logo

Avvya
FAKE/TOXIC SOAP
2. (36 mins ago)
DHL
DHL non delivery and theft!
3. (38 mins ago)
Security staff

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

7-11 Gas Station - Post Road in Indianapolis, Indiana Complaints & Reviews - Bad gas problem!

7-11 Gas Station - Post Road in Indianapolis, Indiana Contacts & Informations

7-11 Gas Station - Post Road in Indianapolis, Indiana

Posted:    CaptAdams

Bad gas problem!

I purchased fuel from the 7-11 gas station on Post Road in Indianapolis, Indiana back in October 2005 while on my way to New York. I put about 13 gallons of gas in my 2004 Isuzu Rodeo, bought some refreshments and got back on the interstate. Less than 3 miles down the road my car began to lurch and billow thick clouds of white smoke out of the exhaust. I nursed my vehicle to the next exit and stopped at a Shell station where my vehicle died and would not start again. Luckily there was an Advanced Auto Parts store nearby and Travis was of superb assistance. He quickly diagnosed the problem as being bad gas and recommended HEET water remover and Lucas fuel additive. After some time and two bottles of HEET, one bottle of octane booster, and a small bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment, it started up again. Still smoking like crazy. We drove down to the Advanced Auto Parts store and purchased another bottle of HEET. Travis tried to find us a fuel filter, but they didn't carry one that would fit my truck, but advised there was an Auto Zone in Greenfield which was on our way. My truck barely drove at 40mph on the interstate and everyone behind us backed off because of all the smoke. By the time we reached Greenfield, Auto Zone was closed and we had depleted an entire tank of gas (in 42 miles). We pulled into the Wal Mart Super Center parking lot and went in to finda fuel filter and something to drain the remaining contents of our tank into. After 5 or 6 different fuel filters we gave up for finding one, but bought a dishpan and drained the contents of the fuel tank. What came out was nothing short of sludge. It looked like bloody diahrrea. The next morning at daybreak we walked to the Auto Zone and they had the right fuel filter, or so we thought, until we got back to my Rodeo. Apparently there is a huge difference between the regular 3.2 liter and the 3.5 direct injection motor that I have. To make a long story short, I have accumulated several repair bills since, including catalytic converters, fuel pumps and lines, injectors (5 went bad), and now the motor has completely seized from the crystallization of the seals from the contaminants. All together the total is just over $14,000 and John Reinartz from Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management thought it to be funny to offer me the $34.21 for the bad tank of gas and call it even. If anyone else has had a similar problem with fuel from any of the gas stations in Indianapolis, please contact me by email. I am a professional investigator and intend to lodge a major complaint, if not a class action lawsuit, against this store. I will respond to all inquiries or complaints.
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Sep, 2007 by   Joe Johanson 0 Votes
I've always gottn gas from there, never had any problems.
 11th of Sep, 2008 by   robin jones 0 Votes
Oh my God, Now I think I know what the heck is wrong wit my ride. I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan in which i normally use Shell gas, but this one particular morning, the 711 (which recently changed the day before from XtraMart) had a sale of gas for $3.39 a gallon. Well I thought it was a good deal because my beloved Shell station was advertising $3.64.. Anyway, i put $20 gas in my van, just enough to make it home and got the shock of my life. I have never had any trouble with my van before, or EVER! But after I left the 711 gas station and while in heavy traffic, my van was smoking like a crackhead's bong! My van has been at the dealer for two days now and as dealers do, they said everything was wrong wit my van including bad gas. I didnt believe them @1st, but now I do.. Add my name to the complaint list.. It was the 711 gas station at the corner of Maryland Rte 2 and Mayo road in Edgewater Maryland...

Identity Theft Has Many Forms