logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Clark Shoes
Stitching coming apart on both clogs
2. (6 mins ago)
JOHN E. BOUZANE
UNLAWFUL EVICTION
5. (13 mins ago)
POF
Deleted my account for no reason

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-06-22 by    Maxina

Stay away from this one

Zoosk.com
zoosk.com
So I just heard about this new free dating website called "Zoosk.Com" and figured I would give it a try. Even before my profile was fully created I was having doubts. The first thing that bothered me about it is that if you say you have children you have to either say that "they live at home" or that "they don't live at home". In my case I have my daughter 50% of the time which leaves plenty of time for dating without having to bring her into the equation. This is actually a pretty big deal that they essentially are forcing people with kids to say they either live with or without them 100% of the time because not only does it paint an inaccurate picture, but it can significantly reduce a person's marketability by giving the impression that their kid is connected to their hip at all times.

So I finish my profile and on the main home page what do I see? Status updates of unattractive men and then...OMG!!! I kid you not... on the home page I see a pic of a big hard...umm you can use your imagination. Real classy huh?

The good news? I have had 7 men email/wink at me in the 35 minutes I have been signed up. The bad news? If me and any one of these guys were the last ones on earth and the survival of the species depended on my having to have procreate with them, let's just say "Sorry human kind".

Oh and another thing, this is one of those "free sites" that limits you in terms of the interaction you can have with people unless you spend money. If I wanted to be hit on by unattractive men I would just go to a bar and at least there I'd get my drinks paid for. Ha ha!

I'm going to leave my profile up and try to give this site a fair shot, but I can't say I'm getting my hopes up.
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of May, 2011 by   poorbiker 0 Votes
After three email notifications, Zoosk.com refuses to cancel my account.
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   Midineay 0 Votes
No support whatsoever, even for a paid member.
 1st of Dec, 2011 by   Rockford Steele 0 Votes
To EVERYONE about ONLINE DATING: Most dating sites are a scam. Literally. A scam. Are you are familiar with the nude bar business concept? Pretty women flirt gullible guys out of their paychecks. These sites are the exact same thing - except without the girls! Oh, there are some real girls there, but you will get canned "messages" from fake profiles (up to 90% are fake profiles with photos acquired from other sites, or stock model shots) until you've paid for a long-term contract and every possible upgrade. Some sites hire people to actually interact in real-time with suspicious members. Think of an online version of the movie "The Joneses". I'm a programmer, have worked in advertising, have lived with a few "exotic dancers". (I also met my wife online, so there is hope.) If you want to know just how fake they are, just delete everything in you profile except your name, log out, and then log in the next day. You'll find that the hotties who originally sent you messages and then disappeared are sending you hottie-grams again. From my experience, the bottom line is this: If you are a real person and you want to meet people for free, try OKCupid!. If you want to get married, then suck it up and pay for a year-long membership at Match.com. Nothing else is worth the time or money. *I am NOT affiliated with any online service. This has just been my experience. YMMV*
 19th of Mar, 2012 by   Plaide 0 Votes
All online dating sites are scam.
 21st of Nov, 2012 by   Coldren 0 Votes
They mine your email addresses and spam your friends!!!
 3rd of Dec, 2012 by   radumas 0 Votes
Yes, they spam every one of your contacts, not just your friends, but every email address in your contact book. Your mother will get an invite from you to join a dating site.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   limjunhao 0 Votes
stop giving me the message I cannot even play my game!!!
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   limjunhao 0 Votes
just get out of my facebook!!!
get out zoosk!!!