logo
search

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.pencilkings.com
It was impossible to draw. Too many students
2. (4 mins ago)
Aarp
Unauthorized debits to your account
3. (6 mins ago)

Norton Anti - Virus Complaints & Reviews - Will not cancel automatic renewal

Symantec Contacts & Informations

Norton Anti - Virus

Posted:    Travelling

Will not cancel automatic renewal

Nrton/Symantec
Botswana
For 2 years I have been trying to cancel my Norton anti-virus. When my computer crashed, I was unable to re-install it, so I ended up buying a different anti-virus. Norton keeps sending me E-Mails that they're "renewing" a product I don't even have, and they keep charging me $70.00 Canadian. I never authorised automatic renewal, and I keep E-mailing them to stop. They will not acknowledge me or write back. The renewal E-Mail says you can cancel by clicking on "Cancel automatic renewal" on a drop down menu on the left, in the Norton website. But that option does not exist. If you E-Mail their customer service, you get only a standard automatic reply saying they are processing your request, but you never get an actual reply. I keep E-Mailing my bank, requesting them to stop the payment but Norton keeps getting the money anyway. Doesn't anyone know how to stop this?? Isn't it illegal?
Comments Botswana Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Mar, 2008 by   Barb Bowman 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Charged my credit card without my consent to renew!
California

Norton charged my credit card and renewed my anti virus without my consent. I was charged over $70 2 years ago and was unable to use the anti-virus software because my email would not work with it.
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   william boisvert 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - renewal without permission
home
467 foot hills road
Higganum
Connecticut
Phone: 860- 345-4892

My anti-virus was renewed wiothout my permission and my credit card was charged $50.49. I do not use the norton product in my computer any more. I have removed the norton anti-virus from my machine a few months ago. I would like the $50.49 charge removed from my capital one bill removed.
 19th of Apr, 2008 by   Kim Mason 0 Votes
Norton Annual Renewal- unauthorized charges of $49.99. I called the credit card to dispute charges. Credit card company said it may take 8 weeks to resolve!
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   Keith Tytler 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Norton Anti-virus charges
Ashville Redburn Bardon Mill
Hexham
United Kingdom
Phone: 01434344386

On 29th of March I was charged on my Visa £30.00 for Symantec Renewal 276165600 and on 4th of April I was charged £29.99 by Dri* symantec UK www.Myord.com for the same protection.
How do I receive a rebate of one of these amounts.

Keith Tytler
 10th of May, 2008 by   Mrs A.M. Robinson 0 Votes
On 12 April my Norton security was automatically renewed, 276165600, charging £39.99 but when I received my credit card bill I have also been charged £45.74 on 5 April by Dri*symantec UK. Can anyone tell me how to get this refunded?
 26th of Jun, 2008 by   Don Varner 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Overcharged my account
Norton Anti-Virus

One year subscription of $59.98 was charged on my card on 04/22 and then charged again on 05/10. Beware all!
 28th of Jun, 2008 by   paul 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Unauthorized use of debit card
Norton

Do not use norton anymore because they suck more ways then one. In this case they stole 69.99 for a update on a virus software. I think they are the virus and still can not get them off my computer.
 28th of Jul, 2008 by   raymond s vold 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - billed twice
12554 kjelly sands way
Fort Myers
Florida
Phone: 7634430061

i was billed on 07/07 for renewal and then on 07/14 by symantec both charges 49.99. please cancel the 07/14 charge to my credit card.

ray vold
 23rd of Aug, 2008 by   Robert Styles 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - unathorized credit card charges
Home Office
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
Phone: 262 6949840

credit card was charged $52.74 for services I have not had or even used for the past 16 months. I quit using Norton anti-virus and now use Microsoft live onecare AND HAVE USED IT SINCE JANUARY OF 2007 .
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Janet G. Chadney 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Non-authorized renewal.
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
Phone: J(717)243-4816

Charges made on ll/17/08 to my Visa Card and used wrong number.
No longer have this card, nor did I authorize a renewal on this system.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Miguel Segura UIglesias 0 Votes
I have been charged by Symantec Latin-Am US 56.98 wiyh my approval and without my approval Norton renewed my account charging me US 39.99 both on my VISA credit card. I need you to pay me back the US 39.99 because was not approved by me. Thanks for your attention.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   Bruno 0 Votes
I was billed 56$ US for a renewal from Norton I didn't get!
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   Nancy 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Automatic Renewal
Missouri City
Texas

I recently had a credit card debit for the annual renewal. I do not have the software on my machine and no longer have the computer that once had this software running. How can I prevent this unauthorized debit in the future?
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   Sergey Polivets 0 Votes
I can't update my version please help me
 5th of May, 2009 by   milligan water sys., inc. 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - charges
milligan water sys., inc.
5340 hwy 4
Baker
Florida
Phone: 850-537-9131/850-758-8650

Renewed Norton Anti-Virus on Feb 3 2009 at $39.99 USD on-line, using co. credit card, but keep getting notices that it will expire at the end of May, WHY?
 9th of May, 2009 by   norton 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - charged, did not get product
DRI*SYMANTEC
Ontario
Canada

Hi,
about over a month ago, we paid 62.65$ to download the Norton anti-virus on our computer. I was suppose to get an confirmation code by email to activate the anti-virus, but i never got it. Therefore, we paid for the anti-virus but don't have it. Please install it on our computer or we will call the company to complain.
 11th of May, 2009 by   tatoman70 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Unauthorized renewal fee
California

Made an Unauthorized annual renewal fee charge to my checking account via my debit card, which I had used to make original purchase of software, but did not agree to an annual renewal.
 26th of May, 2009 by   Barbara Raney 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - double charged
Private Party
Santa Cruz
California

I was charged twice or my update to Norton Anti-Virus, please reverse charge. Thanking you in advance.

Barbara D. Raney barbararaney09@comcast.net
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   c & v marine 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - credit card charge
c & v marine

I was charged on my credit card and the program was never downloaded on my computer. I would like this resolved.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   Donald Wyatt 0 Votes

Norton Anti - Virus - Unauthorized Charges to Credit Card

I had a Norton annual renewal charge on my credit card of which I did not authorize. I do not have Norton Anti-Virus on my computer and haven't had for some time. Please issue a credit to my credit card (Discover Card) account of $48.14. Thank you.

Should You Buy Gold?