logo

vitopharma.com
scam money
4. (30 mins ago)
Willowbend Environmental Center
I got bogus check from them
5. (32 mins ago)

Aspen Dental

Posted: 2011-07-05 by    babyjesus

Scam

Aspen Dental
Both my mom and I went to Aspen dental a month ago for various reasons. She needed dentures and I needed a cleaning. They gave her dentures that don't fit (and never will no matter how much they work on them) and said that I had 7 cavities and needed lots of work.

Today, I went to another dentist because I knew there was no way I had 7 cavities with the amount I clean my teeth. The other dentist said that the only issue I had was a little worn enamel on only TWO teeth. Not only that, they also said I had the healthiest teeth they've ever seen.
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Apr, 2008 by   Mike Snow 0 Votes
I called Aspen dental and made an appointment for a cleaning and check up. They gave me a whole battery of x-rays and then the dentist gave me a cursory exam. The dentist then sends me to the Office Manager who proceeds to set me up for a deep tissue cleaning, replacement of 4 fillings, and 4 new crowns. I have no pain or sensitvity issues. I never got the cleaning.

I told them I wanted the 4 cavities taken care of and made another appointment. when I got there, they had me set up for a deep tissue cleaning first. I was upset because that is not what I set the appointment up for. They then had to check with the dentist to see if was able to do the fillings without the deep tissue cleaning. He said yes. They asked me for the payment before services were rendered. when I got in the chair, they started to give me a whole new line of sales crap.

Aspen Dental has no interest in you as a patient. It is not a family dentistry office. They get you in under false pretenses and then try to up sell you on everything under the sun.

They do not practice dentistry in the best interest of the patient. They should be investigated by the Attorney Generals Office for their business practices.
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   bh 0 Votes
I sure wish I had read these complaints before going today for "free x-ray" and consult at Aspen dental. My wife and I went because we have not been for a cleaning for a few years so we thought that if we get the x-ray we could get a cleaning on the next visit right? Wrong.

We got the x-rays done (the dentist barely did an oral examination, 30 seconds or less). I had no cavities and was told by the dentist that i needed a thorough cleaning (Great! just what i needed!) We were then called in to the consult for the services that were to be provided. They quoted us for more than 3500 dollars of services (some which were legit for my wife-cavities). I was told that i needed deep-cleaning, antibiotics, and extensive home care to take care of my stage one perio disease. (hmm i wish the dentist had mentioned that). The treatment cost 600 dollars and my insurance was not covering it but it was mandatory despite the fact all i wanted was a cleaning(regular cleaning was not an option). I would also have to come back every 4 months to repeat this procedure. This was discovered from an x-ray and a half-ass 30 second oral examination. Conveniently, my wife also has the same condition that requires this deep cleaning procedure (1200 total out of pocket). The fact is that neither of us have any gum issues (no bleeding, swelling etc) that would lead to this diagnosis (possibly small amounts of gingivitis). So we agreed to do this and went home pissed off. I then called my insurance company to tell them about this. They gave me some ADA codes that they cover this procedure at 100%. I called aspen back and asked how they were planning to bill this procedure. Of course they gave me a ADA code that was covered at 0%. I then asked if they could bill under the code my insurance company had provided and i was greeted with a resounding no. At this point, i was going to be a charged 100% for a procedure that was not properly diagnosed or justified. I then told the receptionist that I was changing primary care dentist and to cancel my appointment. She responded with a lack of caring and made no attempt to persuade me otherwise.
What a scam! I am so happy that I did not do this. I am just waiting for them to bill my insurance company for the advertised "free x-rays" which i will then call BBB to make a formal complaint.
 7th of Jun, 2008 by   Rhonda 0 Votes
Absolutely!!! I feel the same way. I WISH I HAD READ UP ON THIS COMPANY BEFORE EVER GOING. Lesson learned huh? I fully expect to be writing not only to the BBB, but to the Attorney General. I'll take it all the way. Dentistry is difficult enough without rip-ff organizations like this.
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   Michele Pratt 0 Votes
I went there yesterday for the first time, and your comments reflect my impression exactly. I liken them to those franchise auto mechanics that you've seen on 60 Minutes, where you take a car that's in perfectly good shape and they give you a laundry list of things that are wrong.

I have a chipped molar that my dentist said would require a 3-surface filling. I called them on the phone for a quote because they're open evenings and I wouldn't have to miss work. They proceeded to do a full-mouth x-ray. When the hygienist told me they were free, I just knew they were going to try to find more wrong than my chipped molar.

Sure enough, not only do they tell me that the molar in question needs a root canal or to be pulled, they also said they same thing about a molar on the opposite side of my mouth. Mind you, I have no pain. The dentist explained this away by saying that "nature is strange sometimes".

I was then directed back to the waiting room for another ten minutes to wait to be seen by their "finance" person. When it was all said and done, what should have been a 15-minute appointment ended up being an hour and 15 minute appointment, and I left feeling like this is an operation that's set up to get as much money as they can out of their patients.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Drew 0 Votes
I had my initial visit with Aspen Dental and the Dr. told me that my teeth looked pretty good and scheduled me for a routine cleaning. When I returned for my "routine cleaning" I was told by a dental hygenist that I needed a deep cleaning and that I would have to have a couple more visits to do a total debridement and that my insurance company would not cover the entire costs. I said that I came for a cleaning and that is what I wanted done. I was told that they could not do a cleaning without doing these other procedures first. I felt like things were not right and this sounded like a scam and a major upsell. I decided to leave and do some research before committing to such things and I am glad I did. After reading all the other complaints about Aspen Dental and hearing about the other scams this company has perpetrated upon others I am so thankful that my internal alarm went off about this company.
 30th of Jan, 2009 by   RDA 0 Votes
I had my husband take my daughter to Aspen Dental in Middletown, NY for a pulpotomy. I'm a dental assistant so I'm familiar with the procedure. When my husband told the dentist that my daughter needed a pulpotomy on tooth #B the dentist said "what tooth #B"? THERE IS NO SUCH THING! Where do they get these dentists and WHERE did they get their degree? I'm sure they got their degree ONLINE! As soon as my husband heard the dentist say "there is no such thing" they left the office.
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   aspenscrewedusbigtime1313 0 Votes
My husband chose Apsen after checking other places because his teeth were bad and he needed dentures. After all was said and done, he was given a sheet with a total of $3400, with discounts for cash payments and insurance. We decided to use our tax refund to cover the cost. That was in March of 2009. Now in Oct of 2009, he has dentures that make him look like Mr Ed, and today, the upper broke! He went to the office where they told him they can't fix them because he supposedly still owed $1200! He paid everything owed and then some, and now he has teeth he can't use, and our new insurance won't cover repairs because the teeth are less than 10 yrs old! These teeth have never fit right. Numerous calls to Aspen get us nothing but assurances that "the gums need to heal" Sub par work, by sub par dentists, guess we learned our lesson. We are out $3400 and my husband is reduced to eating mush until our next income tax refund. It's about time something was done about this company!
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   Allie at Aspen Dental 0 Votes
I'm very sorry to hear about your and your husband's experience with us. We want to help you resolve these issues as soon as possible so please don’t hesitate to call our patient satisfaction team at 1-866-273-8606. Or, you can e-mail us at patientservices@aspendent.com and we’ll get back to you right away.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   trakker14 0 Votes
I had mini implants put in 2 weeks ago, I made them take them out as 2 of the posts were infecting my lower gum, the dentist I had slipped while drilling the holes and tore into my gum, nothing heals. I am still on pain meds and mouth rinses. Gums are swelling and now I have pain along my entire lower left jaw. I wasnt numb when he began drilling the holes, he kept giving me more needles but may as well have been water. So painful... removing them was no easier. Still in severe pain a week later. Avoid these dentists.

Stanfords Caribbean Fraud