Dollar General

workers comp

Dollar General
South Carolina
I was a store manager with Dollar General for 2 years. I was hurt with a steel cage; I am on crutches for the rest of my life. I have to have special shoes built. I have developed RSD due to the injury. Let me tell you what a wonderful company Dollar General claims to be! I had to have my cam walker replace in March. My lawyer had it approved; I went down to the ortho place to get my boot and arm brace. The specialist but the boot and brace on me and I was going out the door when the receptionist called me back. She said, I’m sorry but Dollar General is refusing to pay for the boot and brace. I had to take the cam walker and brace off. I watched the specialist put gloves on and dig my old boot (I had to tape it closed) and brace out of the trash bin and put them back on me. I was so mad, and mortified. I cried for days. It took me four weeks to get the walker and brace. I still have not got my shoe. I worked 80 hrs a week sometimes; I took a store that got robbed every 3 months. No one else would take it. This is the repayment I get for doing my best. I won my case and still am fighting. Please, Please think twice before going to work for this company.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
This is horrifying. Have you taken your complaint higher up? I don't know...maybe like a work commision office of some sort., a lawyer that specializes in worker's compensation or have a consultation with a lawyer to see if you have grounds to sue the B--tards. Many companies get away with such things because they know that most employess will live with unfair treatment that is done to them. Research...find out what your rights are and fight back...they are counting on you not fighting back at all. That's how many companies get away with this sort of thing all the time.

I am one who never fought back but, last year we had a flood because of faulty pipes in my apartment. We had to spend close to $1000.00 to stay at a motel for a week because the management refused to put us up in one of the empty apartments until repairs were done in our apartment. Someone told me this happens because no one makes a fuss...so I did. I called and wrote to the company that owned the apartment complex and told them what was happening and how I knew what my righte were and would like to settle this without having to go to claims court but, would do so if I did not get my problem resolved. The very next day I got a letter telling me that they were waiving rent and water for the month. I did not get my money back but, all my bills were paid by them for the amount of the 1000.00 I spent on hotel and food costs.

Companies should really take care of their employees better. Good employee care reaps it's rewards in, better attendance, willingness to help and all around good work attitude.

I really think you should take this higher. This type of treatment is appalling to say the least!!!

Just my 2 cents worth.
 20th of Jul, 2012 by    -1 Votes
If anyone has been hurt @ Dollar Gernal and mistreted, contact Berdie Gillis @berdiejoy32@yahoo.com
 1st of Oct, 2014 by    -1 Votes
Dollar General doesn't care about their employees. Injuries happen all the time and do not get reported. Key holders are forced to remain on Dollar General property during unpaid meal breaks, as well as, work while off the clock because there is no other way and Dollar General has yet to fix the problem.

Dollar General Logo Dollar General