logo

HEALTHY BACK INSTITUTE
CONTINUTED BILLING
5. (2 hrs 5 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fake charge and they sent me wrong contact info

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Poor Service

TJMAXX
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
TJMAXX.com
I bought a comforter just before closing last night. Upon rising this morning I placed the comforter on my bed. I immediately noticed a strong chemical odor from the comforter. I placed the comforter back in its package and returned it to the store. Upon arriving at the store the return clerk whispered to the other clerk and said what did you do to it? I said I did nothing to it as I only had it out of the bag to place it on my bed. She said she can't take anything back that was used. I said it wasn't used. Taking it out of the bag to place it on the bed isn't using it. Remember it was less than 12 hours since purchasing it! She smelt the comforter. She called her manager. She stated: " just this once they would take it back " What the Heck???? I do not make many returns to stores. The store policy states a 30 day return policy with receipt. I asked to speak with the store manager Laura Lacey. I waited a few minutes for her to come speak with me. She did not come out. I told the clerks I would contact corporate headquaters with my complaint of poor service which I did. Corporate said they would contact the manager. I hope they get her and the store some training on good customer relations. I don't think in this uncertain economy any store can treat a customer loke this and stay in business. There are many other high end discount stores offering merchandise to put up with this kind of poor service. I will be shopping elsewhere. BUYER BEWARE should you ever want to return something to the TJ MAXX store in this western Wisconsin city. Sincerely, Dissatisfied Customer with six figure income
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Aug, 2008 by   jay 0 Votes
ive worked for tj maxx in des moines ia for 5 yrs, and there should have been no issue returning your item. I think i know why they didnt want to though, you see any bedding at all that has been opened we can not resell we have to send it to charity, probably just a greedy manager. im sorry for your visit there, but i hope if your ever in des moines you visit our store.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   ana 0 Votes
while you have a legitimate gripe, your "six figure income" is neither here nor there. it is simply proof of your condescending self important attitude.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   amazome +1 Votes
Although it isn't your fault, you have to understand that the people don't like to return things that smell funny, are dirty, or torn because it means they have to throw them away and they lose money on it -- especially with an old comforter set.

Looking at how recent the purchase was, and hearing your story, you shouldn't have had as much of a problem returning it as you did.
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   burnedagain 0 Votes
i work for this company & we are told not to return items. if at all possible yet give customer satisfaction. some sense that makes.. the "we will do it this time" is the standard answer but will always give it to you/ I agree u have a complaint. make a fuss complain to corporate
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   Strngrinmscw 0 Votes
I work at TJ Maxx in Greenfield (or I used to, just transferred downtown.) I have witnessed that situation plenty of times while on register. The manager was probably doing straight up poor service. We have to take back everything, and if theres a stain sometimes..RARELY we wont accept it regardless of whatever is on it...its just we typically get a lot of scammers and bogus people that just want money back for something like a house bill or something and unwillingly gave it up and it was just disgusting.. .. i mean for gods sake we even return underwear! (although we usually zero it out, no one can trust a stranger with returned underwear!!)
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   Heather Sutton 0 Votes
Although I do agree that most people are good people I do have to say that over the last thirteen years at the three TJ Maxx stores I have worked for there have been so many "bad" returns and dishonest customers that it makes the stores look long and hard at customers
trying to return a comforter that is out of the packaging and "smells funny" It is such a shame that dishonest people are the reason that good and honest people like you have been given a hard time. I am sorry this happened to you and angry at all of those people out there that do try to scam us and make life harder for our loyal customers in the long run.
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   lmmad +1 Votes
I advise everyone not to buy bedding from TJmaxx. There is nothing worse than taking a comforter set home,
pulling it out of the bag, and smelling ass all over it where someone has used it and returned it. Then upon returning it to the store because you do not want to smell someone else's butt on your cover, TJ Maxx's ignorant cashiers automatically assumes it was YOU who used it, and refuses to take it back.

Things You Should Never Buy New