logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Shoes store: Wen Jun Hou- (the receipt of this payment is Non-US Verified)
Never got my shoes - don't buy from them
2. (1 mins ago)
Booking.com
–°onfirmation system is absolutely unreliable and customer service incompetent
3. (6 mins ago)
bridesmaiddesigners.com
Unable to reach the seller
4. (12 mins ago)

Electrolux India Contacts & Informations

Electrolux India

Posted:    Shilpa Uppoor

Pathetic customer service by Electrolux

I purchased an Electrolux ER40DFONPS Ozone Dual Health Guard Refrigerator in November 2006. The piece was damaged, so I then received a Replacement on 4th December 2006.

On 10th January 2007, the Freezer stopped working at its maximum capacity. I waited for a day thinking it would rectify on its own on 11th. There was no change. On calling the Mumbai Service Centre nos., I was given 3 new nos., none of which worked. On calling the first no. again and being extremely rude, I finally got the right no. On contacting them, I was very indifferently informed that a technician would visit my place in a couple of days!!!

Electrolux is supposed to be a global MNC and if this is their idea of Customer Service, it is PATHETIC!!
Comments India Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of May, 2007 by   MD MASUD 0 Votes
I have same experience regarding this company. I made a complaint on 21.05.2007 with M/s Great Eastern Appliances Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata, from whom I have purchased one refrigerator model no: ELECTROLUX 245ERP 230 LTR. They have given me the contact no of Authorized service centre of Electrolux India. But when I tried to contact them, they acted so rudely that I have done a great mistake by purchasing their product.

I don't know what is the reason behind the same. I think they seem to be more clever and intelligent.
 24th of May, 2007 by   Jaspreet 0 Votes
Really I am also facing the similar problem, as i bought a refrigerator in 2years back and within year its pcb got damaged then we spent Rs 8000/- for repairing the same then again next year faced the same problem, the year when we bought its product from the dealer within two months dealer said now this company is closed now.

Really have a very bad experience to buy this product from a company, now we urgently need replacement of this product otherwise we will not recommend any of its product.

Pls contact for the same to solve our problem as again this year also we facing the same problem.
 28th of Jul, 2007 by   Mitul Mehta 0 Votes
Hi,

I had logged a complain for my Electrolux microwave as the timer was not functional properly on 1st week of July'07 and as per that a person came on 9th Jylu'07 and checked, as per that the timer had a problem and he told he would come after 3 days and replace the same.

Today 3 weeks have passed and no one has come to change the timer and and the customer care number (65278002/3/4) they say that they will inform us whenever the part is available but no one has called me yet.
 14th of Sep, 2007 by   Arpita Mitra 0 Votes
i had brought an ELECTROLUX MICROWAVE OVEN and an ELECTROLUX WASHING MACHINE ON APRIL 2006. However none of the two are giving me good service..both of them are pathetic and are giving me problem since the past 9 mnths.
And to make situations worse... the Customer Service is pathetic...
 15th of Sep, 2007 by   S Roy Chowdhury 0 Votes
Most arrogant, rude, uncooperative and pathetic customer service ever experienced.....
 19th of Sep, 2007 by   Dilip Kumar Das 0 Votes
I have posted the following mail to Electrolux on 24 August 2007 and a reminder on 6th September 2007. On 7th Sept. 2007 Mr. Subhomoy Chatterjee had contacted me over telephone and informed me that it will be settled on 12th or 13th September 2007. After that it is 7 days past but no response. It is also to be noted that the tecnician attended and reported as non-repairable on 21 July 2007.

The Mail :

Attn. Mr. Shubhomoy Chatterjee

I had purchased a Electrolux washing machine, model no EW845 Sl. No. 12803824 on 14.09.2003 for Rs. 14,700/-, which was installed by your authorized mechanic on 16.09.2003. Since then it was in trouble. Within the warranty period, the defects were somehow surmounted by the service center. But after the expiry of the warranty the machine is out of order again and the same is beyond the capacity of repair as the spare parts are not currently available (as it is informed).

Now the proposal comes from you on behalf of Electrolux that, if I exchange the old machine with a new one then only I can get a discount of Rs. 6,247/- on the MRP of new machine. So, as if during last four years I have to pay Rs. 180/- per month for the use of your model of serious non-repairable defects. I think it is a strong penalty upon my personal economy in this age of technotronics. Therefore, the proposal is not acceptable to me.

Here is an instant example of goodwill of commercial transaction from a reputed cellphone company in our market. It is replacing the faulty battery on its own cost and management out of voluntary announcement and appeal to the customers.

In this instant case Electrolux is using the honest customer on the basis of USE AND THROW WITH MONETARY PENALTY. This should not be for the benefit of company and of the consumers. We the Indian customers are at the bay of seer fraud and exploitation, and have to think twice if not two hundred times before purchasing any item of domestic appliances made from Electrolux. I think Electrolux should consider the instant case of repair/exchange with commercial enthusiasm and mutual respect of trust and business.

Finally, I like to request the respective officials including you to think the proposal about depreciation rate again. If the company's proposal for exchange on the stipulated rate unchanged, I should have to think it otherwise.

Dilip Kumar Das

195, jaigirghat Road

Thakurpukur (Paner Ara)

Kolkata - 700 063

Ph. 24380623, Mobile 9433079336
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   Jacinta Saldanha 0 Votes
We have Electrolux Referigerator Model #235FF white - 925024792-25201168 -purchased on dtd 12-1-03,
As the 2nd Door compartment is not cooling sufficiently and the door was not Closing , we called the Service Center ie Coolling Sales at Byculla on 65278002/03/04 the Mechanic came on the 28th Aug 07, and said we need to change the Timer and the door , we were charged 3,000/- and said it would have to be taken to the service centre for the change of Door and Timer,
The frige was sent and subsiquenlty brought back on the 8th Sept 07 after their so called changes and repairs , but to our shock we just found the Door painted and the Gasket changed so only now the door only closes properly, but there is no change in the Cooling, it is same .
Their so called change of door was just a repainting . We complained to them they sent a mechanic the 1st time he agrees that the door has not been changed and just painted and goes away, three mechanics came on 3 different occassions and give different reasons.
On complaining to Tukaram on 9324157655 he says would send the mechanic . But their mechanic adamantly come and say the Fridge is cooling and the Door is changed .
Please tell me what should be done I feel completly cheated we have paid through Our nose and no results .
 22nd of Sep, 2007 by   Praveen Kuamr Sharma 0 Votes
Hi,

Myself Praveen Sharma, R/o 104/80, Safdalbagh, Lalkuwan, Lucknow , U.P. (India) having some problem regarding the quality of Electrolux Products :
I have purchased one Fridge on 24/03/05, model no. EKP235SF having Serial No : 32107278 & Product No : 925224791.

for last 02 days my fridge is not at all cooling, as its compressor is not working. I have lodge a complaint over here locally @0522-4017455 vide complaint no. M/9/215 dtd: 21/09/07. but they have informed me that we have to pay the service visit charges & bear additional charges as well. In this regard I would like to know then what is the use of warranty on Compressor ??

As this type of service (after sales) quality is providing by the Electrolux, who is going to purchase the Electrolux Items ?? I am having two more fridges in my home (Kelvinator & Godrej) from last 10 years, till date I have not faced any problem in that. But in the case of Electrolux, the compressor is down in just 02 years (very poor quality).

Really its a pathetic product quality, i have ever seen in the corporate industry.

Regards,

Praveen Sharma
09838202295
 25th of Sep, 2007 by   chanda poddar 0 Votes
Dear Sir,

I have purchased a ELECTROLUX REFRIGERATOR modal no 2702 in gwalior form vallari enterprises in the gwalior trade fair on date 20/01/04 with in the exchange offer the bill no. 02 and in the name of CHANDA PODDAR and amount was Rs.20990/- and Rs.2500 was deducted as in exchange. The SERIAL NO. of the refrigerator is 34300043.

As few months before I noticed a problem in the refrigerator that the cooling was improper in the lower part and water was not freezing properly in the upper part. As now I have shifted to jaipur I asked the dealer of Electrolux in jaipur, he gave me the address and telephone no. of the service center. As after filing the complain (no. 7E-357) in the service center (AIR COOL, 5 Tara nagar, civil lines, ajmer road, jaipur ph. 2225231, 2222149) on 25/05/07 the engineer visited to home and checked the refrigerator. After observing the refrigerator he said that there is a problem in the compressor and as it is in the warranty period it will be changed without any cost except the transportation charge from home to service center and back to home. As I agreed to the condition and the refrigerator was send to the service center on 23/06/07 and was returned back on 2/07/07 without changing the compressor and saying that refrigerator is working fine with a receipt (no.3782) of Rs.225 (visit charge + service tax). After few days it again gave a problem and again the complain(no. 7G-222) was filled in the service center on 10/07/07, and again the engineer visited and said that the gas will be filled in the compressor and you have to bear the cost for filling the gas and the transportation charge again.

After that a call was made to DELHI corresponding to it and operator gave the no. of Mr. RAJESH KAPOOR (09314513292) after talking to him he gave no. of Mr. Tiwari (09314959060) saying that he will hear the problem. Till date there has been no response from him.

As the whole case is in front of you I want the compressor of my refrigerator to be changed as it is in the warranty period without any cost and without any transportation charges again as early as possible and want the refrigerator back in the perfect condition.

I want you to take some serious action against it as early as possible (in 7 days) or I will be moving to the consumer forum against it and all the problem caused due to it will be barred by you.

Truly,

M.L.PODDAR

Flat no. 304 3rd floor brandaban complex,

A-13 central spine,

Vidhyadhar Nagar,

JAIPUR (Rajasthan) - 302023

Ph. 09314020008
 26th of Sep, 2007 by   H@wk 0 Votes
It is strongly suggested that please don't buy their semi automatic washing machine. It not only damages cloths but also has water drainage problem.
 29th of Sep, 2007 by   Prashant Savla 0 Votes
Customer service people hung up making me feel like a fool having bought an Electolux product. A faulty microwave not used more then twice has stoped working.
 29th of Sep, 2007 by   Prashant Savla 0 Votes
There is a problem with my microwave, I called up the customer service they r not interested in talking, being rude and hung up on me 4 times making me look like a fool. now i don't even know where to go and what to do with my Electrolux microwave. there is a manufacturing defect in the product and I don't know who will take the responsibility or do something about it.
Its high time they show some concern for their so called customers who they sell the product and forget. The Indian consumer court where Indians are the judge should show some responsibility and help their country men fight these MNCs who are flourishing at the cost of us Indians.
 2nd of Oct, 2007 by   sachin gupta 0 Votes
dear sir,i m a regular consumer of electrolux product since last two years but unfortunately last time when i purchased a ac in feb.07 frm PATRA ELECTRONICS,CUTTACK,ORISSA.I had a problem with the system from the v beginning and i had also complained it several times to the concernned shop alongwith ur service officer

but till date no one has responded.So i request u to kindly take care of my problem and send ur executive or else i have no alternative to go through the legal action.

thanks

sachin gupta
naya sarak,
cuttack 2
 18th of Oct, 2007 by   mc amarnath 0 Votes
I agree with almost all the complaints. The service technicians from the agency outsourced by Electrolux in Mangalore (Venus) is very poor. The person who comes does not even know the basics of washing machine ( I own) and tries to argue with me if prompted.

I have stopped calling the Venus chap as he is useless and now depend on a technician who is no way related to Electrolux.

My suggestion to who ever is planning to buy any electronic appliance "" NEVER BUY ELECTROLUX" . THEY ARE THE WORST WHEN IT COME TO SERVICE AND NO GREAT IN PRODUCT AS WELL.
 24th of Oct, 2007 by   Bishwajit Ghosh 0 Votes
I had also purchased washy talky washing machine model. This model had warranty period of 1 year & within this warranty period I had to call the technicians 4 times and had to change the circuit & now again I am facing the problems for which I had booked the complain twice but nobody is interested in solving the problem. I agree , Electrolux product is worst & has very very poor after sales service.

Bishwajit Ghosh.
 24th of Oct, 2007 by   Bishwajit Ghosh 0 Votes
Same experience has been faced by me .I had purchased washy talky washing machine model. This model had warranty period of 1 year & within this warranty period I had to call the technicians 4 times and had to change the circuit & now again I am facing the problems for which I had booked the complain twice but nobody is interested in solving the problem. I agree, Electrolux product is worst & has very very poor after sales service.
Joy Ghosh.
M: 09925362065
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   kunda ainapure 0 Votes
Most lousey company. My washing machine model EC-1000 is not working only because og door gasket. They can not get me spares. I have to throw away machine bought for Rs.18000/- just becaust they can not supply door bellow any more.

Better to check and get in writng availablity of spares at least for 7 years. I do not see buyers market. You are trated like king till you pay. Once you pay you are no more a customer.
 20th of Dec, 2007 by   Sreekumar 0 Votes
The service facility of Electrolux is pits. Even the web site of "electrolux" cannot guide you to a service centre. All the contact details given there are wrong. Amazing!!!
 24th of Dec, 2007 by   Pujya 0 Votes
I bought the electrolux fridge in Nov 2007. The products was not working properly, the fridge was not cooling, and the laminations was all scratched. We filed several complaints. After some 15 days a person came to 'llok at the problem' and said it can not be replaced. He did some correction and the fridge at least started cooling. Now its not even 2 months complete. the fridge is not working at all. and even after filing several complaints no one has addressed it so far.
 29th of Jan, 2008 by   Krishna Chaitanya 0 Votes
I bought the electrolux fridge in OCT 2007. The product was not working properly, the fridge was cooling properly. but the problem when it is in processing, machine is working with a big sound just like a water motor is working beside us. just i need a service for this problem .....pls giude me in this regard and suggest me the service center details and contact no. of my problem.
Iam located in Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad City location : Dilshuknager Near Kothapet Fruit market

More Signs of Mortgage Aid Foreclosure Rescue Scams