logo

Posted:    Brody

Rip off company

Lenovo
lenovo.com
Lenovo stole my credit card information and charged me for a computer that I did not order, nor have I received. I have never had any dealings with this company and I had never, prior to a few hours ago, even heard of them.

I do not have phone or email addresses for this company since I do not have the merchandise they billed me for. Peculiar to their attempts at defrauding me is that they apparently shipped the computer to my billing address in WA state when I live in Cody Wyoming.

While printing off my statement to mail my credit card payment, I noticed an enormous charge for over $1400 by Lenovo. I immediately phoned my financial institution's fraud department and reported the theft of my credit card. They closed the account, denied the charges, and reported the incident to the three major credit reporting agencies.

Absolutely outrageous.
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Feb, 2009 by   Mark 0 Votes
Sorry to hear about your experience. Fraud can affect both individuals and companies.

Have you tried contacting Lenovo sales to investigate / dispute the order before posting here? While you may not have the contact information because you didn't receive the package, you are able to use the web as you posted your comment here. Have you tried the Lenovo website for information? www.lenovo.com

Try calling Lenovo at 866-968-4465 and discussing the matter with sales - I'm sure they will investigate and help you resolve the situation, escalating as a formal complaint as needed.

In cases of fraud it is likely that another individual falsely obtained your information and used it to place the order. Lenovo would not aquire your information and spontaneously generate and bill you for an order.

As fraud protection, Lenovo requires both the bill to and ship to addresses to be listed with the credit card bank, and every effort is made to verify the validity to the order and customer before it is cleared for shipment.

If you need further help after contacting sales at the number above, you can reach me through our forum. http://forums.lenovo.com

Best regards,

Mark
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   mlrimer 0 Votes
I to just discovered a fraudulent charge on my debit card from Lenovo It was for 989.00. Thanks to the alert that I have on my account I was able to have it canceled by my bank. I am in the process of contacting the compnay today. The charge was made on Sunday March 15th 2009 at around 4pm central time.
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   LKBess 0 Votes
My PayPal and Hotmail email accounts were hacked. Several purchases from Lenovo were made on my account. Try calling Lenovo, what a joke. After being on hold for over an hour I was transfered to three different people. I told them all my story, gave them the name and address of the person this was being shipped to (it was not me) and was assured all future orders would not go out as they had 3 orders pending.

Before I could get to my bank (in less than an hour after speaking to them) to cancel my account Lenovo processed 2 of the 3 pending orders for over $2, 000! When I called back that same day I got "oh very sorry, these things happen"!

Are they in on this with the person that hacked my account? Makes you wonder.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   One hell of a Ragin Cajun 0 Votes
I was sitting on my patio this morning having a cup of coffee when a package arrived for me. I opened this package to see 2 Lenovo packages, that i did not order. I attempted to cal this company...JOKE...where i was hung up on. I contacted my credit card company and spoke to a wonderful and helpful woman, Ms. Roundtree. Together we contacted this company again, and while they had the correct billing and shipping address, the email address was fraud as well. THey continued to insist that i give them the correct email address so they could send me the return labels. NOT HAPPENING!! This company is completely fraudulent and the customer service representative stated they have received fraudulent orders. Well, i am so enraged i wish there is something else that can be done about this company as it appears that i am not the only onethis is happening to. My credit cared representative had to ask for a Supervisor who continued to want my correct email address. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY INFORMATION!!! I WOULD ONLY PROVIDE THEM WITH THE INFORMATION THEY HAD LISTED ON THE SHIPPING DOCUMENT THAT CAME WITH THESE IDEA PADS. Lenovo did not even call my credit card to confirm the purchase was valid, which is what should be done. Is there anything else we can do!?!?!?
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   liv2golf 0 Votes
I was just hit with this same scam. I received a package via UPS and had to sign for it which first raised suspicions. I was still confused after going through the packaging grew more concerned when I noticed they had my cell phone number printed on the shipping invoice. I then proceeded to review my credit card balances on line and noticed this charge for $904 to lenovo. I called my credit card company, denied the charge, cancelled the card and am awaiting further instructions from them regarding their investigation into this matter.
I was informed by the card company that this purchase was made via phone call and when I googled "lenovo" and "scam" I uncovered a large supply of hits that covered this particular scam. You'd think that if it was happening to them over and over they would be more diligent in getting to the bottom of this. Before today I had never heard of lenovo and will file them under scam companies from this point forward.
It appears to me that the only ones making money from this are the scammers and lenovo as it stands to reason their reported sales are going up as a result of the scammers. At any rate this is a lesson to be learned, watch you back and guard your personal informations with the utmost care.
In addition, doesn't it sdeem a bit strange that a company would have to put a sticker on the shipping container that stated if you did not order this item you may be a victim of fraud or identity theft? As many packages as I have received over the years this is the first one that came with a scam disclaimer. That shold be a red flag if there ever was one.
Does anyone else have any other information regarding lenovo and this perpetuated scam?
 25th of May, 2009 by   j#2 0 Votes
exact scenario happened to me, except my credit card company called me to validate the purchase, so i was able to thwart the scam & cancel my card.
however, 3 days later i recvd 2 idea pads via UPS. called lenovo & they said to use only the return label they will send me...that was april 10th & I've recvd no correspondence from them. im not going to beg these people for a label to return their mer- chandise...cant believe they havent followed up with me. just waiting for next credit card statement to make sure charges were removed.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   Anjalic 0 Votes
Lenovo/IBM has changed since it went to Chinese hands. I received an email with a promotional offer, and clicked to purchase it, and was hit with the classic "bait-and-switch" scam from Lenovo. The offer was not found, but other more expensive options were listed. When I called, I was told the offer was "sold out" even though I called the minute I received the email. And then the customer service rep hung up on me. Enough siad, I will never do business with Lenovo again.
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   Ut1 0 Votes
Same happened to me. It's starting to appear that Lenonvo.com is part of the crime ring. I filed 2 police reports and would suggest even else do the same. Be sure to mention LENOVO.COM
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   Ut1 0 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. It appears that Lenovo.com is part of a crime ring. I filed 2 police reports on them and suggest others do the same
 12th of Jun, 2011 by   DSMCPA +1 Votes
Just purchased a Lenovo desktop from Office Depot that I returned. It would not always turn on & it would olmost never come out of sleep mode. When I called tech support, they told me that the manufacturer's one year warranty did not apply because I did not purchase the computer directly from them & they don't know what Office Depot did with the computer before I purchased it, how it was stored, and such. This was for a brand new straight out-of-the-box machine, not a demo or floor model. I would NEVER do business with this company.
 2nd of May, 2012 by   LittleFreddie +1 Votes
My Discover card info was stolen and used today for purchases from Lenovo. One for $2200.00 and the other for $3300.00. I called Lenovo to cancel the fraudulent orders and they say they have no record of them even though my Discover card has both transactions approved. Very suspicious to me. Are they in on the scam? I live in Indiana, they order placed for North Carolina, according to Discover. Cancelled credit card. Damn scammers! RIH!
 24th of May, 2013 by   writemom 0 Votes
My credit card was charged over $3200 for a Lenovo order. Like others, I had never heard of the company. My husband reviews our credit card charges on a daily basis, so he caught it as it was pending. We reported the charge to our credit card company and they immediately cancelled the card. I happen to subscribe to UPS delivery alerts so I got an email from UPS stating they had a package from Lenovo using 2 day shipping and it required a signature. I called UPS and told them about the fraudulent order. They said I'd have to wait for the delivery to arrive and that I should refuse it, which I did. It's currently on it's way back from whence it came - Whitsett, NC.

It's obvious that some company I have dealt with has had a security breach. I have no idea really how much Lenovo is a part of this; I suspect they are as much a victim as the rest of us. However, a company that has this much of a problem with fraud should be doing more about it than they are currently doing. Whatever proactive measures are in place, they are obviously not enough. Lenovo may not be the divisor of the fraud, but they are perpetuating it. That makes them at least partly responsible.
 16th of Aug, 2013 by   Perry GA 0 Votes
My credit card was charged for a laptop also. I had never heard about this company either but they were very nice about returning laptop. They pretended they had never heard about this happening to them before.
 27th of Dec, 2013 by   VIKKY ANAND 0 Votes
I PURCHASE LENOVO G500 IN OCT 2013. AFTER ONE MONTH IN DECEMBER 2013 THE BLUE SCREEN ISSUE IN THIS LAPTOP. I CALL FOR THIS ISSUE TO LENOVO CUSTOMER CARE, BUT HE MAKE FRAUD TO ME.MY LAPTOP IS NOT WORK BEFORE 20 DAYS AND THE PROBLEM IN THIS LAPTOP IS RAM NOT DETECT THE DRIVE, HE ALSO KNOW ABOUT THIS, BUT HE NOT CHANGING THE RAM AFTER 20 DAYS. I WILL ALREADY CALLING( 30-40 ) TIMES FOR THIS PROBLEM IN LENOVO CARE BUT THEY NOT CARING MY CALL. MY LAPTOP WARRANTY IS JULY 2013- JULY 2014.

Saving on Pets