logo

Macy's Furniture and Bedding
Macy's Furniture/Bedding Issues
3. (7 mins ago)
Coral Resorts - RCI
Dishonest, Lies, Misrepresenting and did I say Dishonest!
4. (7 mins ago)
myloan
Taken �69.99 out of my account on 3 occasions
5. (14 mins ago)
Score Sense
Never signed up for free trial

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Airtel / Customer Care Complaints & Reviews - Don't trust Airtel!

Airtel / Customer Care Contacts & Informations

Airtel / Customer Care

Posted:    Anirban Sen

Don't trust Airtel!

Airtel
India
www.airtel.com
I have just bought a new prepaid Airtel chip (No. 99031-7607X). I wanted to know the GPRS settings. First of all navigating through the IVR of Airtel is painful because you have to wait till the voice stops parroting. Then, if by chance you enter a number (option) twice, you get disconnected. When you do choose, for example, English Language, you don't get an option to connect to Customer Care. Only after I learned that you must dial the secret number "9" at the secret point in the IVR do you get connected to Customer Care.

The Customer Care really don't care about the customer. Perfect parrot in practiced English dictions, a little off-beat question confuses them thoroughly. They put you on hold and ask their supervisor. In my case, I was told to dial 7070 for technical assistance. I asked whether the number was toll-free and "yes" came the reply.

I called 7070. They had no idea regarding GPRS settings (AND THEY CALL THEMSELVES TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE?) and asked weird and vague questions and finally said they had no idea regarding my question. Ah well! I always knew they were dumb. After hanging up, I was shocked to see my balance depleted for Rs 26.xx for a less than 10 min call.

Moral of the story: Don't trust Airtel. Don't buy Airtel. If you can't afford Hutch, go without a phone. Hire a messenger to send your messages. Above all, don't call customer care and waste your time. Buy some other card. Even an out-of-state on roam SIM.
Comments India Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Dec, 2006 by   VasanthKumar +1 Votes
Ya, whatever said above is true. We never even get a single point of network signal inside the home and we have to rush outside to attend a call. And the worst part is that the members at the customer care are good for nothing and really know any technical answers. For this great service both prepaid and post paid customers are paying rental!!! to conclude, AirTel is really good for nothing. It just shows good films in the form of ADs and spends thriftily on just ADs and not in providing good service to customers..
 23rd of Apr, 2007 by   Mayur Jethwa +1 Votes
Yes airtel is the worst service i ever had seen. They say that they give 115 kbps but what i receive is 1-2 kbps browsing speed. Even after i had launch a complain they are doing nothing with it. My sincere request to all the mobile user do not go for airtel as it a complete money waste. Their customer care is the worst. Hai hai to airtel!
 24th of Apr, 2007 by   vikas -1 Votes
Ya mayur,

Airtel sucks and the executives think that they are the god and we are just a foolish people. U know airtel launch a mega fwp phone in which gprs facility is available. I thought to buy one so i made a call to c.c they told me that there is no such type of plan or handset available as far as they know. When i gave link for that product they simply say its not available,then i ask them why ur website mention your no. They said ya it happen but i dont have any idea. Lol. They all are useless fellow... I think they hire a executive with low salary, airtel dont bother how customer face the problem and how to fix them.
 16th of May, 2007 by   h b raju -1 Votes
I have been complaining since 7-05.07. To improve signal in my office till today i did not get any calls nor assurance of improving. They simply ignore the call.
 18th of Jun, 2007 by   Vishal -1 Votes
I was using airtel for 1 year. But now for 20 days i was unable to connect internet. I was call customer care several times but my problem is not yet solved.

So i was disable my gprs connection.

Thanks,
Vishal
vishalgaurav01@gmail.com
 18th of Jun, 2007 by   Murali Sankar +1 Votes
I am using airtel prepaid for 6 months. The 98950 series. The cust care told me that if I recharge for 350+ per month, I'd get 5000 sms free. I used to get that. Until last month, when i toppedup for 35 Rs for reducing my call rates. And when I recharged this month, I didn't get the free sms. Cust care rep told me that it was because the validity of that 35 rs top up was still on and that was why I didn't get it.

But I have ni my sms inbox, their confirmation message saying i recharged at 9:01am on May 19th. I recharged again for 350 Rs on June 19, 10:52 am. I must get the offer.

But, at cust care, they say I topped up for 35Rs at 14:22 hours on May 19... What the hell??? They won't bother to register my complaint... I dunno what to do...

I once had such a row with them on hello tune activation. Then I threatened them to take airtel to consumer protection court. After 6 days of calling cust care and a few mais to nodal officer, it was rectified...

I am thinking of throwing the SIM to sewage canal... :((
 28th of Jun, 2007 by   Nagaiah +1 Votes
I am having normal prepaid card. I was unable to recharge my prepaid card for Rs 599 and Rs 801 scheme. Could anyone tell me about this, why card was nor recharged.
 29th of Jun, 2007 by   singh bobby +1 Votes
YES, I DO AGREE, AND THINK OF TO GET RID OF THIS SERVICE (AIRTEL)!
 29th of Jun, 2007 by   Mateen Ahmad Patel +1 Votes
i am a regular prepaid coustomer.I have given may request to c.c to change my plan to FRIENDS several times.Every time c.c says we will do it but they do not.They just do time pass.
 6th of Jul, 2007 by   JOHN FERNANDES +1 Votes
If suppose i have a id in www.airtel.in and forgets my password then where should i call or what sms can i send to airtel to retrain my password.
 7th of Jul, 2007 by   Sunil tyagi 0 Votes
Yes, its true that service is poor. Especially GPRS connected to PC through Data cable or Blue Chip, speed of the net is too slow. And even some of the sites do not open at all. Downloading minimum 1 MB fle is just a joke. When complaint is reported they simply suggest basic things, which is not useful to customer. Is it Customer caring or Customer Scaring?
 10th of Jul, 2007 by   K RAVISANKAR 0 Votes
My cell no 9840146560, having budget plus plan. I requested many time for a plan change at 404 and 121. But my request was denied all times. Reason was stated that from budget plus plan I cant move to other plan forever.

Thanks
 12th of Jul, 2007 by   nagappa sanga 0 Votes
Hi ,

I had made recharge TOP Up through internet banking at that time my money was debited from my ICICI bank account. But Top Up is not successful.

I was informed to customer care 24 hrs service but they are not giving proper idea what to do next step. "that transaction air tell Hot no 37296465. Rs 500."

N H Sanga
 13th of Jul, 2007 by   rajeev bhatia 0 Votes
Rajeev Bhatia H.N.-521 Sector-22
Connection-3.5 years

I am holding the connection last 4 years. I regular pay my bill cash to Executive thta come to my office to collect the bill, but last Executive names Amit come to my office and collect the bill payment in cash. He give the receipt of cash payment as per routine receipt no is 109037 dt.23/06/07, but Airtel Dept. calling me for payment again, they are harassing me for the same. There are thirty connection in my office and I wish to surrender all connection.
 16th of Jul, 2007 by   Chiranjib Mazumdar 0 Votes
AIRTEL has disgusted me. I am a mobile office subscriber.

1) Suddenly these people changed the 249 plan to 498 plan and did not even bother to intimate us.

2) The customer care guys are bogus. 90% of the time they are not available.

3) The sms sending function to 121 is further nonsense. Complaints registered are never taken up.

4) The new 498 plan is supposed to be valid for a full 1 month, but on the 24th day of the month validity expires.

Would switch to a different service provider shortly.

Would advice AIRTEL to invest a bit more on customer services instead of celebrities.

Lastly, thanx for making a nice website where we can give vent to our views. But could any one take the pain of escalating these views to proper authorities, so that innocent consumers are no further trapped and the service conditions also improve.

Regards,
Chiranjib Mazumdar.
 17th of Jul, 2007 by   prashant kadam 0 Votes
Airtel really sucks... Their response towards customer is very poor and their executives are also illiterate.
 26th of Jul, 2007 by   SHUBHENDU DAS 0 Votes
I was having a airtel connection,no. +91 9867666050. In the month of Jan 2007, I asked their representative to inform me the final amount due on this no, so that I can pay and close the account.

Their representative said they will collect the payment and asked me to give an application for closing the account. Which I did, their representative came and collected the payment and the application, I got the receipt of the payment and got acknowledgment of the letter. But to my surprise after a month they again called me and asked for payment, I told see I have already closed the account, they told you cannot close the account like this you have to call us and request. I said I have got the acknowledgment of my application and I don't owe you any thing,but they continued harassing me for days, I wrote to them several times also. Like this when they could not get the money from me, they have sent a letter from their advocates asking for Rs.733.00.

I think this is a fraud company and people should not use this companies services, they just want to make easy money.
 31st of Jul, 2007 by   Naji Mohamed 0 Votes
I am having a harrowing experience with airtel and their customer care. I had a postpaid corporate connection which was directy getting billed from my bank account. I put the cancellation request for the connection as I was moving abroad in one of the so called "customer relationship centers". I was promised that the connection will be canceled from the next day. Even after 5 months, my account is getting billed for a connection i am not using ( i am still staying abroad). My friends called up the customer care repeatedly to raise this issue, but still the connection is not canceled inspite of promised made by customer care personnel. I am not understanding why this is happening. And if there is anyway to file a consumer court complaint against Airtel.
 1st of Aug, 2007 by   rakesh kr. sahoo 0 Votes
I have taken postpaid connection of airtel in noida no. is, 9871136590, on 23 rd july, 2007. I had given my driving license and lease agreement photocopy for address verification. they had verify my address but they have disconnect my outgoing calls and saying that your payment is due but i had paid my payment. I call to the customer care they again and again daily start my outgoing call and after one day disconnect my outgoing calls saying due to verification 5 days i had seen the process but till now my problem is not resolved. My complain no they have message me as service request no. four to five times these are as given 13407463, 497065332,13379031, my problem is that they are not starting my outgoing connection i had already given all the document to them. If within two days they will not start then return back my securities otherwise I will go to the consumer forum and sue against the airtel.

rakesh kr. sahoo
airtel no- 9871136590.
 7th of Aug, 2007 by   Waiihom Rakesh 0 Votes
For the first time I came to know that the service of Airtel has indeed horrible in other region too. I have been having a horrible time for the last 6 months complaining after complaining about the network, as I get not signal when inside my house. The market here in Imphal is wonderful but for a regular customer who opts for mobility and all the promised GPRS and coverage I had to run around here and there while even staying at proper Imphal. They have disconnected the service but what a pity they could not address my problem. The experience would never be same again with my clients. I had even once had the customer call my clients who were handling Hutch connection as they could not access to my Airtel connection. A major player like Bharti with its third class service is something to be looked upon.

Simple Ways to Save $1,000