logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (2 mins ago)
Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator
model # FGHB2844LF4 (What a piece of junk)
2. (4 mins ago)
grantresource.com
Charging of my account
5. (13 mins ago)
CustomerCarePage.com
Fraudulent charges without my notice

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dollar General, All, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - No Breaks for Working sometimes open to close and more than 8 hours

Dollar General Contacts & Informations

Dollar General

Posted: 2011-03-20 by    Jody L

No Breaks for Working sometimes open to close and more than 8 hours

Dollar General
All, Ohio
I am a former employee for this company and while working there just over 2 years, I can count on the both hands the number of lunch breaks I was able to take. I started there as a 3rd Key holder and worked up to assistant manager. I started working for them in Vestal, New York. Worked in a few location there, before relocating to Cleveland, Ohio, where I transfered to. In all locations, I either did not get to take any kind of break, or was told, if you have to do something, punch back in, take care of the problem, and punch back out. From what I know of the federal law, it states, at least a 30 minute UNINTERRUPTED break. I even sometimes worked open to close shifts, because none of the other Managers would come in to let me leave or to take a break even. I would like to know if there is a lawyer that would take this on as a case, because I know it is still happening within this company. Is there a lawyer or does anyone know of a lawyer? I have copies of most of my scheduals from the Ohio store for proof of hours worked for the 7 months I worked there before leaving.
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Mar, 2011 by   molliewollie 0 Votes
Oh puleeese!! I've been a nurse for 20 years, work 12 hour shifts which are really more like 13.5 and never get a break or a lunch, nor do my co workers, there's simply to much to be done to take a break or get a lunch time.
 4th of Aug, 2011 by   sikbastard 0 Votes
also you may be interested to know that DG holds their previous schedules for two years.
 20th of Dec, 2012 by   leahJ.. 0 Votes
Mollie your comment does not help ANY! So shove off!

Creative College Financing