logo

Phony Psychics

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Quest Diagnostics SCAM!, Springfield, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - False billing - SCAM!

Quest Diagnostics SCAM! Contacts & Informations

Quest Diagnostics SCAM!

Posted: 2011-12-28 by    Theylovetotryscammingme

False billing - SCAM!

Quest Diagnostics
Springfield, Massachusetts
Phone: 18002532743
questdiagnostics.com
I just received an automated voicemail from Quest's "billing department." First of all, if this was a legitimate invoice that I owed a payment on, I would think that a real live person would call me. Second of all, I never had any services provided to me by Quest Diagnostics or at any of their local facilities. Thirdly, I never received a paper invoice in the mail. So here I am all worried that I owe some kind of crazy money from an old blood test or something. So I go on their website and type in the invoice # and lab # that they provided me in their automated message. For some reason, they can show me a fake invoice and how to read it, but they won't show me "my" invoice unless I provide them with my name, social security #, telephone #, and date of birth. Oh and get this: you can make a one time payment without logging in using your invoice # and credit/debit card, but you have to enter in the amount that you want to pay. I pay ALL of my bills online and I have NEVER seen this type of set up before. Typically, an online bill will show you the total amount that you owe and it'll ask you if you want to pay the full balance, minimum payment, or other amount. Online bill pay will usually show you you're bill or statement, too. This is crap. I don't care how many facilities they have, this is a SCAM! They better not call me again. I don't have time to argue with an automated voice.
Comments United States Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Feb, 2012 by   ruth.b 0 Votes
Quest has sent me a check out of nowhere for $19.49. I won't cash it as it has no explanation why. I assumed this must be something like a settlement for a pending class action case. Quest has billed, double billed, and charged me for services they do not explain. I know they owe us oodles of money in fraudulant billing. I hope they have to repay all they have stolen and triple pay for illegal fees. I am in Massachusetts.
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   Cocorite 0 Votes
Quest Diagnostics have been sending me a bill for lab work requested by my GP. I decided to call after receiving their 'Third Notice' and explained that there was no contractual obligation between them and myself: There was one between my GP and Quest and another between the GP and myself. Threats and arrogance followed. On the following day, my wife received a call from Quest that informed they were sending the bill to collections. I called the GP's office and was advised to forward the bill to that office. I placed a courtesy call to let Quest know what I was advised by the GP's office. Quest maintained that they were sending the bill to Collections. What is it that Quest personnel fail to understand?
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   vinimoza 0 Votes
Hi

I have called in multiple times and it has been over a year this issue has been going on.

I have conferenced my insurance and provided EOB, got confirmation from Quest taht i would be getting $200 back, the payment was made double both from me and my insurance.

every time i call i get a response it is being processed. Does it a year to process a payment of $200? Is quest helping patients in this way? would i be given interest on my payment?
if we dont pay a bill you move it to a collection agency and affect my credit history? where should i move this case too ? does it not affect your credibility ?

I would ensure to post this in all sites so that everyone knows the way you deal with customers with false claims.
Also i am reporting this to my company HR and insurance company. I personally would not use Quest services hereafter.

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States