logo

$37

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Auto Center, Cupertino, California Complaints & Reviews - Irresponsible Service

Sears Auto Center Contacts & Informations

10101 Wolfe Road
Cupertino, California
Phone: 4088646628
sears.com
On 11/03/2008, I went to Sears in Cupertino to get four tires replace on my car. At the time, the service person recommended the Road Hazard Plus Agreement and I purchased it. The total cost was $511.76.
I have noticed the driver side rear tire had been losing air slowly but I usually could just pump the air and it was fine to drive for another two or three week before it got low again.
Since my commute to office is long, I decided to have Sears to take a look at it on 11/15/2009. If indeed it was a flat tire, Sears should be able to fix it and under the road hazard plus agreement I would pay nothing.
Two hours later, I went back to pick up the car. The service person told me that the tire was good and the repair was done to fix the flat. It was all good and I did not need to pay for anything.
What I did not realize that I did need to pay for something, my life almost.
As it turned out the good tire that Sears claimed to fix and good to go got totally flat on Monday when I was on the way home. I did not suspect it was the tire causing the noise. When I got home, the tire seemed to be totally flat. i called AAA to come and help me to replace the tire with the spare one. He told me that the tire was no good any more.
I drove the car to Sears after AAA put the spare on and left the car there as the store was closing. The technician called me next day and informed me that the tire was damaged and could not be repaired. I would need to get a new one. I told him to have the manager call me because Sears told me the day before the tire was good and the flat problem was fixed. Now, I was told that I needed to get a new one (and I know it would cost me two tires instead just one.)
The manager called and claimed it was nothing to do with Sears. Now, he blamed it was the manufacture's problem. If it was manufacture's problem, why was I not informed on Sunday? Why did Sears tell me now? I understand no one wants to admit he or she makes a mistake and always try to blame to someone else. Sears tried to blame it to me first, then they found out I left the car the day before for the problem that they were supposed to fix. Now they blamed it to the manufacture. I guess they thought I got the tires somewhere else. I told the manager that I got the tires at Sears. If he wanted to blame the manufacture, it was fine but Sears needs to replace it for me as I purchased four tires there.
The way Sears doing business is totally unprofessional. I almost put my life in danger not aware what they had done to the car that Sears told me the tires were fine. If something were happened on Monday, Sears would be totally liable.
All I asked now is for Sears to get my car fixed and return it to me. I just couldn’t believe Sears tried to get out of paying for the damage. If I were informed the tire was not good, I would go and get both tires replaced. Because of Sears’ ignorance and irresponsible, I got one totally damaged tire and one good one that I have to replace. And Sears tries to get out paying for anything.
If this is how Sears does business, believe me, words travel fast, especially at WWW era. For me, I would probably go to Costco for tire services now from now on despite Sears is close to where I live.
Comments United States Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

5 Ways to Save on Home Remodeling