Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Frigidaire Complaints & Reviews - worst appliances on the planet

Frigidaire Contacts & Informations

Posted:

worst appliances on the planet

Frigidaire
Who is the CEO of Frigidaire? He should be ashamed of himself, to allow these products on the market! I bought a newly renovated place, and the sellers had put in all new frigidaire appliances. THANK GOD I paid the extended warranties. I am on a first-name basis with the repair guys, and I have all their cell phone numbers. I have this recurrent dream that I meet the ceo of Frigidaire and put him in his place on the spot. These are the biggest piece of crap appliances, and I think that for what I paid for the warranty over the past 3 years, I could have bought all new GE profile appliances.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Frigidaire - shoddy merchandise
George Smith (Standard Appliance)
Portland
Oregon

I bought a new Frigidaire refrigerator. I have had it less than three months and it has stopped working twice. It is a piece of junk. The dealer has refused to replace it. I get to wait around for a repairman, and if I leave for a few days, I get to enjoy the possibility (probability!!) of coming back to a refrigerator full of rotting food.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on http://www.complaintsboard.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter? Again I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely
Escalation Specialist
Electrolux Major Appliances
chris.polk@electrolux.com
 17th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have had the same experience with my refridgerator! I could not agree more with you!
 26th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought a Frigidaire dryer, dishwasher, and frigerator 7 years ago...and they are all a big peice of crap. They are the worst products I've ever had. I would not even give them away for the problems they have caused. The stainless steel on my frig and dishwasher is completely rusted. The dryer burns rust spots on clothes and snags them. The freezer door seal fell out. I hate Frigidaire. Please don't buy these products. Frigidaire was good back in the day, but Electrolux bought them out, and now they just suck...it's sad.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have a (2 year old) frigidaire microwave and it is horrible. Sometimes (and only sometimes) it works ...

I just hope this piece of junk is not giving my family and me cancer!!!
 18th of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes

Sincerely
Escalation Specialist
Electrolux Major Appliances
chris.polk@electrolux.com
 13th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
We a house fire on March 12, 2009 that was caused by a Frigidaire dryer GLGQ642AS. It had the exact same fire inside the drum that is all over the internet. It started a fire while I was at work and caused 150, 000 damage to my home. We lived in a rental for six months and are now back in my new rebuilt home. The repair guy said about six months earlier that it had started a fire before but the dryer is suppose to maintain inside the drum. There is a small crack between the dryer and the drum and over time it builds up and the lint over the motor ignites. Very scary thing, we could of been sleeping. I was paid for everything because we had good insurance but I lost 4 weeks of work and the stress on the family. Can I still bring a suit against Electrolux even if I was paid off and my house was repaired and belonging were replaced. And if I do does the insurance company have any claim if I get a settlement. I was not compensated for my stress level, the hundreds of hours of acting as foreman on construction of the house and my loss of time at work. If the insurance can get the settlement what is the point of doing this.
 15th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Frigidaire - bad product worse warranty service
Electolux
Nebraska

Bought a Frigidaire Dishwasher. It had a bad part so it leaked water all over the floor. It took Electrolux 29 days to get it fixed before I could use it the first time. 6 weeks later is again dumping water on the floor and the part is back ordered. Lowes has agreed to take back the dishwasher and credit the amount towards a different unit. It will not be anything made by Electolux.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just moved into an apartment with the Fridgidaire Gallery appliances. Horrible, it's like they were made to break all at the exact same time. I've already had the washer/dryer removed and replaced with a LG which I love btw. The refrigerator sounds like it's about to take off into outer space, it rattles and ticks all day long and the washing machine stops running after 10 minutes into the wash. I'm renting an investment property so the owner doesn't care about the quality and I'm sure was looking for the cheapest thing on the market. I can't help but think how bad products like these are for the environment and why someone would want to deal with the hassle of having them replaced after only 2 years. Don't spend your money on these, pay more for something reliable.
 26th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Frigidaire - Bad frigidaire side by side refridgerator
Frigidaire

We bought this refrigerator & in the ninth month compressor went, repairman replaced it and it is still under 1year warranty. After less than 2 years, the refrigerator is not cold, repairman diagnose freon leaks and estimate cost of repair will be >than 400.00 and suggests replace the fridge than repair. How can a company make such a lousy product? It cost me more than 1300.00 to purchase the fridge which I am using less than 3 years!
 6th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I have a 3-year fridge and it stopped working last week. Before that the water valve was leaking and I had to shut off the valve of water supply. Got a technician(recommended by Electrolux) to look at the fridge and he estimated $1000 on repair and not including labour. Compressor, evaporator, heat exchange and water valve are gone. Really want to question the quality of their products.
 5th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
With almost all parts coming from China and assembled in mexico ...all appliances in the last 5 yrs are very disposable...this is very sad ...american appliance...tho owned by americans...r basically made in china and the quality of all ur major appliances (refrigerators washers dryers and the like) has dropped drastically ...i have been in the appliance business for 15 yrs service and repair ...and in that time i have seen a very bad trend in the quality...basically there is no quality ...it seems as tho the manufacturers want to make them disposable, not last very long at all ...most not making the warranty or soon after breaking down with ridiculous priced parts for repair ...this is a very sad thing ...but it is the truth ...the future does not look good for American made appliances ...just my 2 cents from someone who works on appliances everyday in warranty and not
 17th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Geez, this is what we voted for 30 years ago when we wanted Washington to get out of our lives and let the private sector do whatever it damn well wanted. We all cheered when Reagan went to war against the unions and joined the Wall Street chorus who said that making anything in America was too expensive and that American workers made too much money. We wanted everything cheap, even as we lost our jobs. For everybody suffering under this tide of shoddy quality, we have dozens who will defend the system and tell you to start your own company! A defense so stupid that it defies further comment...

Some people you just can't reach. So you get what we had here for the last 30 years, which is the way we wanted it... well, we got it. I don't like it any more than you men.
 6th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I totally agree! I just picked up a used washer (XC82413188 gltf1670as and found out the "spider bracket"holding the tub in place had deteriorated so badly it had cracked causing the the machine to knock so loud you could hear it down the block! Some of the poorest engineering I have ever seen! Fridgedaire no care make people who buy it lose their hair!
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
what a piece of garbage, broke two times so far! burner will be on all day and wouldn't go off unless you unplug the stove. We brought the technician and changed the circuit board and two days ago one burner wouldn't work and another would turn hot read and wouldn't go off unless you unplug. I feel like putting it on my pick up truck and smash it in front of whoever is manufacturing this piece of shit. What a god damn scam this company is, they should be sued and put out of business for putting public safety at risk.
 7th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes

Frigidaire - Scam

8th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the inconvenience and concerns this appliance unit has been causing you. I would like to further assist you but in order to do so, will you please email me directly at Chris.Polk@Electrolux.com with your unit's model/serial information, personal name, address, phone number and date of purchase of the unit?

Thank you in advance for supplying me the information needed. Please include any other pertinent information concerning this unit. I look forward to further resolving this matter.

Online Outreach Escalations Manager
Electrolux Major Appliances, North America
 13th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes

Frigidaire - side by side Frigidaire
JRA
Philippines

I hate the brand frigidaire coz my side by side ref need to repair again..last repair is august 7, 2010 not cooling problem, Today is the same thing Dec 12, 2011, I bought it October 30, 2007..What is this between 1 to 2years need to repair my fridge..oh my gosh..the parts of frigidaire it is like a disposable parts...
 6th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree...Frigidaire is not a good product. I have a FRS26H5ASB4 stainless side by side which only 9 years old. It has never worked right since day one. It has frozen things in the fridge from time to time, all the while the settings were never changed. It now appears that the compressor is on its last leg. When it goes into defrost mode, the compressor will not kick on. Really, 9 years? Just ordered a hard start kit to try an get a couple of more months out of it, then good bye Frigidaire. Sounds like a case of PPW (Piss poor workmanship) to me. JUNK!!! I will buy another brand in the future. Do yourself a favor, skip by their crap at the appliance store, and buy something that will last. It'll be worth it in the long run.
 6th of Apr, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I have a fridgidaire washer and dryer and I have had it for almost three years broke down three times now we are throwing it out piece of crap... I also have a brand new fridgidaire microwave hood fan and the handle busted its plastic and went into my eye... My builder uses these as standards and I have only had this for three months... Piece of crap. All my friends who built with the same builder same problem ... Spend the extra money and do not buy from this company crap quality

Tricks of the Trade: Contractors