Chrysler Pacifica

Posted:

Sub frame rust

4.85
Chrysler
Went to get my 2004 Chrysler Pacifica inspected and was told it was "Unsafe to Drive" due to the front sub-frame being completly rusted through.
Have been told by Chrysler and Military Exchange New Car Sales that they won't cover repairs under the warranty since the car is almost 6 years old.
The inspector said he hasn't ever seen anything like it even on cars 30 years old! Already filed my complaint with NHTSA, everyone check your Chrysler Pacifica and do the same if you've got the problem.
Complaint comments Comments (54) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Comments

4th of Sep, 2006 by    0 Votes

McDonagh Chrysler - Dishonest billing and lies

My ex husband called around to have my car key reprogrammed to my car. He called chrysler on Friday spoke to one of the service people. He explained he already had someone put a new PCM chip into the car and now only needed the key to be reprogrammed.

He asked them how much it would be to have a key reprogrammed to a car? They answered $20.00 to $30.00. How long would it take to do? 2 to 3 minutes. Do we need to bring the car there? no.

Tuesday, I, his ex-wife, went to the dealer with the key. I told the man at the front desk my ex called last week about my car. I explained everything that was said to my ex.

He asked me if I had the car here? I said no. I was told I didn't need to bring the car. He said we need the car. He was very arrogant and treated me as I didn't know what I was talking about. I told him my car won't start. He said it would have to be towed.

I told him I will be right back so I can call my ex to find out who he spoke to. He continued to be arrogant and rude as I was leaving.

My ex- called him back on Wednesday. They now said it will cost him $45.00 for the key to be reprogrammed, $85.00 to just check the car before reprogramming the key and, also the service charge. Something that should have been only $20.00 to $30.00 dollars is now going beyond even me.

I called another chrysler dealer wednesday (today). I found out it will cost me a TOTAL of $85.00 to get everything done. I made sure I specified and asked 4 times on how much it will cost and who I was speaking to at this place.
 8th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - Crappy vehicle
Chrysler
6806 Ozark Dr.
Pine Bluff
Arkansas
Phone: 870-879-3095

I bought a 2003 Chrysler Town & Country brand new in Oct. of 2003. I paid $25, 000 for it. Two months after the regular warranty ran out, I had to replace the brakes 2x in less than three years, power steering pump, & water pump. As time went on, I also had to replace the power window motor then three months after replacing the moter, the regulator on the motor went out and I had to replace that. we also had to replace the rack and pinion steering and the CD player still selective works after having had it worked on. The last thing that went wrong was that I had to replace the battery because the post on the battery split clean into and the post was stuck in the bracket. My husband was deployed so two of his friends had to come over and help me get the post out and that took an act of congress to get it out. The way I figure, if I buy a brand new vehicle for that much money it should last longer than 3 years before it starts breaking down. I called the company and tried to work something out, but they wouldn't do anything to rectify the situation. Their answer was they couldn't do anything since I didn't buy the extended warranty! Every since then, I have been driving around with the caption "DON'T BUY A CHRYSLER!" on the sides and back window of the vehicle. I've lost track of how many people have asked me about it and by the time I finish telling them, they say there's no way they'd buy one after what I've went through. These corporations think it's okay to stick it to the customer well I'm saying not any more! I'll continue to drive and let people know that Chrysler is not a company that cares about their customers. I know for a fact that I've cost them at least 15 vehicles multiply that by $25, 000 to $35, 000 and the amount of money I've cost them is nothing to sneeze at. Please warn others about Chrysler.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Here! Here! Becky,

I love your idea with the window captions. I too am in a mess with chrysler. Unfortunately I did my research after buying my 2009 dodge journey. My research showed that half of all journeys leave the factory in the same condition mine is in (too many issues to list here).

I have learned that quality control at chrysler is non-existent. Your approach is the best with the captions. Trying to take chrysler to court would be an exercise in futility however on the other hand, making your situation as public as possible is so much more damaging to the corporation - The internet can be such a powerful tool.

Good luck with your plight and I will keep at them north of the border -
 12th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Chrysler Corporation - Refuses to correct warranty date
Chrysler Corporation
chrysler.com

We purchased our 2002 van this summer and it has less than 50, 000 current miles. My husband was driving 70 MPH and without any warning the transmission blew up. He is lucky to be alive. It was one of the scariest things he has ever experienced. Since we purchased the car used from a Ford dealer we were never informed about Chryslers extended warranty. The Ford product was cost prohibitive and offered little coverage. We have never owned a Chrysler before this. We have learned since that our car had a non-transferrable 70, 000 mile warranty and that Chrysler began offering transferrable leases immediately after our car. We have also learned that Chrysler has had quite a few problems with transmissions across multiple product lines. We now are faced with a $3000+ repair bill and are without any security that this will not happen again because the Chrysler dealer put the same faulty transmission (ours was unrepairable because it literally blew apart so the dealer ordered a factory rebuild replacement). In our investigation we have learned that Chrysler is making money off of high priced factory rebuilds. We feel like they are frying us in our own grease. We are paying for their faulty workmanship while they continue to profit from poor craftmanship and our family is left without protection from another powertrain failure.
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

2004 Chrysler Pacifica - Rotting sub-frame
Albion
Maine
Phone: 1(207) 437-2150

During an inspection it was discovered that the sub-frame was rotting off of the automobile. The right side welded attachment to the main frame was 70% gone, the left side was 30% gone and most of the welds of the weldment were showing signs of corrosion and fatigue. As this sub-frame serves to support the engine, transmission and some of the suspension components it is an serious accident just waiting to happen. I feel it is the same level of problems that Toyota experienced with the Tacoma pick-up trucks. I believe that Chrysler should have a solution for this unsafe condition before untimely injury and possibly deaths occur.

Joseph Strohman, unhappy owner
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
si tienes razon, en esos tacos las salsas estan agrias
 4th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
BIG PROBLEM SHOULD BE A RECALL-------CALL 888-327-4236 and report it.
 19th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I got the same diagnosis from my shop. And I know another Pacifica owner who had the same thing occur. Perhaps Chrysler thinks it can wait. Can anyone say Class action lawsuit?!
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
oh sorry it was a 2005 Town and Country Mini van
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - defective Tie Rod system
Indiana

3 years ago I purchased a 2005 Chrysler T & C used with 27k miles on it. Within 2 months I started hearing a jiggling/rattling noise everytime I went over any type of bumps on the road. Took the van in before a road trip and was told that my Tie Rods were bad. Okay...let's fix the problem. Now just last week I started hearing the noise again...took the van in and guess what? the Tie Rods are bad again. Mechanic told me that Chrysler doesn't used a greased option in their Tie Rods so apparently I'm going to have to replace these things every 3 years. Great! Last time I will ever buy a Chrysler product.
 28th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - Stay away
2000 Chrysler 300M

At 46, 000 miles, rack and pinion failed - no warranty... so my expense. The emission system was faulty which they did cover under warranty. The next problem was with a shifting cable which failed while I was vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC. I made it home but had to pay out of pocket for a new shifter cable.

The latest problem is that the power window is failing. I am told this will cost $300 for the repair.

My car has 83, 000 miles on it and has cost me a bundle out of pocket. Chrysler doesn't care about its customers and won't resolve problems.
 29th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Chrysler hasn't been known to make the best cars. General rule is if you plan on keeping a car for a while buy a 100, 000 warranty. I'm surprised if you haven't had to replace the inner tie rod bushings yet.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes

Chrysler - Reembureshment
CHRYSLER
Phone: 800-247-9753

I received a letter from chrysler for safety recall for (Clockspring). If clockspring is not working properly than you have a problem in airbag, horn and speed control system which i was having a problem since october 2011. I call chrysler for this issue and i was told to go to any chrysler dealiler. So i went to chrysler dealer they installed the clockspring and my speed control system start working, but horn was not working and electric component which is break light sign came on. So i call chrysler for this issue and they made a case #21471175 under that they took all information and told me to go back to dealer and get fixed the problem and promised me to reimburshed the amount which is $355.22. Now they are not reimburshing as i was promised. Please help me out.
 23rd of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes

Jeep Wrangler - Gearbox failed
Jeep
Vienna
Virginia

After 10 years I decided to buy American, I guess to help, so I purchased a 2010 Jeep Wrangler 16 month ago, paid 29k for it.
Now I realize what J stands for, it stands for Junk.
This car should sell for 15k or less, so far mine has had 4 recalls, 2 are serious: Wheel can come out while driving, and if you do off road, it can catches fire under certain conditions?!?!
The engine is under power, the transmission sucks, especially in overdrive.
Inside, the dash is made of cheap plastic, the soft top is hard to put back on, under the rain, once you open the door to exit or get in, all the waters comes inside while car is stationary.
In order to fold the back seat, you need rope, can you believe it, and you pay 29k and use rope to secure a seat.
Gas millage sucks, for a SUV this light and small engine, the gas millage is far worse than my Toyota Sequoia with big 8 engine.
I saw the latest Rubicon (2013) at the dealer with sticker price of 42k, YOU MUST BE AN IDIOT to pay that much for J(unk) eep.
There so many simple improvements that can be done, but why do it?
This is a perfect example of American mentality, if it sells, don’t improve anything 
They should have let Chrysler go belly up.
 10th of Nov, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Big disappointment in a car I thought was going to be solid due to the Mercedes connection. Engine mounts I was told on mine rusting...Don't get it...What quality cars are out there anymore?
 4th of Feb, 2013 by    -1 Votes
I just bought a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica as well. I bought it 2 weeks ago and heard noises the day after i bought it i took it to a shop today and i have the same problem with my PAC, the subframe is completely rusted out .The vehicle was garaged kept from 23, 000 miles up till now . I am the 2nd owner since 23, 000 miles. This PAC was purchased new in Delaware from the 1st owner and has been owned in the state since .

Chrysler did submit a letter and now have a revised letter to cover up their mistakes.

Type this into google search 0004617/#45543 / x26 . This is a letter from Chrysler stating they will replace 2004-2005 Chrysler Pacifica subframes if they are from the salt belt states upto 10yrs 150, 000 miles and here is the link stating what states are salt belt states. http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0ec024/598 .. read section #603 of 763.
 5th of Feb, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Here is the actual link for the letter . Owner remains anonymous. The letter does not state in between which dates for certain Vin #s . This letter states any question Pacifica between 2004 and 2005. This is an actual document with Chrysler . I have called Chrysler and read off the Document ID number and the letter they have is word for word but they now have a revised document . Take notice to the number on the top right hand side of the letter. Again this is not a VIN specific letter . So in a class action suit this letter will hold up as in any 2004 or 2005 Chrysler Pacifica meeting the criteria such as the salt belt states within 10yrs 150, 000 miles is covered.
 5th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
 5th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
Look at all these complaints !

http://www.automotix.net/autorepair/car_problems/chrysler-pacifica/2004/structur... />
I wish i kept my honda . Ive never had a honda rust out on me EVER. Nothing rusted out on those and spend how long on a boat getting shipped across sea full of salt water ..lol
 6th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
Just found this problem on my 2006 Pacifica which I bought new. Now at 157, 000 miles which is past the posted 150, 000..
I wonder if Mercedes has the same issues with there crossover vehicles which were supposed to use the same frame..
I have a Chevy Tahoe which is 20 years old and is in better condition than the Pacifica.. This is deserving of a class action suit, obviously a design defect that potentially puts unknowing drivers at risk... I have been a Chrysler Fan for a long long long time..the dealer I bought the car from went out of business in the 2009 economic melt down.. I guess it will be worth a call and an email to Chrysler, , ,

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree