Amazon Prime

Amazon Prime=Scam.

I was looking to purchase three specific items on Amazon, and someone told me about the free shipping with Amazon Prime. I started the trial, thinking that having this service would be worth it to save on shipping and handling. I went back to get the items I wanted, and I was happy to see that the t-shirt I wanted to get was eligible for the Prime free shipping. However, when I put the item into my cart, I was surprised to see that it had gone up by almost 5$ since I had last looked at it a few moments before. I logged off of my Amazon account, and the shirt was again only 10$ (I made sure it was the same seller and the same shirt). I decided to load up my cart with the same 3 items again and compare. Before Amazon Prime when I had to pay shipping, my total was about 45$. WITH Amazon Prime and supposedly "free" shipping my total was well over 50$.
How can they honestly expect people to pay 80$ a year for this service if in the end we are spending more money anyway?

Complaint comments Comments (16) Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Sep, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I have been a Prime member for several years and this has never, ever happened to me. Are the items you chose eligible for Prime shipping? Not all items are and it clearly states so at the top of the page if you login. Sometimes an item I want isn't eligible but if I search, often finding another seller who is offering Prime shipping
 25th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Maybe they do this during the trial period. If that's true, it's not a good way to get people to sign up.
 29th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been an amazon customer for almost 2 yrs. I have loved the site, and often order with them. I have three credit cards saved on there, as I usually order for myself, but sometimes order for my mother, well they went to all three credit cards and tried to charge 79.00 for a prime fee? I never agreed to it, nor was 2 out of three cards the primary card. not happy. wouldnt expect this from this site.
 4th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
Amazon Prime is totally disgrace told me was a free trial and then I check my bank today to see they have took out 49pound this is an absolute disgrace I got no warning as to them taking money out of my account and free trial my ass they bloody charged me for it I will never be using them again totally disgusted!!!
 31st of Jan, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I love Amazon and have been a prime member for about 3 yrs. I got a little surprise yesterday when my son, who is not a prime member, had his laptop open next to mine with the exact product displaying with different prices.

We added the item to our carts and he upgraded the shipping to 1-3 expedited shipping. The total cost was 27.97
The exact same item from the same shipper in my cart had 2 day prime shipping with a price of 29.29

I have noticed that the same item from different shipper will have a price difference but the shipping is very different. It take longer for the non-prime item and the price difference has never been enough for me to be concerned about.

But when I saw that a non-prime member, could get the same item I was ordering just as fast and pay less... Well, I was floored. As a prime member in love with Amazon, I feel like I just got cheated on.

I will start doing more compares which will be a pain because you have two accounts and two different PCs.
 7th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
I'm very disappointed with Amazon Prime. I have also noticed that Prime-eligible items are more expensive-- it's like the shipping cost is added into the price. Couple that with the $80/year membership, and it sounds like just another scam. I also am very frustrated that for grocery items, only the bulk items are Prime-eligible. I don't want to spend $30 on flour, or $25 on brown sugar. In many ways, the Prime membership is useless to me.
 8th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I've been ripped off for £49. That's the last penny they get from me. May their lives be miserable as sin. You buy in good faith only to be ripped off. I thought this was a free trial according to their info. Good riddance to the yankie way of dealing with good custom. Arseholes !!! Their loss in the long run. I've cancelled all my details and will never deal with them again. I will do all I can to promote this web site company as dodgy and dishonest. This is just the beginning.Happy new rotten year.
 22nd of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I'm wondering if any other Amazon Prime members are "accidentally" charged for videos that are covered under the prime membership. I just finished watching an episode that is covered by prime, then found that I had been charged. When I called customer service, I was told they could make a 1-time exception and refund me. I mentioned that I would remove my 1-click setting to keep it from happening again and she allowed that if we have a credit card on file, there is no 1-click needed for video rentals. She said that "accidentally" hitting the wrong button when watching prime can be easy and you get charged for that. My question: How many consumers is this happening to and how much is Amazon making off of the people who don't keep a close eye on their charges?
 7th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
Just had to request a refund from Amazon because they enrolled me in a 'free 30 day membership of their video and film club ' without me agreeing, and deducted £79.00 from my bank account without warning.They said I should of read the small print and that by requesting free next day delivery I was agreeing to membership of their video and film club !!!. I will not use Amazon again as I am fed up with big companies that con and rob people
 25th of Jul, 2014 by    +2 Votes
Couldn't by my daughter a birthday present for tomorrow amazon ripped mi off for 106 dollars with no warning
 24th of Sep, 2014 by    +2 Votes
I think Amazon Prime is a big scam to take £79 from each customer. They can take our money out because they got our card details. No decency to warn customer. I don't know how many customers have been cheated by this ongoing scam.
 30th of Dec, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Be VERY careful when ordering on Amazon. If the shipping choices indicate "Prime" and you check that choice, you will be automatically entered for a "Free" 30 day trial Prime trial - at the end of that 30 days you will be charged $99.00 every year. I guess that this is Amazon's way of saying "SURPRISE" and "GOTCHA." No notice of the automatic billing, you will discover it the hard way. If you call customer service to get out of Prime, you will speak to a nice person in India who reads a script to you and cannot help you. I asked for a supervisor and kept demanding that my Prime membership be cancelled immediately. The supervisor finally cancelled my Prime membership on the spot.
I used to trust Amazon, but not any more. I wonder how many other surprises they have for their customers.
 19th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
Disgusted at this blatent rip off, only made a small purchase and was offered next day delivery, which din not happen, then 30 days later they took £79 from our account for membership of amazon prime, no correspondence in between, they are using sly devious methods to use your bank details again and again. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GREEDY GLOBAL GIANT WHO RIPP YOU OFF, MY COMPLAINT IS GOING TO THE TOP, BELIEVE ME. I HAVE A BACKGROUND IN DATA PROTECTION AND FINANCE/ CUSTOMER SERVICES AND AMAZON ARE BREAKING THE LAW ! contact me feel free this is just the start, big companies have been brought to justice before, and AMAZON WILL HAVE TO PAY US ALL BACK, Regards Chris Jackson PEOPLES VOICE.
 3rd of Aug, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I ordered my wife a $160 Tory Burch purse for her birthday. Amazon shipped us a $20 bottle of automotive sealant. When I called customer service they said they no longer had that item in stock, basically ruining my wife's gift. They're answer was to wait till they could find another purse. It's unbelievable that they could be so uncaring about a situation they caused. Shaylia was about as helpful as a kick to the groin.

7th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I order frequently from them, and remember them saying something about videos like Netflix, but never looked into it, and didn't look at Prime anything at all. And haven't ever gotten anything using Prime shipping either.

Today? A holiday no less, find out they have clipped me for 99 dollars, no warning, and damn sure no authorizing the money to be paid to them. Just took if off my number that is used for my purchases.

Got it stopped, but am going to make a formal complaint with Mastercard against them, as well as BBB and the AG of my state too.

Bunch of crooks.
 14th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I checked my bank account this morning and noticed 79 pounds direct debit to amazon prime which I did not autherise in fact have not purchased anything from amazon for months so how can they do this to ordinary people? have cancelled account with prime this morning and I hope the will be refunding the money they took illegally from my account will persue this james smart

Contact Us