logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
City Optical
Wrong information, bad customer service
2. (2 mins ago)
Booking.com
never give your credit card details to booking.com
3. (2 mins ago)
Legal action threatened

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bank of America, Miami, Florida Complaints & Reviews - False information and poor customer support

Bank of America Contacts & Informations

Bank of America

Posted: 2012-07-27 by    Miami Moving

False information and poor customer support

Bank Of America
Miami, Florida
After many failed attempts in trying to reach a conclusion on my matter, I decided it would be best to write a letter to express my dissapointment in your business and the people who represent it.

My name is Jason Burlin, and I have been a Bank of America customer for many years. My business finances, Laprom/Blush Moving is also run by your company. Recently, I have been having some issues with my account. I have called many times trying to discuss this situation with your representatives, but sadly they had no answers to my questions. The poor customer service and the lack of attention has drove me to this.

It seems that the overdraft fees that keep appearing on my account are more of a scam than a mistake on my part. The past seven overdraft fees would have been avoided if your company had process them on time. It seems like you put the checks on hold for a couple days, then when the account is low; you charge them all at the same time. This action has resulted in over $500.00 in overdraft fees alone.

Every time there is a fee I quickly deposit into my account within 24 hours. Yet, it seems your company continues with the unethical method. Holding checks and processing them when the account is less than the total of the checks. This might not seem as a big deal to you, surely your representatives didn't take this serious.But, after we have requested to not process any checks or payments when the account is low to avoid over draft and a negative balance. This request has been made many times and each representative has assured me that this will be fixed. It has yet to be fixed.

This is my final request in hopes of resolving this issue. Please contact me as soon as possible, if not I will have no choice but to proceed with legal actions.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2012 by   Tired_of_Stupid +1 Votes
If you don't spend the money until AFTER it's posted to your account, there will be no overdrafts, and hence no overdraft fees. It's not a scam, it's simple arithmetic, combined with your failure to be responsible for your own finances. Grow up.

5 Tips For Buying Jewelry