logo

Posted:    Fairchld

Mattress and box

Englander Mattress Co.
Louisiana
I purchased an Englander 575596LT Sienna Latex Pt mattress and box 6/6 and was delivered to my home on 12-5-2008. On 11-13-2009 the salespeople came at a charge of $53.17 to check my complaints of sags, lumps, soft spot and noise. They fluffed the mattress, pulled the pillow top and measured. The box was broken and replaced. Now 3 months or so later I am have the same problem with the noise, but the sags, lumps, soft spot never went away. If I call the salespeople out again I will be charged $53.17 to tell me I have a broken box. I feel that this mattress set is defective and it should be checked from a representative of the company. I purchased an Englander mattress set in 1999 and it is the best mattress I have ever owned. Something is not right with this mattress set.
Comments United States Mattresses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of May, 2010 by   Ouchthathurts 0 Votes
I think ALL THE COMPANY'S that make mattress have been cheating the public big time and it's time we all file lawsuits against them for fraud. They are called a Class Action Lawsuit. Not only are they overcharging for this crap but it's ruiining our backs as well.
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   Bedfixer1 0 Votes
I bought the 585595LT Englander Sienna Latex Pillowtop queen in 2010 for $1400.00. At delivery a notice was attached to the bed explaining that sagging of the mattress was normal and is not a defect. The box spring (foundation) sqeeks. I removed the fabric on the underside and discovered that the construction was of 2 1/4 x 3/4 inch cheap knotty pine board frame covered on the top with a piece of cardboard. The wood was supposed to be nailed and glued but the pieces were misaligned so the nails and glue were completely missed in about half of the connections. I had to use about 50 screws to stabilize the frame and make it quite. The cardboard was cut too short and bends inward because it misses the supporting wood. This type construction is typical of inexpensive no name beds, not a well known brand in the $1400.00 range. Englander is a top ten bed company. This particular bed was built by the Fraenkel Company in Olive Branch MS. I have seen the cutaway mockups in stores and they all show metal spring or metal stiffener construction in the $1000.00 plus range. Buyers beware!

Beware When Shopping Online