail phone number, these issues were resolved that evening, for the most part.

The following day, I called to see about the cables the installers had taken away, thinking I might need them if I got the TV repaired, or when I received my new free Fios TV from Verizon. I spoke to Nick Massi, who transferred me to a Ms. Tolliver, who transferred me to Cassandra. Cassandra assured me that, based on the ticket written by Nick, a field supervisor would be contacting me to come out and review the work done. No one contacted me that day or the next.

I was able to connect all three devices, TV, DVD player, and STB box together so that they worked. The problem now was that the DVD only played in black and white- no color. By Wednesday, Feb. 6, there was still no call. I called again and spoke to Michelle. She assured me repeatedly that the field supervisor would absolutely be calling me by 10 AM the next day. By 11 AM the next day, Feb. 7, the only call I got was one regarding voicemail, stating the problem seemed to be fixed. The repair person who left this message said there was no alternate number at which to reach me, even though I had given my cell phone number three times. However, there was still no call from the supervisor and no cables from Verizon. I called and spoke to Maggie. She had me hold while she was on hold waiting for a supervisor in DRC. We both were on hold for 35 minutes. She came back on to say she would connect me with her supervisor, Scott R. Scott told me he’d call me back in 30 minutes or less, while he contacted DRC. After 45 minutes, he called to tell me that a field supervisor would definitely contact me in the next “couple of hours”. This was at 12:43 PM. Scott had told me I’d be able to reach him at the toll free number by just asking for Scott R. By 11 AM the next day, Feb. 8, when there was still no call, I tried to reach Scott and nobody had heard of him. I spoke to Andrew. He checked and told me a field tech would be calling me and coming here in one hour. This time the tech Dan Bartkowicz, KO1, did call, but did not have the cables on his truck, nor was he familiar with video. He said he’d call me back. After waiting 30 minutes, I called him back and he said maybe a different tech would get this assignment and he was waiting to hear. At that point, I insisted to be connected to the field supervisor. He had me hold on again. When he came back on, he told me that he and another tech would be over in a few minutes. Brian May, OD3, was the other tech. They brought in the same wires the first installers took away, and connected everything successfully in minutes, including color on the DVD player. These two techs were gracious and knowledgeable and should be commended for their quick response and customer service. They were patient and asked me more than once of I had any other questions.

I realize this letter may take a while to read, as it took me a while to write. Each time I phoned Verizon, the wait time was long and each time I had to repeat this whole story. The experience was horrendous!
 15th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have had more problems with verizon for many reason I have had IT and hope I can resolved these problems myself, I was treated as a piece of you know what, I was laughed at by a supervisor because I was telling her my problem, THEN called a lier, I was back up on my phone and internet bill for a while, and in January of this year I paid them all in full about 1000.00 dollars, everything was current, now not even a month later my phone is being charged for long distance when i don't have it, my internet was trying to come off my credit card of the amount of 136.00 after I paid them 21.00 two days after I paid them a thousand dollars which by the way they just charged my credit card without letting me know, then THEY kept charging my account with money I didn't owe them , they suspend my online saying I owed them since december, AND LET ME REMIND YOU MY SERVICE WAS DISCONNECTED IN NOVEMBER. This is when they said your credit card was declined in december and january, and I said no I DIDNT HAVE A CREDIT CARD IN DECEMBER, how do I owe you people this when I paid you in full in january, I have been current, they argued and laughed and I still paid the 57.00 I didn't owe them, I am being scammed out of money I don't have, anyone in there right mind would not pay over 230.00 in three weeks of internet bill its unheard of. IF SOMEONE HAS ANY INFO HOW TO STOP THIS PLEASE EMAIL ME AT shawnagirard@verizon.net. I HAVE CONTACTED THE NEWS STATION ON THIS AND HOPE FOR AN INVESTIGATION.
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Legal revenge? Against who?

Afni is merely doing their job in collecting on behalf of Verizon.

And yes Afni has purchased the debts, but it still doesnt mean you dont owe the bill.

Dont let the age of the account discourage you from paying an old bill.

I understand you are upset by getting an old bill, but the fact of the matter is, it is all legal.
Afni is following the FDCPA collection laws.

As for Verizon, it is up to them when they want to place accounts with Afni.

As for the statute of limitations... it doesnt apply to Afni. They can legally collect on the life of the account. The only thing they cant do is put it on your credit, or take legal action.

So relax.

Thank you.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
About 8 months ago I switched my internet/tv service from Comcast to Verizon FIOS. One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. For six months I've been unable to get a problem resolved. I built a website using their site builder tool. I created a website and then wanted to delete it. I deleted the site but the URL is still active and it still consumes my webs space allocated.

But the situation is: I have never seen such poor customer service in my entire life. It takes forever to contact them. Then when you finally get through they have no idea of how to resolve an issue. They then transfer you to a useless voice menu or disconnect you. I also had issues with my TV service and I spent days on hold trying to get in contact with the correct representative. The wrong state. The wrong department. I'll transfer you. Disconnected. Start all over again.

I have NEVER seen such incompetence in customer service. If FIOS was now offered to me for free, with what I now know, I would still refuse them. I have spent more time on the phone with Verizon trying to get issues resolved in one month than I did in 5 years with Comcast.

I've had it with Verizon. They were so eager to get their product online as quickly as possible that they never set up a customer service base.
 21st of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Verizon has billed me for over a year of landline and internet service that were not provided, amounting to $2000. An outside contractor confirmed that the cable line run by Verizon to my condo when my building was built is faulty and that this is the reason I NEVER had a dial tone on a phone line Verizon insisted was fine and have NEVER had internet service for an account Verizon said was functioning.

I called Verizon more than half a dozen times prior to my deployment to Baghdad in November 2006 and was told each time that the service was fine. At one point, an independent contractor confirmed that the phone line Verizon was charging me for was not even connected to my building. After pressure, Verizon reimbursed for the months of unprovided service for which I had been billed to that point.

Verizon never sent someone to test the service in my condo. Verizon never responded to my written correspondence. Since then I tried to change my phone and internet service to another provider and Verizon held up the transfer of phone line without a reason. Even after the account was switched, I continue to be billed by Verizon for landline and internet service.

I filed a complaint with the DC Public Service Commission that their staff eventually stopped pursuing after being slow rolled by Verizon for more than 6 months. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau that is still active. Verizon has outright lied to the BBB, stating that they have cleared up this complaint with me directly. It has taken three letters to the BBB to reply to this and keep the complaint active.

Verizon wrote the BBB a letter saying that the fact that I paid the bills for service not provided was proof that I was receiving service. I then did not pay a bill. Verizon immediately put a negative mark on my credit report.
 26th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have been with Verizon DSL for at least four years. I had the usual kinds of problems until last Dec. I was one of the first to sign on to their phone, TV, and computer deals. Since then I've had nothing but problems. A part of the deal was the award of a 19" flat screen TV. We paid for four boxes with only three TV's as we expected to use the other box for the TV they were going to give me. From Dec. till now I've not got any help resolving this problem. Our TV's loose sound and picture on a periodic basis and we can get no help. I talked 5 of my friends into connecting to Verizon and they all have their incentives and yet all I can get is the run around. I did talk to a lady yesterday who's name is Chelsey that is located in Washing State at phone # 1-877-500-3904 who at least seemed to want to help me. She is the only one who has. I'm located in Zephyrhills, Fl. 33542, that's a long way away. No and I do mean no one has cared about any problem. So if verizon can't keep up with their customers then they need to stop signing them up. I'm just about ready to pay the $199.00 and tell them to come get their equipment. I would sue them for breach of contract if I could afford it.
 11th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Verizon - Long distance charges complaint
www22.verizon.com

We received our bill from Feb-Mar'08 and we were so mad when we got $128.80 charges for a 24-minute call in the Philippines. The second 30-min call for the same number was only charged $4.80. My husband call five days in a row last week and he spoke to different persons because they keep transferring him to another department, sometimes they will just cut the line when you already spent more than an hour waiting on hold especially when it's almost 6pm and they cannot decide what to do about the complaint. They told us they will give us a call about it and they never did. I called this morning again and my effort was useless again because after talking to two different persons for almost an hour, the line was cut again. Calling overseas for 35 minutes would only cost $5.00 prepaid card and that $128.80 for 24mins was ridiculous.

Verizon is only good when you asked them to add new services, they are fast to attend to your request; but if billing is in question then expect the worst. We were so upset, disappointed and mad about what happened. We were diligent in paying our dues in full every month and we are good customers that's why it so frustrating that they cannot help us in time of need when the fault was with them.

Please help us. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Verizon Logo Verizon