Whirlpool Duet Washer

The product from hell!

In March 2006 I purchased a very expensive Whirlpool Duet washing machine. I moved into my new home and started using the machine in May. Today, on November 29, 2006 I washed a load of delicate clothes (a small load) only to hear water gushing all over my laundry room floor. It took me an hour to clean the floor, an hour to wring the clothes out and it took the Whirlpool dryer also purchased at the time over two hours to dry them. A pair of nice pants and a blouse was ruined of course and will never be useful again.

I called Lowe's where the washer was purchased who gave me a list of three Whirlpool dealers who would come out and service the machine since obviously it was under warranty. To my surprise after calling the Whirlpool dealers the first appointment is six days from now. I called Lowe's and the manager said "Oh Well, Lowe's didn't make it", and that is how it has ended.

I have broken my fingernails and my back cleaning up my new floor, I have used tons of electricity trying to dry the clothes, and I have ruined half of those clothes. Whirlpool buyers BEWARE.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful?

29th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
My whirlpool duet washer locks up and breaks down every few months. It has a cheap #*()$ plastic pump that breaks very easily. I believe it was purposely made this way but I paid way too much money to put up with this.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

Whirlpool Duet Washer - service
a & e factory service/ whirlpool

Do not buy a whirlpool product. They do not care after the sale. Have not had a working washing machine for over 3 months. Why, they cannot get the parts needed to fix it. It is less than a year old. They tell me they cannot control if parts are not available. They just apologize and tell me it is out of their control. So what am I supposed to do? Just keep going to the laundry mat? Do not purchase a whirlpool product.
 5th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
My whirlpool duet washer will not drain! I bought it in Nov 2009 of course its not under warranty anymore. I called a repairman who wasn't a certified whirlpool dealer who can not figure out what the problem is. The dealer's repairman wants to charge me $80 to just come out and another $18 per 15 minutes to figure out what the problem is plus whatever the part is, plus labor and tax. Then there is no guarantee that repair will fix the problem. I have heard nothing but complaints about this piece of junk. It's too expensive to fix so now I have to go and buy a new one! It will NOT be a Whirlpool!
 28th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
Worst purchase of my life! A $300 washer works better and with less problems. Constant error codes, repair visit costs and no solutions. DO NOT purchase this washer - you will never forgive yourself
 5th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
I must be the biggest fool on the face of the earth. I purchased a whirlpool duet in 2007 and after having it for 2 years I began to have problems, such as, leaking from underneath my washer, leaking from my door, would not drain, an kept receiving error codes. I contact whirlpool and a technician came out and he made things worse, so in 2012 I purchased another whirlpool duet, and yes I did say another but after 18 months my washer started acting up once again. I called whirlpool, because this time I made sure I purchased the extended warranty, but the company claims that it is not in their system. My washer is now ripping up my clothes and it causing me to rebuy clothes and whirlpool refuse to provide any assistance. I am trying my best to start a civil lawsuit and I would like your input.
 25th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
This duet washer does not clean well. Clothes came out still smelly. Not a reliable machine. Technician said my washer died because of computer board and it costs $600 to change just the computer board !!! The dryer takes 2 hours to dry. I paid $2500 for the pair and feel like a fool! I had to take my clothes to laundromat while waiting for the new washer dryer to arrive and I found laundromat actually did a better job than whirlpool duet! Don't buy them !

Whirlpool Corp Logo Whirlpool Corp