logo

Otel.com
Refund
3. (11 mins ago)
xantatech.com
They needed only my money
4. (19 mins ago)
UNETHICAL PRACTICES!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Lowe's Complaints & Reviews - My experience is certainly nothing compared to some of the 'horror stories' I've read on ComplaintsBoard.com

Lowe's Contacts & Informations

Lowe's

Posted:    Tom

This is a letter I submitted to the Lowe's Home Improvement Store Website. My experience is certainly
nothing compared to some of the 'horror stories' I've read on ComplaintsBoard.com. Still, as far as I am
concerned, its just one more nail in the coffin.

*************************

On September 23, 2006 my wife and I went to the Lowes of Garden City (store number 1624) to purchase a dishwasher. The experience was so extremely dissapointing, I am going to make it a point not to shop at Lowes any further.

To start, the customer service representative there who served us (John) seemed more concerned with
talking with several of his coworkers than correctly entering my information for the purchace. I had
requested a delivery, install and removal of the old unit. On the paperwork, John checked off delivery but no install. When I pointed this out, he told me not to worry about it. I insisted he check it off. At
one point he began to talk to his coworkers again. I asked him if this was going to take long as my wife
was attending to one of our small children. He insisted the process would not take long.

When he finally began to enter the information into the computer, I asked him several times if he had
added the delivery, intall and removal request. He insisted he had. He then asked me if I was interested
in a Lowe's credit card. I informed him I was and he said that he would take care of that as well.

After he entered the information into the computer he printed out a receipt and told me to go to any
register and give my phone number. I asked him about the credit card and he told me I had to go to customer service to apply. I asked him then why he said he would help me set up the card if he couldn't or wouldnt have been able to, but got little reply. I decided to forgo the card application and put the purchase on an existing card. I then went to a register where I gave the young lady my phone number. To my amazement, she asked me when I intended to pick up the dishwasher. I informed her I had requested delivery, install and removal of the old unit. She informed me that none of that information was in the system and that I would have to go back to the customer service person.

At this point, I was disgusted. I told her to forget the purchase, I didn't want it. I then asked for the
manager on duty. A gentleman named Larry came over and I explained what had happened. Larry apologized and took my phone number down, promising me that he would call me personally in a day or two and we would place the order correctly over the phone. It has now been ten days, and Larry never bothered to call.

Every time I see a Lowe's commercial, where your customer service reps offer the Lowe's 'promise' for
customer satisfaction, I laugh. From now on, it's the Home Depot in East Meadow Long Island for me.

Dissapointedly,
Tom
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2008 by   Mike Peters 0 Votes
Just wanted to comment on all the negative stories about Lowes. I hope everyone realizes that Home Depot is not all that much better, at least in my area of Mass.. You may want to consider (even though it does cost a bit more) using your local hardware stores on a more frequent basis. Because we all know that once Lowes and Home Depot put those mom and Pop stores out of business, the service and prices at the huge chain stores are not going to get any better. I admit the larger stores do have better prices and selection, however, before we know it we will all be slaves to Lowes and Home Depot. With no other choices.

Avoid Phishing that Claims to Be from IRS