logo

3. (59 mins ago)
Diya Foundation
Unethical measures in NGO
4. (1 hr 45 mins ago)
RPC Holidays (Royal Premium Club)
False commitments for package selling
5. (1 hr 52 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Chaela

Discontinued Item

Burger King
California
I am really disappointed that they have chosen to discontinue the cheesy-tots. My entire family likes them, and it was the deciding factor that made us choose Burger King over McDonalds for breakfast every couple days..Please, reconsider, guys, and make a large family with demanding toddlers happy!!

Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jan, 2010 by   gnomehunter802 +1 Votes
feel the same way, hopefully bk will change their minds, they did with that italian chicken sandwich temporarily it was brought back
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   gnomehunter802 0 Votes
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   Totlover112 0 Votes
This is a travesty--sure, it may be incredibly bad for you, but isn't mostly everything nowadays?? At least THIS is something we can ENJOY! Hot or cold, fresh or old, BK Cheesy Tots ROCK!! PLEASE bring them back!!
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   Damian. 0 Votes
man when i found out that bk had discontinued the cheesy tots i was so blah, it was like a slap on the face and i know it might sound like over reacting but i love those things! every 2 or 3 days after work i pass by bk and get 12 cheesy tots and a whopper and man i enjoy those cheesy tots! and not to be disrespectful but i'm not obsessed with junk food i don't weight 400lb or nothing, i run cross country and stay in shape but those things were madness! they are good. and usually it was bk vs taco bell, but without the cheesy tots burgers just don't taste the same. My girl friend laughed at me the entire way home but i do feel that way. i really hope that bk decides to bring cheesy tots back. :)
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   RIPcheesytots 0 Votes
I go to Burger King a few times a week, both for breakfast and lunch, for my work. The reason we love BK so much is because of the cheesy tots. I go out of my way to go to BK to get the cheesy tots since McDonalds doesn't offer them. I am very disappointed that they have been discontinued and I don't understand why. Everyone that I know that eats at BK LOVES the cheesy tots, and for most of them, that is the reason they decided to go there for breakfast. I will no longer be going to Burger king for breakfast as now there is no reason to go out of my way every morning when I can just go to McDonalds or a closer by place.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   larlarland 0 Votes
i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo effin pissed off, , i want myyy chessy tots back!!! please!!! i went to three diff burger kings just to see if mabey one still had a bag left in the back, ,
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   C Money 0 Votes
I was devastated when I found out Burger King discontinued Cheesy Tots! Most of Burger King's food is garbage so I would always get 2 12 piece orders when I decided to actually eat Burger King. It was one of their best selling items so I have no idea why they discontinued them. I will literally not eat BK again until they bring them back; and if they never bring them back, ill never eat BK again since Wendy's, Taco Bell, McD's and Arby's are all way better fast food chains.

Corey
 2nd of Feb, 2010 by   Bryan_<3_cheesy_tots 0 Votes
I love cheesy tots. They make me feel better when im blue. You can put them in your sandwiches and its delicious.

Im sooo sad.
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   Moe80 0 Votes
I just found out this morning that they discontinued Cheesy Tots!! They were the ONLY thing that I liked from BK's breakfast menu!! I really hope they realize how wrong they were and bring them back!! This SUCKS!!!
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   cheesytotsrock 0 Votes
GIVE ME BACK MY CHEESY TOTS. I refuse to eat BK food until this has been done. Way to ruin your own franchise, idiots.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   tooHOTtoCHEESYTOT +1 Votes
how dare they take away our cheesy tots!!! the delicious snack was perfect for any kind of burger or chicken sandiwhich on the menu! i remember countless 2 am cheesy tot runs to bk in an effort to settle my roaring stomach. the roar... i beastly noise that came from the bottom of my stomach could onlyyyy be calmed by the delicious, gooey, potatoey cheesy tot!!!

even my mexican forgien exchange student senor paco loved them!

he said something like... Ey Mayne.. me gusta mucho el totos de queso!!!

man did senor paco have it right...

bring back the tots bk... or ill bring my stack to the Mac'
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   Dreamlander 0 Votes
Ive been pissed ever since BK discontinued the cheesy tots. Id always get the 9 piece with my value meal and would complain when I got a 6 piece as that is alright if a child is sampling them but otherwise too small. Now I am stuck getting there lackluster fries which do not compare to McDonalds and their Onion rings - again blah. Hardees/Carl's Jr makes way better onion rings and their burgers are flamed broiled just as Burger King's are. I occasionally order the cheesy tots just to be told "sorry we no longer have them" to which I let out a heavy sigh. Sometimes I adjust my order in response to buy less. The cheesy tots really set Burger King apart from most fast food chains as I cannot think of any that sell them. I was told they are sold at TGIF for way more money. What were they thinking?
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   ChadCronin 0 Votes
It's been 3 months and still they don't care. Today I went to BK and said I wanted cheesy tots and they replied, "Yeah, half the town does too!" and the workers all seemed baffled and why the BK bosses are punishing their customers as well as their workers (in reduced traffic). I used to always have to wait in line, but today I went during the busy time of day and no one was in line. So when BK does bring them back, I will just think blank you, don't take them away again and if they try that limited time crap then I will be a limited time customer.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   erroxmysox -1 Votes
This is bullshit. I want my cheesy tots back. I will never go to BK again, and have not since they were discontinued.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   SouthernBelle91 0 Votes
yeah those little cheesy things of goodness were my favorite thing on the menu! does anyone know why they stopped it? i will never go to burger king again until they bring them back.
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   MsChef 0 Votes
It's because the government is forcing nutritional labeling on all fast foods. The calories, saturated fats, trans fats, etc. were too high on this item. I think they are trying to reformulate the recipe, but they will never be as good. The goodness came from all that fat, saturated, trans and all. However, in the states that formed the 'pilot' tests on labeling, the cheesy tots failed, so they were pulled right then, as it is coming to ALL states soon.
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   MsChef 0 Votes
BTW, this is only the first step on the path. Soon, the government will control everything we are allowed to eat, drink, smoke, etc. We are all too 'dumb' to think for ourselves, hence the government feels it must do it for us! It WILL get worse. Look, they are adding a 'sin tax' on sodas, candy, etc. in many states already. Yes, lots of Americans ARE fat, but that doesn't mean we should all be punished. My 'personal' rule is 80% healthy, 20% 'splurge', and I'm 5'2", and weigh 108. I resent being treated as though I can't think for myself. I am not a 'fast-food' addict. I eat at those places maybe once a month. But, when I DO I want to have what I'm craving. Rant off. (It won't do any good anyway.)
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   LovThemTots112 0 Votes
You see, according to [the government's] plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener".---"Demolition Man"
 13th of Apr, 2010 by   SnowSunbaby 0 Votes
i'm from canada and every time i go to the states (which is quite often) i go to bk to have cheesy tots. i'm so incredibly sad that they are gone from the menu! i too chose bk over mcdonald's for these incredibly yummy bits of goodness! BRING THEM BACK!!!
 26th of Apr, 2010 by   mldukes 0 Votes
Just left a msg with BK consumer relations (305) 378-3535.

My cheesy story:

Honestly I've never been a big fan of Burger king until a friend handed me what looked like a crispy golden tater tot and said "you gotta try this!". To my suprise it was no ordinary tot... but lo and behold the Cheesy Tot! With out a doubt the most amazing fast food side i had ever had! Needless to say burger king was now at the top of the list for me! I would stop in ATLEAST twice a week to pick up a burger and some delicious cheesy goodness in the form of a tator tot. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! mmmm... Sometimes I'd even swing by the drive through just to grab a 6 piece for a snack. Until... one day going through my routine, stopped in BK, ordered cheesy tots and to my horror i was told they no longer offered them! I was devastated, I felt like a child who just got a lollipop ripped from his hands by a bully. lol But seriously. I canceled my order and began my own personal boycot. It lasted a while but i have been back once or twice since they removed them from the menu. Regardless i went from eating their 2-3 times a week to barely coming in once a month.

If i had it my way, Cheesy Tots would be a permanent menu item!

Bring the Cheesy Tots back.. please!

Consumer Protection with Fox 2