logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
vass siding co., aluminum design & Hank
Actualy Extreamly Pleased With Hank & VASS!!!
2. (1 mins ago)
Clark Shoes
Soles fall apart!
3. (6 mins ago)
Attorney Gary Saunders
False Advertisement
4. (42 mins ago)
DirtyPhoneBook
Refuse to remove my phone-number!
5. (49 mins ago)

Office Depot

Posted: 2011-02-23 by    Todd Ramirez

service

Georgia
i have been in office depot many times as i am often on the road with my job and need the printing services they provide. it has always seemed very impersonal but im willing to overlook some things for the sake of getting the job done. however, i went into an office depot just last week and was surprised to see the level of incompetence achieved in this one location. i was 3rd in line to get some things copied and the two people in front of me had relatively sizeable jobs and the poor girl behind the counter was extremely frustrated and overwhelmed. i watched as her co-workers would come behind her counter and service their own needs, seeing she was overwhelmed and yet went about their own business. after 30 minits of waiting, i had noted 5 other employees just standing around. i even stopped one guy and he told me he would be right with me, he went halfway down the aisle and stood there for the next 5 minits. then he walked over to a computer screen so he would at least look busy. i even tried to make copies on their self serve copiers but they wanted credit card only and i wasnt gonna spend $1.20 on a credit card for copies. finally in my frustration, i asked the question that got the best response. "where is the nearest OfficeMax?" so they gave me directions and i was in and out of OfficeMax in less than 5 minits... thanks Office Depot, youre the best employee OfficeMax has.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2011 by   Rafael26 +1 Votes
Only certain trained associates are able to do a printing service correctly.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   mtrlrainman 0 Votes
The previous comment is correct. Only a few associates in the store are certified to use the Xerox machines. They do that to help insure the quality and accuracy of the print job for the customer.
 10th of Apr, 2011 by   ODguy 0 Votes
being one of those trained employees I do understand how frustrating it could be to wait because of how busy it is.

I wish more employees were trained back in CPD, but if an untrained associate tries to help it usually ends up making it worse.

if a place is busy, you're gonna wait. doesn't matter where you are.
 26th of Apr, 2011 by   odtech 0 Votes
I just recently quit my job at Office Depot after being there for 2 years as a tech associate. All I'm going to say is that your problem is primarily with corporate, not the associates. As previously mentioned, not everyone in the store works in copy/print. Sure, they may be able to help out with simple copies or something but anyone other than a copy/print worker back there usually just gets in the way or messes something up. At my store we had only one person working in copy/print 80% of the time. At least you didn't blame the copy/print associate for being slow like most people so rudely do. It's the same way in tech. I'll have 4 people waiting on me to check what kind of ink they need or to help with routers while I'm diagnosing someone's computer... And no one else is there to back me up. The guy that brushed you off was wrong though. He should've apologized for the wait and explained what I just did, but he was one of the people that the store manager shouldn't have hired apparently.

Black Friday Shopping and New Computer Scam