logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rootandroid.com
Rude and negative emails from this company
2. (24 mins ago)
Sears / Craftsman riding lawnmower
Lawn mower will just stop running
3. (39 mins ago)

Comcast Cable Company
8241 N. Cortaro Rd
Tucson, Arizona
comcast.com
I have been a steady customer for seven years and due to the logistics of Tucson�s infrastructure, I will continue to be a customer until alternatives present themselves. Based on your customer service representative�s recommendation, I rented a Motorola 6412 Dual Tuner Digital Video Recorder (DVR), at $13.95 a month in addition to my service rates of $115.35 a month. I have since experienced that it rarely records or functions as described by your representative.

I was told and promised by Rob, the customer service representative, that I would �love� my DVR because it would save my time and record my programs when I wanted. Unfortunately, my Motorola device has never fulfilled that expectation. More often than not, I spend my time on the phone waiting for a customer service representative to clear the memory that I can record TV or watch TV without interruption.

Most recently, I entertained a family dinner, hoping that we could watch the Presidential Debates. As fate intervened, my DVR failed to record the debates and due to heavy pixilation, I was unable to watch TV at all. I am quite embarrassed and saddened that I have spent my money on this device and service.

I think you will agree that we have a problem. I was able to schedule service call for a technician to come to my house and �swap� the device out for a �new� one. The term new evidently means �new to this address� because it is apparent that Comcast refurbishes their DVRs. I was subsequently charged $19.99 for the service call because I do not have the service protection plan; even though Rob assured me that I would not be held financially responsible for the service call. Subsequently, I have replaced the DVR five times since originally agreeing to rent the device. The Area Technical Supervisor has been to my house twice as well.

I would like you to either fix this ongoing issue or refer it to your supervisor as soon as possible. I know my problems are not singular or an individual case. My recommendation is to stop using Motorola for cable equipment. I will be following up on this issues next week, and hope to encounter the appropriate action plan.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Consumer Fraud in Health Care