logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Ocean Investment
INVEST WITH 500USD TODAY AND GET A RETURN OF 11,000USD AFTER 7-WORKING DAYS.
2. (15 mins ago)
Optimization

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Countrywide Complaints & Reviews - Horrible customer service!

Countrywide Contacts & Informations

Countrywide

Posted:    Marcia Quinlan

Horrible customer service!

I attempted to get a refinance mortgage from CountryWide recently but was very unhappy with their "customer service". After the initial contact and them collecting my personal financial information, 2 months went by with no word from the "mortgage broker". When I attempted to call and e-mail, it took several tries to get a response, and the response that I did get implied that I was bothering the mortgage broker. My application was finally completed almost 6 months after I had initially contacted the company, and then it was mailed to my house without my knowledge and my entire financial history sat on my front porch for a day, unbeknownst to me since they had failed to communicate that they would be mailing the application. This is how they "safeguard" your private information. If someone had picked up the application they would know where I bank, my credit card numbers, my social security #, where I work, etc, etc. I was just expected to sign the application and send it back, again with no explanation of the process and no service provided whatsoever. I didn't sign it, due to the horrible service I received and the facts that the amounts were incorrect. These mortgage brokers make a huge commission on these loans, and I don't think it was unreasonable to expect some service in return. Let me mention that I have excellent credit and a very stable work history so to be treated so poorly made a huge impression on me, and not a good one. I was subsequently referred to a true mortgage broker whose definition of customer service more closely matches mine, and had my refi in my hand in 8 days, with no distress or implication that I am not credit worthy. I will never again do business with Countrywide.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Nation's Trendiest Hotels, And 5 Ways to Stay for Less